Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnessed something horrific in work today...

Options
  • 19-12-2015 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Post deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

caille wrote: »
    I am really shocked and really upset about something I witnessed today.

Coffee and chit chat was going on and an incident was referred to that had happened to someone (mentioned by that person), who wasn't sure who was involved, nothing serious, nothing to do with work itself and more funny than anything else. Or so I assumed.

This got around and suddenly I heard people saying who the hell did that, we have to find out who did, ok, own up etc etc .

This went on and on for some time (and was obviously let go on as well) as if this group were waiting for someone to crack and admit they did said incident. It only ended because actual work had to be done.

I haven't been happy in this office for a long time now, the atmosphere has been getting worse and worse and what happened today was a new low. I don't know what to do. There are no transfers going on so I couldn't move out of it anyway. There are a group of people there who are allowed do what they want (supported by management) and I feel nearly ill with trying to cope with it.

I would say to trust your instincts. If you can't change what is happening, you have to get out of there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Umm. It seems that something happened of which no-one knows what happened because everyone was drinking coffee ?

Umm. It seems that something happened of which no-one knows what happened because everyone was drinking coffee ?

Seems more like nothing happened tbh

I sure as hell woke up on the twilight-zone part of the bed this evening from my siesta.

If something makes sense tonight and tomorrow morning I will recapitulate the workings of the human mind.

Point No.1... never speak too fast because it can come out in water droplets and damage the paint-work. Slow and thoughtful exchanges in language is the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Horrific thread title.

• Advertisement

Hey OP... You are grand, but explain the situation in a relaxed state. Take your time to express the situation.

Your post was a bit confusing at first but try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I am so confused.

Sounds like, I don't know, a bit of mindless chit-chat or gossip or office banter?

Maybe if you give more detail, it'll be clear why what happened was so "horrific".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Maybe if you give more detail, it'll be clear why what happened was so "horrific".

It was too horrific, you couldn't handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

Hi OP here, I was trying not to reveal too many details and as a result, the post made no sense at all, I will leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kingrulzuk

Hi OP here, I was trying not to reveal too many details and as a result, the post made no sense at all, I will leave it.

Ops just relax and if you really don’t like your work place you know what to do.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

did it involve a very large cucumber & lubricant????:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    did it involve a very large cucumber & lubricant????:)

It was a butternut squash and I did it.

Advertisement