Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester united vs Norwich Match Thread 19/12/'15 3pm. NOT ON UK TV.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Wow, fantastic stuff.

This could mean the end of LVG unfortunately. Great stuff from Norwich tbf.

Moyes can be explained why they were so poor but not van gal. More to it than the manager for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That actually did make me laugh!

It's amazing how quick Turtyturd was here to thank you though.

He's a silent guardian, watchful thanker.

The Dark Turd.

ricero wrote: »
    Ed woodward also has to go if lvg goes

What?! Get rid of the transfer genius that brought in Falcao and Di Maria?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

If it's any consolation to Man Utd fans, they're now about 3/4 of the way through their 'Souness ' era and can start looking forward to seeing their Spice Boys team in a year or two's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Damn was hoping we'd equalize so we could have a open top bus parade like Liverpool did last week

On a serious note, LVG is in major trouble

I was waiting for the equalising goal to post something smart but.......

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not picking on United here (Christ knows pretty much all the top sides can bottle it in equal measure in recent weeks) but this really is the most exciting the Premier League has been in a very long time. The fact that nothing things like Norwich can get big away wins adds to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

How has Van Gaal not paraded us up to the Stretford End hand-in-hand to thank the fans yet?

glued wrote: »
    How has Van Gaal not paraded us up to the Stretford End hand-in-hand to thank the fans yet?

They've all gone home to London already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Were they saying boo, or boo-urns?

• Advertisement

Not picking on United here (Christ knows pretty much all the top sides can bottle it in equal measure in recent weeks) but this really is the most exciting the Premier League has been in a very long time. The fact that nothing things like Norwich can get big away wins adds to that.

Adds to what? The Premier League is suffering and you can see that when the PL teams are in Europe. Competition is good up to a point, but the balance has been tipped. It's good for the league in the short term but in the long term that well of money will begin to dry up as the international appeal of the PL teams drops in favour of the Spanish Clubs and Bayern Munich. The league are going to lose the 4th CL spot in the next few years too.

Also, the product on the field is terrible. So many crap teams playing poorly.

martyos121 wrote: »

Says the Liverpool fan in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Giggs playing up to the cameras and fans on the touchline. Pathetic stuff

I have more of a link to Liverpool through my family than you could ever wish to have to United.

Making assumptions is a thoroughly stupid thing to do.

ricero wrote: »
    Ed woodward also has to go if lvg goes
    Such a vague post.

Ed Woodward for eg managed to get a kit deal with addidas worth 750 million

Why on earth should he go?

I have more of a link to Liverpool through my family than you could ever wish to have to United.

You do realise you have made an assumption yourself?

Being stupid should be a crime.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Moyes can be explained why they were so poor but not van gal. More to it than the manager for me.

No way Moyes would have done any worse if he was backed with the amount Van Gaal was.

Look at the statistics ffs. The vast majority of Manchester locals support City. United have a huge following in London and other parts of the country. No assumptions made here whatsoever.

And if stupidity were indeed a crime, you'd be doing back-to-back life sentences. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

As stupid as that tired London "joke".

keith16 wrote: »
    As stupid as that tired London "joke".

Read my last post and you'd understand it is indeed more of a fact than a joke. The only joke here is the football United are playing these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United won't appoint mourinho they will have seen how bad things went so quickly after Chelsea won the league. Bobby and alex will recommend it's given to giggsy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Look at the statistics ffs. The vast majority of Manchester locals support City. United have a huge following in London and other parts of the country. No assumptions made here whatsoever.

And if stupidity were indeed a crime, you'd be doing back-to-back life sentences. :)

Liverpool also have a huge following in Ireland. What the fcuk are you trying to say here?

keith16 wrote: »
    Liverpool also have a huge following in Ireland. What the fcuk are you trying to say here?

Not trying to say anything, I'm outright saying that it's hypocritical for Irish United fans to call me out on saying their fans are from London when Liverpool has a far greater amount of local support. Anyone with a brain would realise I'm not knocking your club.

Well able to give it out ye are, but can't take it for the life of ye. :)

That's not true at all. United have a far bigger support in Manchester, google it, but what do I care I'm a United fan in Ireland? Not sure why you feel the need to lie about something so irrelevant.

Thanks for the compliment though.

That's not true at all. United have a far bigger support in Manchester, google it, but what do I care I'm a United fan in Ireland? Not sure why you feel the need to lie about something so irrelevant.

Not sure why you felt the need in the first place to take a shot at Klopp thanking our fans, and then expect not to be called out on your petty jab. Grow up and thicken your skin, as I said, ye are well able to dish it out but get so defensive when ye're called out then. It's laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The assumption you made was that you have a closer link to Liverpool than that poster does to man utd without knowing anything of their connection to the club.

Nothing to do with where the man utd fans are from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads why are you alway insisting on this "us vs them" ****. You're grown adults for **** sake and not from Liverpool or Manchester. It's so ****ing cringeworthy. Choosing a football team is such an arbitrary thing to get so tribal about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Read my last post and you'd understand it is indeed more of a fact than a joke. The only joke here is the football United are playing these days.
    Not trying to say anything, I'm outright saying that it's hypocritical for Irish United fans to call me out on saying their fans are from London when Liverpool has a far greater amount of local support. Anyone with a brain would realise I'm not knocking your club.

Well able to give it out ye are, but can't take it for the life of ye. :)

Not sure why you felt the need in the first place to take a shot at Klopp thanking our fans, and then expect not to be called out on your petty jab. Grow up and thicken your skin, as I said, ye are well able to dish it out but get so defensive when ye're called out then. It's laughable.

now-kiss-84863136

Again you're making assumptions. I'm happy to report that I am, in fact, all grown up. I don't have thick skin although I'm pretty happy about that as I imagine the medical expenses would be quite costly; which would only worsen the burden of carrying around all that thick skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Didn't take long for the thread to be destroyed,45 minutes after the final whistle must be nearing a record.

Lets wreck the place *smashes television*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I think Utd would be foolish to appoint Mourinho at this point in time.

If he's the man Utd want, wait until the summer. Give Mourinho the few months to rest, regroup and consider where he went wrong at Chelsea, let him gain some perspective on things and come back stronger. If he were to arrive at Old Traffird tommorow, he'd be straight back into the bunker and likely to take the club down the same road he's recently taken Chelsea.

A great manager without a doubt,but seems to have lost the run of himself of late, and overdue a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

We just lost, At home, to Fecking Norwich.

We haven't won for 6 games. We have had something like 7 shots on target in our last 4 home games.

Our football is terrible. We have reached the point where people are not even surprised anymore.

So I come onto the UTd thread to listen to others views on the team/manager and club and where we can go from here.

INstead we got a back and forth about which posters has better links to a foreign team, owned by foreigners, managed by foreigners, teamed with foreigners, sponsored by foreigners and whose fan bases as majority foreigners.

Jebus wept.

Giggs out of his seat today. Not something seen too much if at all under Van Gaal. Interesting to know did he do it off his own bat

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

All we need to do now is lose to Stoke and Chelsea and we will have new management...

RobertKK wrote: »
    All we need to do now is lose to Stoke and Chelsea and we will have new management...

Chopping and changing all the time might not be a good thing either.

What happens if the next guy is a failure after a year? Sack him too?

Mourinhio won't bring entertaining football which has been a big criticism of Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Great stuff cheers for the PM so I could get in an thank you quickly.

Vang Hal in.

b57e05400240b4edde2d011c52055fa0.gif

RobertKK wrote: »

Get Mourinho in charge for the Chelsea game, interesting!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

zerks wrote: »
    Didn't take long for the thread to be destroyed,45 minutes after the final whistle must be nearing a record.

yeah people that do that are terrible at posting really arent they.

Mourinho becomes free the day utd lose to norwich in OT. F**k it, Id say go for him. Its been a freaky enough season, I think he could do the business there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Such a vague post.

Ed Woodward for eg managed to get a kit deal with addidas worth 750 million

Why on earth should he go?
    I imagine he is referring to transfer dealings.

The adoration and praise Woodward gets for doing possibly the easiest paid job in football- getting major sponsorship deals for manchester utd -is mind boggling. Yes I'm sure the man works hard at his job (who doesn't?) but you'd swear he was pioneering cancer research breakthroughs if you were to listen to some fans concerning every deal he signs with companies only too happy to align themselves with the Utd brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Vaan-Gaaal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Adds to what? The Premier League is suffering and you can see that when the PL teams are in Europe. Competition is good up to a point, but the balance has been tipped. It's good for the league in the short term but in the long term that well of money will begin to dry up as the international appeal of the PL teams drops in favour of the Spanish Clubs and Bayern Munich. The league are going to lose the 4th CL spot in the next few years too.

Also, the product on the field is terrible. So many crap teams playing poorly.

I doubt it will happen, English clubs are too big commercially to lose. Asian and north American markets don't really care about Italian or German football excluding Bayern.

Also this year 3 teams made it through and 2 of those teams topped their group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I doubt it will happen, English clubs are too big commercially to lose. Asian and north American markets don't really care about Italian or German football excluding Bayern.

Also this year 3 teams made it through and 2 of those teams topped their group.

Ya i agree, Uefa will just bend the rules some way so 4 english teams quailfy. Its all about money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Tee hee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

monkey9 wrote: »
    Vaan-Gaaal.jpg

126077_54_news_hub_117915_656x500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

126077_54_news_hub_117915_656x500.jpg

:D:D:D Ah feck it, we're as sh!t as each other lads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement