Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - Reinstallation Help

Options
  • 19-12-2015 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a HKC alarm installed 3 years ago. As far as i can make out its a sw 1070. However, we recently got all bar 1 of the windows and an external door in the house changed.

The contacts were taken off etc. To top it off the alarm itself has been reset to default. I have been reading the manuals online.

I can copy the wiring from the existing magnetic contact point for the contact points so i have added 3 contact points back into the wiring. I also have 4 motion sensors that were never removed.

I have been into the engineer menu and looked to add zones etc. I am looking for advice on how do i actually register the points back to the system or create zones and map them to the sensors. I also have sensors / things i cant make any sense of what they are. Or if someone can point me to instructions.

The actual internal wiring was never touched just the contacts removed.

I have tried contacting the installer for the last 4-5 months and he keeps fobbing me off. I had a guy come today to give a quote (he reset the system) and he was looking for 400+ to setup the system for me. It was only 600 to get it installed first day along with the wiring etc.

Attached are some images of what i actually have, Any help r redirection to somewhere is appreciated.
    Attached are some images of what i have.

I presume the large mass of wires over my front door is for the EOL wiring.

The image with the working wires is the exisiing magnetic contact sensor i have copied.

I think the small things are also magnetic contacts even though they only seem to have 2 wires, they might have been wired as a pair in the old windows which had two openings on top.

Or if anyone can reccomend someone in cork to have a loo it would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Red/Yellows & Red/Blacks on the pre wired contacts anr the pairs you use.They are the equivalent to the silver terminals on standard contacts.
    Re the cables coming out of the wall, you would need to trace them back at the panel to see what colours to use for what.
    I will PM you a good installer in your area.

Advertisement