Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Providers?

Options
  • 18-12-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

The wife and I have just bought a house in Ballincollig. We're new to the area and just wondering if people have recommendations as to which broadband providers are worth looking at/available?

We don't need tv/phone, so not pushed about a combination package - just Internet.

I've dealt with Eircom (Eir) in the past and they were a nightmare - customer service is shocking.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Is Virgin Media is available in your area?
    You can pop your address into their website to check.
    Great option if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Virgin Media is a good shout. Vodafone fibre broadband only is good too. €38 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

11214 wrote: »
    Is Virgin Media is available in your area?
    You can pop your address into their website to check.
    Great option if you can get it.

I checked their site and it seems we can get it. Might go for that so, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Had Vodafone in Carrigaline for the last 18 months, same package as recommended.
    Vodafone Engineer came out to the house and had the whole setup was done in less than 60mins, (once the usual Eircom hoops were jumped through).

Very happy with the service tbh, renewed it a few months ago.

Only thing is that there is a new fibre optic rollout underway (rolled out in Carrigaline and possibly soonish in Ballincollig?), so you may want to ask Vodafone about your options before you sign up to any long contract.

http://siro.ie/
    http://comingsoon.vodafone.ie/register/lightspeed-broadband

Edit:
    Seems you can just switch over when it's available
    http://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Packages-Plans/SIRO/td-p/189220

• Registered Users Posts: 27 boy98

I can't recommend Meteor either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Virgin(formerly Upc)
    /thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Most broadband companies want you to sign up for the phone package if you want broadband :(

The Vodafone shop in Carrigaline can check if your house is connected to Siro. My estate recently had contractors putting it in but Vodafone said its not available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

you could always sign up for a package, and before the cooling off period is over, tell them you want out, the tv is rubbish, come and take away the gear.

but you might be tempted to keep the broadband bit if they sharpen their pencil...
    45 shekels/month over on UPCVirgin now online

Advertisement