Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 365

• 19-12-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi

Currently have a sbs. 2003 server with 10 email address. I'm using SMTP email not pop. I'd like to move my email to office 365 and have all the email in the cloud. I'm ok with starting out with no email in the cloud and export the old email to PST for reference.

Is it just a case of getting my existing MX records point to the office 365??

And setting up the required email users in the cloud??

Thanks

Comments

Pretty much. Add and verify your internet domain first. Set up the users and mailboxes in 365, change the MX and then add the CNAME records (SPF is optional but recommended).

365 gives you a list of the records to add or change but here they are for reference, using example.com, change as appropriate:

MX: example-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
    CNAME: autodiscover.example.com to autodiscover.outlook.com
    CNAME: msoid.example.com to clientconfig.microsoftonline-p.net
    TXT: v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

Thanks do you know can I get a trial of Office 365 exchange email ??

Stephen

You can sign up to a trial of Business Premium on http://www.office.com. That gives you Exchange Online and the Office 2016 desktop applications.

Advertisement