Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

32A 7.2 kW chargepoint installed

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah, hadn't picked up the DC charge piece of the puzzle, even if I get a 3.3kWh Leaf I may as well get cabling and 6.6kWh charger for future use as the incremental cost is not that much.

So I looked up ESB charge points near me...

a. Type-2 AC Socket 7kW - two of them
    b. Type-2 AC Socket 22kW - six of them
    c. Fast AC (Type-2) 43kW - one of them
    d. CHAdeMO DC 44kW - one of them

So a. above would be pretty much the equivalent of a domestic 6.6kWh unit.

b. and c. would be faster and as they are AC less "degrading" on the battery

d. would be the fastest and more "degrading" on the battery

Yes/No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

A yes

B Your 6.6 Kw Leaf can still only take 6.6kw from a 22 kw charger

C Fast AC is for Renault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

slave1 wrote: »
    So I looked up ESB charge points near me...

a. Type-2 AC Socket 7kW - two of them
    b. Type-2 AC Socket 22kW - six of them
    c. Fast AC (Type-2) 43kW - one of them
    d. CHAdeMO DC 44kW - one of them

So a. above would be pretty much the equivalent of a domestic 6.6kWh unit.

b. and c. would be faster and as they are AC less "degrading" on the battery

d. would be the fastest and more "degrading" on the battery

What ei9go said.

The only significant reason DC rapid charging can impact pack longevity is it heating up the pack. And on the packs post-Mk1 (2011 - 2013) the impact of regular rapid charging is negligible to the point of Taxis doing multiple rapid charges per day just barely seeing an impact.

All you need to avoid on a Leaf is rapid charging a pack that's already hot due to ambient conditions or not having had enough time to cool down.

Thanks guys, another query cleared up

• Advertisement

I have a query very relevant to the 16amp versus 32/40amp (forgive me if that is not 'electrically' correct).

I'm on a Leaf Hunt at the moment and just working out in my head access to the main board, route to a suitable charge point location and of course a question for me is what grade of charger.

Assume I buy a 6.6kWh capable Leaf.

Assume I install a 6.6kWh home charger.

My question is...

I understand that too many rapid charges may lead to battery degradation, so is it fair to say a 6.6kWh could lead to higher degradation issues relative to a 3.3kWh charger.
    Perhaps this is a stupid question but my plan is to own our Leaf long term so it's long term battery health that I'm interested in. Charging will likely be 95%+ on Night Rate so whether it takes 7hrs to charge or 3.5hrs to charge at home is largely irrelevant. So if there are degradation issues with a 6.6kWh, I'll simply get a 3.3kWh charger.

TIA

The current Gen Leaf battery is extremely robust, fast charge away but charge less from 7 temp bars from then I'd calm down on the fast charging. If's an infrequent occurrence then the very odd hot battery shouldn't cause much of a problem.

Nissan are very conservative with the power going to the battery on the fast charger, it charges at about 30-35 KW from 50% which is about half that of the Ioniq but then again perhaps it was a wise decision for those who are addicted to fast charging. The 30 Kwh Leaf will charge about 40-45 Kw all the way until about 80%, it gets warmer but no evidence yet about longevity.

Current Gen Leafs can pass 150,000 "MILES" and still have all capacity bars, but obviously there'll be some loss but compared to the original battery it's amazing.

Compare this to a lad at work with a 2012 and 60,000 Kms or about 40,000 miles has lost the first capacity bar, Nissan made an astonishing improvement in just a few years. Gen I leafs used a lot can see 70,000 miles before loosing the first bar.

At almost 60,000 kms my leaf 151 reg is showing 100% capacity as the day I got it, however when it sits for a few days the reported capacity will drop but this happened from day one also so I'm not worried about it.

So I would not be too concerned about fast charging a Leaf in an Irish climate , once you reach 7 temp bars I would not continue to fast charge unless you need to but I wouldn't be too concerned if it's not a frequent occurrence .

Charging at 6 Kw all the time will have no impact V 3 Kw. If you can get a 6.6 Kw do because it won't cost more 2nd hand , the 6.6 is highly practical and remember that Fast chargers can be in use when you get to them and will get busier because there are no more fast chargers being installed the last year and for the foreseeable future.

There are times you won't avoid fast charging but there are many times you can drive 100-110 kms to somewhere and plug in at an AC point and then between 2-3.5 hrs have plenty of charge to get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Holy majoley Mad_Lad that's a savage amount of mileage. it's more than DOUBLE mine, and we got the car around the same time. 12700km per year is the average... you're more than double the average mileage for any type of car, petrol, diesel etc.
    No wonder you need the faster charger! Average users like myself wouldn't be doing anywhere near that (which is the more likely reason dealers don't put them in as standard)

pwurple wrote: »
    Holy majoley Mad_Lad that's a savage amount of mileage. it's more than DOUBLE mine, and we got the car around the same time. 12700km per year is the average... you're more than double the average mileage for any type of car, petrol, diesel etc.
    No wonder you need the faster charger! Average users like myself wouldn't be doing anywhere near that (which is the more likely reason dealers don't put them in as standard)

There are people driving more than me but yes it is a bit on the high side and I'm just barely under my PCP contract allowance, though if I go over a few K isn't going to matter much.

I've saved a lot of petrol or diesel which means savings go back towards the PCP, saving on maintenance and motor tax too.

What's sadder is that that's mainly work mileage. :(

I work 14 days a month on Shift too which means I'd have a good bit more if working normal 8 hr days.

I'd say if it's cost me 600 Euro with work charging and public charger usage that's about the most I've paid V maybe 4000 in the Prius which was a miser on fuel.

Another stupid question, the type 1/type 2 cable, will it handle both 3.3kWh and 6.6kWh charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Another stupid question, the type 1/type 2 cable, will it handle both 3.3kWh and 6.6kWh charges?

A 32A rated cable will support both. A 16A rated cable will limit you to 3.6kW with a 6.6kW charger equipped car and a 7.2kW chargepoint. It's the lowest common denominator of the charger in your car, the cable and the chargepoint.

Note:
    kWh = measurement of energy
    kW = measurement of power

e.g. 10kW charger, would provide 5kWh of energy in 30 minutes (10kWh of energy in an hour). An 80kW motor running at full whack for an hour would use 80kWh, and running at 10% load would use 8kWh/hour.

• Advertisement

Grand, good thing I asked so, honestly, there should just be standard kit and be done with the options, level the production runs and bring overall lower costs to the consumer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

BoatMad wrote: »
    I think the whole point of all this is to inform people that there really isn't an issue installing a 32 amp charge point and they can have one if they are willing to install it themselves. 32 amp charging is very convenient and I am installing it soon.

I'm charging right now after being out this morning, I am hoping it's charged by the time I need to go back out again, charging at 6.6 Kw means I would be able to charge to 90-95%% in about half the time.

I agree,

Just finished the design of my own EVSE. once tests are complete ( using a simulator/tester  and then my actual car in March ) I'll publish the design , like I promised. EVSEs are quite straight forward.

The big advantage of mine is , unlike using crude load priority switching , it implements load "sharing." , as the house loads rises , towards a preset limit. The evse commands the Leaf charger to take less power.  So , for example , when you use the power shower , the leaf throttles back as required to the minimum 6 A charge rate , so charging is never interrupted.

I'm just modifying a esp8266 wifi module , to connect it to my wifi lan

Not to digress again into plumbing. But with night rate , I'm now switching to mains pressure , high thermal eficiency storage , with imersions , hot water system and dumping my instant showers, so infact leaf charging at 28A will be unlikely to be disrupted
    Probably wildly diverging from the topic of the thread, but...how did you get on with this project?
    Did you manage to implement load shedding over protocol rather than by crudely knocking off all power to the EV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

@Rafal thanks for starting and curating this thread; I've learnt a lot from it. For me, it could be 2yr or more before I replace a 9y old Astra; hopefully it will be with an EV and I'm now much more aware of the options around charging.

Another important thing to realise was that not all charge points can be used by all EVs; that makes me less enthusiastic about the move to EV and adds another thing to the research list. Very grateful to learn it all the same.

Everything still going great with the Leaf all this time later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

edanto wrote: »
    @Rafal thanks for starting and curating this thread; I've learnt a lot from it. For me, it could be 2yr or more before I replace a 9y old Astra; hopefully it will be with an EV and I'm now much more aware of the options around charging.

Another important thing to realise was that not all charge points can be used by all EVs; that makes me less enthusiastic about the move to EV and adds another thing to the research list. Very grateful to learn it all the same.

51,000 km on 1 year old leaf 30 kWh , great car.

You're getting around BoatMad,

Did you lease ?

You're getting around BoatMad,

Did you lease ?

PCP , but I'll more then likely trade out after two years , there a few sweet spots to get a lease balance , and trade up

Mine is financed by close brothers who had a very competitive rate , but it has no walk away option ( which never would have made sense for us anyway ) so in that regard is more like a conventional ballon lease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

edanto wrote: »

Edanto, thanks for saying the nice words, I am glad this post has helped you and some others. Yes, the Leaf if now over a year old and it is, by far, the best car that I have ever owned. 100% reliable, so far, and the quality of the ride, which I realise is subjectively personal, feels much superior to that of the i3 and of the eGolf, but not as luxurious as that of a Tesla. The car still smells fresh, no vague scent of petrochemicals seeping in, seats are firm and comfy, and it looks good both inside and out. First minor scratches have started to appear on the outside, especially front bonnet. I wish the paint was more resistant, but that is no different from the Prius we had before, but sadly it is not better as I have hoped for. Overall, I wish it was more sound-proofed inside, as the road noise in an otherwise very quiet car is a new phenomenon to me, and one that I would like to reduce. However, when driving at full speed on the newer roadways, like the new stretches of M11 approaching Gorey from the north, and towards Wexford, the silence of that tarmac is just amazing! With the softish Leaf suspension, which I like a lot, it feels like coasting in a yacht, not like driving a car. Still, the acceleration of the Leaf, while not that of the i3, surprises me and still makes me grin, when needed. :)

I cannot think of ever going back to petrol, not unless EVs became unavailable. I am also sure that I have selected the right car for my family and I.

One year on, I can say that home charging using my 32A post comes in useful perhaps once a month, when a quick top-up is helpful, but to be honest, I now think of it as a very desirable luxury option without which we could have managed, had we only had the option of 16A for some reason—but I am very glad to have afforded it. I have never experienced any electrical supply issues or contention with other house needs because of it, either.

On the other hand, having the 6.6 kW charger in the Leaf, which enables us to use street-side 32A posts, is useful several times a week. They are abundant in Dublin and in Co Wicklow, and almost always supply the 28A that this Leaf can take. This means that I now am quite relaxed about watching battery levels, because pretty much every trip that includes an hour's stop somewhere gives me the 30% top-up that you get in this car in an hour on a 32A post—this is a huge benefit, and I am sure MadLad would second that. :) The smaller, 3.3kW charger, would only get about 15% in an hour, which just happens to be half of what I would have needed. I suppose it all depends on your trip lengths and stop durations, but for us this has been an extremely important feature. Overall, this ability to rely on 32A posts in case I needed one means longer journey planning is easy. We often drive from Bray to Belfast, or back, with only one charge stop along the route, in Castlebellingham. Bear in mind, this is a 30 kWh Leaf, as that would not be possible in a 24 kWh one. Still, one year ago, we were more cautious, taking a second charge along that route.

Variety of cabling and charging systems is a nuisance, but we accept it as a price of being earlyish adopters. However, I cannot stress how pleasant it is to have a tethered cable, so that I do not have to faff with things when I plug in at night, especially in the rain. I would have hated having to plug the other end of a Type 2 cable, especially if I had to take it out of the boot etc. If you value comfort and convenience, go for the tethered option. You can always change the car end of that cable if you needed to switch from Type 1 (Leaf) to Type 2 (i3 etc) in the future. On the other hand, we have used the granny cable fewer than 12 times in the year, but we like to bring it on longer, or more remote trips for the peace of mind. It was useful, even though we could have planned that trip without it, when staying in a B&B in the Burren. It also seems to have blown the B&B fuses on both mornings we stayed there. :|

Having taken our Leaf to Edinburgh and back, and having circumnavigated the whole island of Ireland, including remote parts of Donegal, I have never yet been anything but amazed by how easy it all has been. Yes, it requires a little bit of planning, but we find that to be an enjoyable part of this new era in motoring.

I am a happy EV driver, and a pleased Leaf owner, one year on.

Rafal wrote: »
    Edanto, thanks for saying the nice words, I am glad this post has helped you and some others. Yes, the Leaf if now over a year old and it is, by far, the best car that I have ever owned. 100% reliable, so far, and the quality of the ride, which I realise is subjectively personal, feels much superior to that of the i3 and of the eGolf, but not as luxurious as that of a Tesla. The car still smells fresh, no vague scent of petrochemicals seeping in, seats are firm and comfy, and it looks good both inside and out. First minor scratches have started to appear on the outside, especially front bonnet. I wish the paint was more resistant, but that is no different from the Prius we had before, but sadly it is not better as I have hoped for. Overall, I wish it was more sound-proofed inside, as the road noise in an otherwise very quiet car is a new phenomenon to me, and one that I would like to reduce. However, when driving at full speed on the newer roadways, like the new stretches of M11 approaching Gorey from the north, and towards Wexford, the silence of that tarmac is just amazing! With the softish Leaf suspension, which I like a lot, it feels like coasting in a yacht, not like driving a car. Still, the acceleration of the Leaf, while not that of the i3, surprises me and still makes me grin, when needed. :)

I cannot think of ever going back to petrol, not unless EVs became unavailable. I am also sure that I have selected the right car for my family and I.

One year on, I can say that home charging using my 32A post comes in useful perhaps once a month, when a quick top-up is helpful, but to be honest, I now think of it as a very desirable luxury option without which we could have managed, had we only had the option of 16A for some reason—but I am very glad to have afforded it. I have never experienced any electrical supply issues or contention with other house needs because of it, either.

On the other hand, having the 6.6 kW charger in the Leaf, which enables us to use street-side 32A posts, is useful several times a week. They are abundant in Dublin and in Co Wicklow, and almost always supply the 28A that this Leaf can take. This means that I now am quite relaxed about watching battery levels, because pretty much every trip that includes an hour's stop somewhere gives me the 30% top-up that you get in this car in an hour on a 32A post—this is a huge benefit, and I am sure MadLad would second that. :) The smaller, 3.3kW charger, would only get about 15% in an hour, which just happens to be half of what I would have needed. I suppose it all depends on your trip lengths and stop durations, but for us this has been an extremely important feature. Overall, this ability to rely on 32A posts in case I needed one means longer journey planning is easy. We often drive from Bray to Belfast, or back, with only one charge stop along the route, in Castlebellingham. Bear in mind, this is a 30 kWh Leaf, as that would not be possible in a 24 kWh one. Still, one year ago, we were more cautious, taking a second charge along that route.

Variety of cabling and charging systems is a nuisance, but we accept it as a price of being earlyish adopters. However, I cannot stress how pleasant it is to have a tethered cable, so that I do not have to faff with things when I plug in at night, especially in the rain. I would have hated having to plug the other end of a Type 2 cable, especially if I had to take it out of the boot etc. If you value comfort and convenience, go for the tethered option. You can always change the car end of that cable if you needed to switch from Type 1 (Leaf) to Type 2 (i3 etc) in the future. On the other hand, we have used the granny cable fewer than 12 times in the year, but we like to bring it on longer, or more remote trips for the peace of mind. It was useful, even though we could have planned that trip without it, when staying in a B&B in the Burren. It also seems to have blown the B&B fuses on both mornings we stayed there. :|

Having taken our Leaf to Edinburgh and back, and having circumnavigated the whole island of Ireland, including remote parts of Donegal, I have never yet been anything but amazed by how easy it all has been. Yes, it requires a little bit of planning, but we find that to be an enjoyable part of this new era in motoring.

I am a happy EV driver, and a pleased Leaf owner, one year on.

Rafals comments are a mirror on my own

I throughly agree the 6k6 kW charger is very useful , coupled with a 32A domestic evse , we have zero issues with that supply domestically , we don't even have a Flickr of lights when the car kicks in ( I suspect it has inrush control )

The 6k6 kW charger is great both domestically as our charge finishes in three hours , which is great as several times we charge again at home in day hours , simply because we need the car again that evening. We never freebie charge at our local FCP.

We use the granny cable every workday because an outdoor 13A plug is what's provided at work. While the car can technically do the round trip it gives great piece of mind and means also that when the car comes hone and I have to take it , it has usable km left.

The main disadvantage of the leaf is that it has to be driven very conceratively to extract good range ,typically at sub 100 kmph values. And even so extracting 150 km range is quite a challenge , personally assuming you want to have circa 20% left , it tends to deliver about 130km usable range ( mines the 30 kWh )

Even at that we have 51,000 km up after 1 year , which is the largest non business mileage we have ever done.

We actually need to use the diesel a bit more as it's sits forelormly in the drive and gets used just for the run to the shops for milk sort of thing

Completely reliable , not a fault in first 12months ( funny talking to two iconiq owners , both have had issues )

I think a conpetively priced leaf with about 250 of usable Km at 100 kmph would be the EV that would perpetually meet all out future demands. Hopefully by the end of the lease in 2019 , that will be the case. I see no requirement for greater range in a basic car. As I would prefer instead to see more variety of car rather then a simple quest to fill it with batteries.

Ps if you , like us are very frequent domestic chargers , a tetheted connection is an enormous boon, ( and a solar light over the EVSE ! ) especially in winter , no rummaging around in the boot for the type 2 cable ( and untangling it from the granny cable) , no coiling wet type 2 cables to put it in the boot

Note to cros, zero chafing after 12 month daily use

I would always encourage people to get the most range they can affords because it will mean less dependence on the public network. The public charging infrastructure is at least a year behind and likely to be out of date for some time to come. The CCS network is lacking also and any new electrics are likely to have CCS so there's an even greater need to reduce dependence on the network.

However, I think only the Leaf still offers the 3.3 Kw charger as standard, and most new electrics have 7 Kw with the exception of the Updated I3 with 11 Kw on their larger Kwh battery.

We have a very good AC network and I use this more than fast chargers when taking a longer trip, I have the 6.6 Kw charger and even though I don't need it every day or week I'm mighty glad every time it saves me having to wait at a fast charger because the 24 Kwh is not so fast charging at a fast charger.

I too will be getting a tethered charge point when I change the Leaf hopefully for 2018, I would have one now only the Leaf needs a type I plug and most if not all electrics now have type II and I don't want to buy another when I change the leaf.

Anyway, I too have had a good experience with the Leaf, no issues not even a bulb blown over 2 years 2 months but I do wish it had more range and/or much faster charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,743 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Really want a standard EV to cover 300km. This is the Cork-Dublin run with some to spare.
    This would allow most areas in the country reach the capital city without having to stop or a small top up of 30 mins at most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

300km at 120km/h or more needs a 50-60kWh battery and very good aerodynamics (<0.25). The Tesla Model 3 will have both. The new Leaf will have neither...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

unkel wrote: »
    300km at 120km/h or more needs a 50-60kWh battery and very good aerodynamics (<0.25). The Tesla Model 3 will have both. The new Leaf will have neither...

You really dislike the Leaf or is it just a bit of Ioniq snobbery! :)

I thought an earlier post(from cros13 I think) about Leaf II "confirmed" that it would have an EPA of 330km which would satisfy the "drive Cork-Dublin with some to spare" requirement.

And on the aerodynamics... Nissan will have to address that. The Leaf was designed 10 years ago, the Ioniq came out a few months ago... so you can understand how the Ioniq beats it. I'd be amazed if Nissan dont improve on the aerodynamics. They simply have to or the billions they've poured in will be lost and I cant see them doing that.

So, I wouldnt write off the Leaf hitting both those targets, or at least close to it. However, the 60kWh version wont be <€30k.

KCross wrote: »

I thought an earlier post(from cros13 I think) about Leaf II "confirmed" that it would have an EPA of 330km which would satisfy the "drive Cork-Dublin with some to spare" requirement.

And on the aerodynamics... Nissan will have to address that. The Leaf was designed 10 years ago, the Ioniq came out a few months ago... so you can understand how the Ioniq beats it. I'd be amazed if Nissan dont improve on the aerodynamics. They simply have to or the billions they've poured in will be lost and I cant see them doing that.

So, I wouldnt write off the Leaf hitting both those targets, or at least close to it. However, the 60kWh version wont be <€30k.

I dont think that Nissan will release a 60 Kwh version until the price point is maintainable. Nothing kills sales as a car that ends up outside its price point. Nissan does not have the brand kudos of BMW , or even VW, despite being as reliable ( in fact BMWs ICE can be notoriously problematic ) . Hence Nissan have to ensure that the price point is maintained

I suspect this is the primary reason driving the release of the 2018 model with a nominal 40 kWh ( the actually battery may be 44hWh) Nissan doesnt want to move to far from the price point

A Leaf style czr, retailing at 45K before subsidies simply isn't going to sell , irrespective of the battery size in my opinion

I dont think that Nissan will release a 60 Kwh version until the price point is maintainable. Nothing kills sales as a car that ends up outside its price point. Nissan does not have the brand kudos of BMW , or even VW, despite being as reliable ( in fact BMWs ICE can be notoriously problematic ) . Hence Nissan have to ensure that the price point is maintained

I suspect this is the primary reason driving the release of the 2018 model with a nominal 40 kWh ( the actually battery may be 44hWh) Nissan doesnt want to move to far from the price point

A Leaf style czr, retailing at 45K before subsidies simply isn't going to sell , irrespective of the battery size in my opinion

You are probably right. They are not competing with Model 3 or BMW.

Must find cros13's post where I thought he said the Leaf II would have an EPA range of 330km with somewhere between a 45-50kWh battery.

So, in your 40kWh usable scenario(44kWh onboard) maybe they will hit 300km with efficiency improvements?

You are probably right. They are not competing with Model 3 or BMW.

Must find cros13's post where I thought he said the Leaf II would have an EPA range of 330km with somewhere between a 45-50kWh battery.

So, in your 40kWh usable scenario(44kWh onboard) maybe they will hit 300km with efficiency improvements?

My understanding is that with the NEDC , they may be able to claim 400Km !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nope, seriously considered buying a Leaf last year :)

I'm glad I didn't as for only a few grand more than the cheapest 24kWh Leaf, I'm now getting the Ioniq, which is by far the better car
    And on the aerodynamics... Nissan will have to address that. The Leaf was designed 10 years ago, the Ioniq came out a few months ago... so you can understand how the Ioniq beats it.

Nah, I'm not buying that. There were cars in the 1930s that had better aerodynamics than the Ioniq. Nissan obviously underestimated the impact of aerodynamics on range, particularly on real life range when the car is driven on motorways, and maybe they still do. Tesla never made that mistake (the 2012 Model S has a coefficient of drag of 0.24), and neither did Hyundai (Ioniq also has 0.24)

unkel wrote: »
    Nah, I'm not buying that. There were cars in the 1930s that had better aerodynamics than the Ioniq. Nissan obviously underestimated the impact of aerodynamics on range, particularly on real life range when the car is driven on motorways, and maybe they still do. Tesla never made that mistake (the 2012 Model S has a coefficient of drag of 0.24), and neither did Hyundai (Ioniq also has 0.24)

Fair enough but my general point is that Nissan will have to address it in Leaf II or else they are truly going to be left behind.

You said Leaf II wont have very good aerodynamics... I think its more likely they will have very good aerodynamics than not. Its just a guess based on market realities and the IDS concept car which is supposed to be the basis for their upcoming cars.

Fair enough but my general point is that Nissan will have to address it in Leaf II or else they are truly going to be left behind.

You said Leaf II wont have very good aerodynamics... I think its more likely they will have very good aerodynamics than not. Its just a guess based on market realities and the IDS concept car which is supposed to be the basis for their upcoming cars.

Nissan will have dismantled the Iconiq too its nuts and bolts

whether its too late depends,

I dont think Nissan is aiming at state of the art EVs

Nissan will have dismantled the Iconiq too its nuts and bolts

whether its too late depends,

I dont think Nissan is aiming at state of the art EVs

You do know its an Ioniq, not Iconiq!? All your posts use Iconiq! :)

• Advertisement

You do know its an Ioniq, not Iconiq!? All your posts use Iconiq! :)

Apple refuses to let me type ioniq unless I try several times to tell it other wise

( try getting contactor passed Apple)

Advertisement