Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had 100 euro to spend on yourself, what would you buy/ do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'd book myself into a cheap hotel or guesthouse far from home but close to a scenic spot for two days of photography all by myself. No kids duty for 2 whole days !

Are you the lady I met an Inch beach early this year who was doing exactly that? lol!

I would see use it toward a new chair for my bedroom. I watch most of my tv in my room and need a more comfortable chair.

Nice idea.. I got a lovely comfy chair from Vincent de paul for a tenner... The cat loves it...

I'm afraid that pretty much every last person who is actually sleeping rough in Ireland is an addict of some description. Those who are homeless but are not addicts generally have the wherewithal to get into emergency accommodation.

Sad truth but the hostels do a sterling work with them. My family work in Canada with the homeless and their wisdom is never ever give them money as it will go on drugs. Candy is grand as addicts need the sugar ...and warm clothing etc. The best in the hard winters they have there is a bale of hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sad truth but the hostels do a sterling work with them. My family work in Canada with the homeless and their wisdom is never ever give them money as it will go on drugs. Candy is grand as addicts need the sugar ...and warm clothing etc. The best in the hard winters they have there is a bale of hay.

So now you're admitting that my light hearted comment is, in fact, the reality. Words fail indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I'd probably buy 100 scratchcards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Get 1/20 of a dental implant.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have a check from the national lottery to lodge into my account, it is €125 from matching 4 numbers in the Euromillions, 3 away from €116 million.
    So 100 euro will keep me playing the lottery...I want more than €125, it is not what dreams are made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Graces7 wrote: »
    Are you the lady I met an Inch beach early this year who was doing exactly that? lol!

No ! But I really really reaaaaally wish I were ! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Funnily enough, I recently received an unexpected €110 refund, and am wondering what to do with it. I'm probably going to save it, but did consider donating €100 to Wikipedia.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I recently received an unexpected €110 refund, and am wondering what to do with it. I'm probably going to save it, but did consider donating €100 to Wikipedia.

Jaysus, they only want 2 quid off ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I'm afraid that pretty much every last person who is actually sleeping rough in Ireland is an addict of some description. Those who are homeless but are not addicts generally have the wherewithal to get into emergency accommodation.

Yes, into emergency accommodation with drug addicts sleeping beside them and banging up. This is the main reason why folk decide to sleep on the street in a safe area because the area inside this accommodation is not that safe at all.

So now you're admitting that my light hearted comment is, in fact, the reality. Words fail indeed.

Street life is not to be light hearted about my friend so I had no idea you were?? joking?? Yes most are addicts. And get help if we help them with dignity and caring.

Yes, into emergency accommodation with drug addicts sleeping beside them and banging up. This is the main reason why folk decide to sleep on the street in a safe area because the area inside this accommodation is not that safe at all.

I know. Canada is way ahead in that they have places for addicts and places that are safe from addicts. It needs someone very very strong in charge also. It can be done and is done in many countries and needs doing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Wow this thread took a dark turn... while I play away with me board games. Ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Screw wikipedia, go to Dunnes or Pennys & buy a load of hats gloves & socks. Walk around the city giving them to genuine cases discretely. You'll feel a whole lot better for it for a whole lot longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I'd get my bass amp repaired. If I had enough left over I'd get a bottle of Tanqueray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've thought about this for some time. I'm never without spare cash and would often have 100 or more on me, but I struggle to think what I'd buy for myself if I really had to. I'm hard to buy for at the best of times, as I seem to have all my needs and live very simply really.

If my life depended on spending 100 on myself tomorrow I'd probably just buy a jacket or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I've thought about this for some time. I'm never without spare cash and would often have 100 or more on me, but I struggle to think what I'd buy for myself if I really had to. I'm hard to buy for at the best of times, as I seem to have all my needs and live very simply really.

If my life depended on spending 100 on myself tomorrow I'd probably just buy a jacket or something like that.
    You could buy yourself one of these :P

I'm almost always without spare cash.

Did I mention that you look lovely today? And your eyes... just wow.

That doing anything for ya?

I'm almost always without spare cash.

Did I mention that you look lovely today? And your eyes... just wow.

That doing anything for ya?

I'd be more likely to just give you the cash if you were honest. I'm long past that old plamausing. ;)

• Advertisement

You could buy yourself one of these :P

I actually have one very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

New tablet for myself in the January sales

I'd be more likely to just give you the cash if you were honest. I'm long past that old plamausing. ;)

You have very average eyes. In fact, I can't really tell an average pair of eyes from an above average pair.

PM sent with bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DexysGrl

Not much you can do with €100... new clothes I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Buy lots of chocolate and get fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Change the title to what would you do with 100 bitcoins buy women ,drugs and guns plus a Holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

100 euro?
    In order right now.
    1. Facial
    2. Full body massage
    3. Haircut

I'm good for everything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I don't know, maybe perfume. I haven't picked my own perfume for years because someone always buys me some so I always have loads, all ones I like of course.

Next thing though I have in mind on my "plan of stuff to get that I don't really need" is a really nicely fitted pair of jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Buy a nice bottle of Whiskey and some ice......

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/redbreast-15-year-old-single-pot-still

• Advertisement

I absolutely love perfume. Now not just any perfume, fancy shmancy high end stuff that I can rarely afford. Soir De Lune by Sisley is an olfactory wonder! That's what's I'd spend a hundred quid on. Or you know, if anyone wants to purchase for me, I can PM them my details :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

A new hair dryer, mine is fecked. I could do with some new jewellery and cardigans, also need a new pair of boots and a jacket though, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

100 euro?
    In order right now.
    1. Facial
    2. Full body massage
    3. Haircut

I'm good for everything else

I'll give you one of them for free if you like :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Use it to pay something off my credit card bill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I had a 15€-off-if-you-spend-100€ hypermarket voucher, valid today only, so I went shopping.

After two hours wandering up and down the aisles, I'd managed to get the bill to about 85, which included my NY's champagne and a new kettle. (Yet another) SD card that I don't really need but might come in handy took it to just over 90, and I just about made the rest up with ice cream.

But if I could get one of my wish-list camera lenses in the sales for 100, that's how I'd treat myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm not normally indulgent when it comes to myself and would be more of a giver than a taker but once a year I have lunch with my siblings to celebrate our late parents (today is my fathers 4th anniversary). We go to a really nice restaurant and have a lovely (and very boozey) lunch. We did that today at a cost of over €100 each. It's a bit like the MasterCard thing - priceless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm lucky that there is often little I want, and if I do want it I can afford it.

For Christmas this year, my OH asked what I wanted and I literally couldn't think of anything.

Same with a work bonus where we got a one4all card for 500 euro, so far I've spent it on Christmas stuff for him and his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

How about SSF right here? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057524252

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I had a spare few quid tonight....
    Brought my 2 youngest sons to watch the new Star Wars.... €30 tickets, €35 snacks, €25 go-go juice for the car.
    Even the little treats are silly money these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I had a spare few quid tonight....
    Brought my 2 youngest sons to watch the new Star Wars.... €30 tickets, €35 snacks, €25 go-go juice for the car.
    Even the little treats are silly money these days.

I'm often thankful I don't have kids.

When I was a kid, my family were relatively poor, and for the likes of first communions and confirmations, we'd go for a meal out, or a trip to a shopping centre and be bought a special toy.

These days, that seems prohibitive, even going for a coffee, scone and juice with one adult and two kids would be twenty quid in a lot of places around Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I'd buy 100 €1 tuggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I absolutely love perfume. Now not just any perfume, fancy shmancy high end stuff that I can rarely afford. Soir De Lune by Sisley is an olfactory wonder! That's what's I'd spend a hundred quid on. Or you know, if anyone wants to purchase for me, I can PM them my details :p

I wouldnt be able to get the one I like with €100(Its €200 for the bloody 50ml :eek:)
    http://www.theloop.ie/content/images/thumbs/0053861_tom_ford_neroli_portofino_edp_spray_private_blend_100ml.jpeg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hot towel shave, haircut, shoulder massage, fillet steak from the local craft butcher, bottle of Of Foam And Fury, and whatever's left over on Butlers chocolates. Now that'd be a nice way to spend the day.

An File wrote: »
    Hot towel shave, haircut, shoulder massage, fillet steak from the local craft butcher, bottle of Of Foam And Fury, and whatever's left over on Butlers chocolates. Now that'd be a nice way to spend the day.

See if I was asked what I'd spend a spare 100e on the oh on it would be like that.

Recently got up early, brought him breakfast in bed, then he shot off out for a rock massage, foot and head massage, and then we went for a nice dinner

GIve him 100e and he'd die before knowing what to do with it for me. I'm just a fussy bugger who has most if not all that they want.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Stheno wrote: »
    GIve him 100e and he'd die before knowing what to do with it for me. I'm just a fussy bugger who has most if not all that they want.

I'd say I'd be safe enough, knowing my girlfriend's favourite wine and flowers! :D Afternoon tea somewhere nice first. Something with her favourite animal on it. Petrol money for going for a walk somewhere scenic.
    I should bookmark this post for planning the next anniversary. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd buy me a new watch. A nice kinetic one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭BenedrylPete

Now I'm no millionaire, but Jesus. Times are bad if you cant gather up €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'd buy me a new watch. A nice kinetic one.

Serious question... Can you get a decent watch for €100?

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm often thankful I don't have kids.

When I was a kid, my family were relatively poor, and for the likes of first communions and confirmations, we'd go for a meal out, or a trip to a shopping centre and be bought a special toy.

These days, that seems prohibitive, even going for a coffee, scone and juice with one adult and two kids would be twenty quid in a lot of places around Dublin.

OUCH! I take a thermos and sandwich when I am out for the day...Or get the three sausage rolls for a euro at the garage...

Serious question... Can you get a decent watch for €100?

They got watches for E8 in Tesco;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement