Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dt 425 pharmacy technician course dit

Options
  • 18-12-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for some info on this course please specifically the timetable and work placements, I have read you spend second half of year 1 and first half of year 2 on placement? Also heard it's a 4 day a week course? Any info please as timetable too confusing and don't know whether to apply!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lalaledge

Hi. The timetable changes every year...except its a six month placement from Jan to July/August in year two (if you dont have previous pharmacy experience).
    First year was 5 days a week in the first semester of year one. Then 4 a week in the second semester. Year two first half of the semester was 4 days (but could have been condensed into two and a half days really).
    Letterkenny IT seem to have four sets of 6 week placements, it seems a bit nicer schedule wise.
    Are you a mature student? If so just be aware that if youre using this as a stepping stone into another degree that your options will be limited as to what you can do - and even then you only go into the second year.
    Also the wages for retail techs is 12 euro an hour (on average). It never seems to go up. You will be fighting for 50cent wage hikes.
    The hours in retail are also awful.
    Really I'd reconsider doing the course. Hospital techs get paid a lot more but competition for jobs is huge. Theres no real interaction with patients - its quite like working in an office.
    Not trying to be negative but at the end of the course now and wishing I'd done something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lucy Dourado

Hi! I've applied to pharmacy technician (DIT) as a mature student (I am 30 yrs) but I didn't get any informartion about it yet. Does anyone know if DIT send out letters to let us know even if we were not selected?

And could anyone of youse tell me if I have a chance to get in:

First, I am from Brazil and I think I could struggle a bit with english as it is not my first language. Secondly I am currently doing Pre Nursing Fetac 5 and I don't know if it would be an advantage to get in or not or whatever and finally I have no experience working in a pharmacy. I did start the same course in Brazil but I dropped 4 months after due to health problems.

Thank you guys!

Advertisement