Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester united vs Norwich Match Thread 19/12/'15 3pm. NOT ON UK TV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Fvck off LVG. P45 time.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

well that was unexpected

not

Possession possession. Achingly slow build-up. No real shots on target. Norwich keeper not tested

Our two future strikers and future winger have all scored today at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Joke

Rooney should be off for Herrera at HT with Herrera going to 10, Martial up front and Mata on the right.

Won't happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh Dave. That's a poor attempt to push the ball away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Daggers are being sharpened as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We are so ordinary looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lads, any pubs in Dublin showing this
    On the sat box? Can't find one

Jose would give this lot the kick up the arse they deserve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its madness commentators are still talking about "adjusting" nearly a season and a half into LVG's time at OT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lads, any pubs in Dublin showing this
    On the sat box? Can't find one

Sinnotts usually have them I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

The scary thing is that we actually can't score the two goals required to win this now.

Oh, and for the absence of any doubt, Rooney absolutely stinks the place out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So I'm the only one thinking that Rooney is actually playing alright then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Quandary wrote: »
    Joke

Rooney should be off for Herrera at HT with Herrera going to 10, Martial up front and Mata on the right.

Won't happen though.

Rooney bashing back again, despite actually playing quite well. How did United get on without him against Bournemouth and Wolfsburg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The fans will finally have a chance to make some noise when the half-time whistle goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ankles wrote: »
    Oh, and for the absence of any doubt, Rooney absolutely stinks the place out

Thought he would have come out today with a point to prove...nope. Just the usual ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No urgency about players. Fellaini heads an OK ball across goal and only a half hearted attempt to get at it ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Rooney bashing back again, despite actually playing quite well. How did United get on without him against Bournemouth and Wolfsburg?

And has proved the difference maker in regards of how the game is going here so far too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thought he would have come out today with a point to prove...nope. Just the usual ****

Like everyone else in the United side then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I wish he would stop writing notes and get up and give someone a bollocking, way too relaxed.

Lvg definitely getting it in the ear there, fans are rightly pissed off. I'm afraid if he doesn't manage to turn this around it may be the chopping board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So I'm the only one thinking that Rooney is actually playing alright then?

Was actually going to comment on that, he is the better of the two with Martial anonymous

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yes. But much like the manager is going to take extra flack for being responsible for tactics, as captain, Rooney has to shoulder a lot of extra flack too.

And has proved the difference maker in regards of how the game is going here so far too.

So if United are sh*te with him and sh*te without him, maybe Rooney isn't the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The sound of shock around old trafford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

madcabbage wrote: »
    I wish he would stop writing notes and get up and give someone a bollocking, way too relaxed.

They might as well take away the little managers box in front of the Utd bench,no one uses it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

niallo27 wrote: »
    The sound of shock around old trafford

It's hardly shock. It's the expected at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

All that matters is how is playing for us today against a cannon fodder team at OT. He is playing terribly and how someone could claim otherwise is really beyond my understanding. For what it's worth, Mata is also playing poorly but Rooney doesn't belong on the pitch in his current form. He is clearly not good enough at this moment in time.

So if United are sh*te with him and sh*te without him, maybe Rooney isn't the problem?

Agreed. But perhaps Rooney as captain and Smalling as a key player is indicative of how far United have fallen, despite still being in contention for CL qualification and a possible title charge.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    All that matters is how is playing for us today against a cannon fodder team at OT. He is playing terribly and how someone could claim otherwise is really beyond my understanding. For what it's worth, Mata is also playing poorly but Rooney doesn't belong on the pitch in his current form. He is clearly not good enough at this moment in time.

This. For all LVG's stodgy tactics, Rooney has no spring in his step, no ball control, can't shoot on target, and can't create any chances. All he can do is shovel the ball along to someone else. He looks miles away from being at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Agreed. But perhaps Rooney as captain and Smalling as a key player is indicative of how far United have fallen, despite still being in contention for CL qualification and a possible title charge.

Smalling has been outstanding this year, one of the top centre halves in the league. Not sure where your coming from there...

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Still can't believe people are dismissing Smalling despite the fact he's a top centre half.

So are you saying you saying he isn't **** or everyone is ****? Cant be both your relentless sticking up for him is funny though..

Thought he has don eok myself but thats all missed the first 15 mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Its madness commentators are still talking about "adjusting" nearly a season and a half into LVG's time at OT

In fairness though it's all part of the process. Sure the won't learn the LVG way for 3 weeks, oh no 3 months.... Oh sorry what was that Louis 3 years..... Nice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Faugheen wrote: »
    Still can't believe people are dismissing Smalling despite the fact he's a top centre half.

While I accept he has come on leaps and bounds this season, I just don't think he is title-winning quality (compared to some of the greats that preceded him). It wasn't too long ago when fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was shown the door.

If he continues to improve, and sustains it over a few seasons, then I will gladly accept I am wrong. One season does not a top defender make.

While I accept he has come on leaps and bounds this season, I just don't think he is title-winning quality (compared to some of the greats that preceded him). It wasn't too long ago when fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was shown the door.

If he continues to improve, and sustains it over a few seasons, then I will gladly accept I am wrong. One season does not a top defender make.

What?? His form has been unreal for 12+ months now

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It really is a miracle that udt are still in the top 4 (although that will change if results stay the same) given how awfully they are playing and have been for some time. That might be the thing that can save van Gaals job perhaps for a while at least.

ankles wrote: »
    This. For all LVG's stodgy tactics, Rooney has no spring in his step, no ball control, can't shoot on target, and can't create any chances. All he can do is shovel the ball along to someone else. He looks miles away from being at this level.

You've described pretty much every player to play for United under LVG.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Will be best in the long run if we lose this , surely van gaal will have to go then.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What?? His form has been unreal for 12+ months now

As I said, I will eat humble pie if he is maintaining it in a couple of years time, but at the moment I think it is being over-played somewhat. Johnny Evans has had a couple of seasons when he looked a genuine successor to Rio-Vidic (and has incidentally not put a foot wrong at the Baggies since he arrived)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Faugheen wrote: »

Utd will do well to hang on to him when Real, Barca or Bayern come for him.

You've described pretty much every player to play for United under LVG.

If Rooney is **** as you are implying why do u care when people say so, your relentless with the sticking up for him.

So are you saying you saying he isn't **** or everyone is ****? Cant be both your relentless sticking up for him is funny though..

Thought he has don eok myself but thats all missed the first 15 mind

I'm saying everyone is sh*t in this United side under LVG. Why wouldn't I stick up for him, he's the captain of the club I support and gets relentless criticism despite being no worse than anyone else in the side. It's getting a bit old. Especially when "experts" say something simple like he needs to be brought off/benched. Well he wasn't around for our last two matches, how did they go?

This season? He was key to us getting 4th last year!

He'd walk into any side in the league, including Man City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

(and has incidentally not put a foot wrong at the Baggies since he arrived)

Hasn't he only played one game for them?

Johnny Evans was injury prone with us and when he wasn't injured he looked extremely unfit.

He never had a look of a natural successor to Rio or Vidic. Everything about Smalling's game screams Rio Ferdinand.

Hasn't he only played one game for them?

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22079/

Nope

I'm saying everyone is sh*t in this United side under LVG. Why wouldn't I stick up for him, he's the captain of the club I support and gets relentless criticism despite being no worse than anyone else in the side. It's getting a bit old. Especially when "experts" say something simple like he needs to be brought off/benched. Well he wasn't around for our last two matches, how did they go?

If he is **** he deserves to get called out on it, why it bothers you so much is bizzare. He is our captain, longest at the club and highest paid so he will be held to a higher standard.

Many players were missing for the last 2 games not just Rooney in case you missed it

If Rooney is **** as you are implying why do u care when people say so, your relentless with the sticking up for him.

Only as relentless as people are for needlessly putting him down. He's certainly not the player he once was, but certainly not as bad as everyone here likes to make out. Every attacking player under performs in this United side under LVG. With and without Rooney, the team are sh*t. I just don't get why he's always blamed for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement