Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We have a result! A&PI Christmas Photo Competition

• 18-12-2015 10:41pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Note: This competition is now closed, thanks to everyone for taking part :)

Hi all,
    The deadline has been reached, and you have selected your 8 (actually, 9) worthy finalists!

Here's a link to the original thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531759

Each of the pics below represents a category, and they received the most thanks in the "qualifying rounds".
    In Category 6, "Group Shot", we had two photos that got equal number of thanks (12 each), they were Borderlinemeath's pic of her 3 Irish Setters looking at the camera, and Honerbright's shot of Roisin the Cocker and Poppy the terrier also looking at the camera... Because we can't separate them, we'll put them both forward to the final 8... errr... 9!

We'll run this final until next Tuesday, December 22nd at 9pm sharp. At that time, the picture with the most thanks will be the winner!

Well done to everyone who took part in the qualifying round, I know I really enjoyed looking at all your lovely pets and they are all winners in their own right... sure don't ye love them?!:)
    Good luck to our 9 finalists, and see you all here again next Tuesday when we'll announce the winner.
    Remember... vote for your favourite!;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Category 1: Golden Oldies
    Morgana's 13 year old Pudsy enjoying the lovely warmth of the radiator... ahhh, the comfort of it!

50gnt.jpg

Category 2: Fancy Pants!
    Hooked's Huskies Jack and Hugo really know how to cut a dash... this duo won the "best dressed" category.

54dijb.jpg

Category 3: Lights, Camera, Action!
    SillyMangoX's hilarious shot of Cream watching Dude take flight won the Action Photo.

fly_zps53c8f5dd.jpg

Category 4: LOL Pets!
    SillyMangoX's Dude often features when there's something funny going on...and this pic is no exception! :D

335blma.jpg

Category 5: Baby Face
    Knine's adorable newborn Border Terrier puppy Harley won this category... he's only 2 hours old in this pic :o

29ys5eo.jpg

• Advertisement

Category 6: Group Shot! #1
    We had two pics in ths category receiving an equal amount of thanks. The first was BorderLineMeath's lovely shot of Coco, Buddy and Benson lining up for a treat... and very polite they look too!

25rfgo9.jpg

Category 6: Group Shot! #2
    The 2nd winner of our Group Shot category was Honerbright's very cute shot of Roisin the Cocker and Poppy the JRT posing for the camera!

iw19ww.jpg

Category 7: Dog and Cat Free Zone
    Knine captured this lovely moment of Rio the parrotlet (who is apparently a cheeker fecker. Knine's words, not mine :o) giving Gizmo the Guinea Pig a nice back-scratch!

2k58h.jpg

Category 8: Never Forget
    Scudzilla's Ozzy stole many hearts of with this photo. Taken far too young, he looks like he had a very happy and contented life nonetheless :o

2ptplbc.jpg

Okay! That's our 9 finalists! Well done to you all for making it this far!
    Enjoy looking at the forum's favourite pictures, and keep the votes rolling in!
    See you all again next Tuesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

DBB wrote: »
    Hi all,
    The deadline has been reached, and you have selected your 8 (actually, 9) worthy finalists!

Here's a link to the original thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531759

Each of the pics below represents a category, and they received the most thanks in the "qualifying rounds".
    In Category 6, "Group Shot", we had two photos that got equal number of thanks (12 each), they were Borderlinemeath's pic of her 3 Irish Setters looking at the camera, and Honerbright's shot of Roisin the Cocker and Poppy the terrier also looking at the camera... Because we can't separate them, we'll put them both forward to the final 8... errr... 9!

We'll run this final until next Tuesday, December 22nd at 9pm sharp. At that time, the picture with the most thanks will be the winner!

Well done to everyone who took part in the qualifying round, I know I really enjoyed looking at all your lovely pets and they are all winners in their own right... sure don't ye love them?!:)
    Good luck to our 9 finalists, and see you all here again next Tuesday when we'll announce the winner.
    Remember... vote for your favourite!;)

Do you mean we only have ONE vote?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aonb wrote: »
    Do you mean we only have ONE vote?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! It's worse for me because they're all my posts, and therefore I can't vote for ANY of them :o

Less than 24 hours to go!
    Keep the votes rolling in folks! :)

WE HAVE A RESULT!
    WOOHOO!

:D

Well, well, well!
    I think this is the first time this has happened!
    We have a tie :D
    With 10 votes each by the time the bell tolled at 9pm this evening:
    from Category 4, LOL Pets!, we have SillyMangox's fab picture of a happy, smiling Dude,
    and
    from Category 5, Baby Face, we have Knine's adorable photo of newborn Border Terrier Puppy Harley.
    Congratulations to you both!
    So, I had offered to donate €15 to a registered Irish animal charity of the winner's choice. As we have two winners, I will donate €15 to both winners.. will you both PM me to let me know which charity you'd like me to donate to? :)
    Furthermore, I had offered to donate another €15 to the Boards Santa Strike Force on behalf of the winner... instead, I'll donate €20 to this fantastic cause on behalf of you both. You can, if you like, opt to donate your €15 to the SSF if you wish, it's up to you!

Here are our winning pics:
    From Cateogry 4, LOL Pets!, we have Dude:
    335blma.jpg

And from Category 5, Baby Face, here's Harley and his mum!

29ys5eo.jpg

Thanks folks!
    Wishing you all a very happy Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

DBB promptly resigns from the A&PI Annual Christmas Photo Competition.

Well done SilkyMango!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aww brill Dude is chuffed with himself :D

Well done to you too Knine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Well done to you both, fantastic photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭sdp

Well done to you both! congratulations
    and thanks for all the wonderful photo's from everyone, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

well done! brilliant photo! i wish i could photograph lotso half as well!

Advertisement