Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro-Liner.eu - Dodgy???

Options
  • 19-12-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hoping someone here can help...I ordered a gaming PC from pro-liner.eu a few weeks back for my son for Christmas. They had a shop on Adverts which is where I found them. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings or feedback on them. I haven't been able to make contact with them since I've paid for my order and now I'm in a bit of a panic!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Oh dear,did you use paypal using goods and services method?
    If so start a dispute with them.

Never heard of them and 22 ads withdrawn and none sold doesn't sound good to me.
    Fire an email off to adverts support to let them know whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

game4it70 wrote: »
    Oh dear,did you use paypal using goods and services method?
    If so start a dispute with them.

Never heard of them and 22 ads withdrawn and none sold doesn't sound good to me.
    Fire an email off to adverts support to let them know whats going on.

I just done a dummy order on their site and looks like they only accept bank transfer, even though they show credit card icons etc. Hope I'm wrong but looks like scam unfortunately for OP

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

I paid by bank transfer...by my own stupid choice. They did offer PayPal but it would've been more expensive as I would've had to pay the PayPal fees also. I have been onto my bank to see what they can do but I reckon it'll be unlikely that they can resolve it. I'm more mad at myself as I'm not normally so bloody naive...please don't judge me lol! I will report them on adverts as you said. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Miss Nell wrote: »
    I paid by bank transfer...by my own stupid choice. They did offer PayPal but it would've been more expensive as I would've had to pay the PayPal fees also. I have been onto my bank to see what they can do but I reckon it'll be unlikely that they can resolve it. I'm more mad at myself as I'm not normally so bloody naive...please don't judge me lol! I will report them on adverts as you said. Thank you!

That's shocking. I really feel bad for you. Don't be too hard on yourself. You got really unlucky.

I often sell PC's on adverts and have done some Christmas present builds and have been scared of not having them ready on time. How anybody can do that to someone I don't know.

I usually take deposits by paypal or bank transfer and have wondered how long before people start getting stung by assholes on the bank transfers.

I noticed that same seller, Omar, who was trading under the name e-designer, on there already selling things at too good to be true prices. I figured he was registering a business, buying items without the VAT, and then not paying the VAT so they make a big profit and make it hard for any legitimate sellers.

You should find out who those business names are registered to and see if you can track this guy though. I figured he was an immigrant who was looking to make as much money as he could trading in a couple of years before he left the country. Maybe his final act was to sting everyone this Christmas and take all of the money.

He should be in prison at this stage.

I wish you the best in resolving this. I'll see if I can fish up any more information on this Omar guy.

sugarman wrote: »
    It looks to be the same crowd behind e-designer, another shop on adverts that also had a physical shop in Tallaght, Dublin this time last year.

They were only open for a short time before making off with a lot of peoples money. They had a lot of xmas builds they didnt deliver, and people didnt get exactly what they paid for either.

See the adverts comments on his withdrawn adds for more info.

Feel for you OP.

This guy needs to be tracked down. He's obviously fled to Northern Ireland to continue his racket outside of Irish jurisdiction.

• Advertisement

Yeah it looks like he's ripped off a lot of people. God knows for how much money.

Here are some of the comments.
    peety87 8 months ago
    I'm in the same situation with Edesginer, bought a PC worth 1400e and still to this day have not received my money back and have no PC. Omar started trading by a new adverts name - http://www.adverts.ie/member/1335000 then I caught him and he withdrew all his adds. He is also buying products off other people on that adverts name even though he said he had no money to pay people back...

I am now letting the bank deal with my chargeback query but could take weeks.
    dillon.murray3 8 months ago
    @peety87: I know the feeling, I was scammed off a computer just 6 months ago, and Im in the process of getting him arrested since the idiot gave me all his details, and the irony is I bought this computer of edesigner in december for peace of mind!, its just disgusting what some people can do, especially around the christmas time when some of those computers would be christmas presents. for me I was an idiot and paid through paypal as "personal payment" so Im not protected... up to a court to reward me anything now. Hope everything works out for all of you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

His back details on that pro-liner site are a NatWest account so looks like he's in the UK now. Is there anything the guards or UK police could do? I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to find others he's screwed over which would help. Unless he's gone bankrupt or his business has been then surely this is a case of fraud.

His back details on that pro-liner site are a NatWest account so looks like he's in the UK now. Is there anything the guards or UK police could do? I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to find others he's screwed over which would help. Unless he's gone bankrupt or his business has been then surely this is a case of fraud.

That current shop was operating out of Belfast until recently. He's probably still there.

He hasn't gone bankrupt. His business was completely illegitimate from the get go. I called it when I first seen his ads under the e-designer name. He was clearly not paying VAT on his stock or sales initially, but was still shipping PC's until he decided to go full crook and rip off his customers as well as the exchequer.

Looking at his store page he was online today on it. Could the admins of Advert's get an ip address for his account?

I'd say he easily owes upwards of 50-100k by now between VAT and people he has ripped off.

Definitely a criminal case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Crazy how people can operate that way. Hopefully he gets what's coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

That's really terrible. Is there an address on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Hope he gets his comeuppance, if I was the op I'd be getting the Gardai involved. Still can't believe how many people willing pay large amounts by bank transfer though, to any company.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

I'm going to call to my local Garda station in the morning and see if they can do anything for me. It'll be worth a try anyway I suppose. Thanks for all of the advice so far...appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

By all means, repot it to the guards but they will do nothing about your money. They will look to see if there's a criminal case and proscute if so but you will never be compensated from that route.

You need to write everything down immediately with dates and times and bring it to a solicitor. Report it to your bank and also his bank, also report it to adverts. Get written proof of all of the above.

It's a civil matter, you and your solicitor will have to sue them for your money back.

Hope it works out for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Shít. Omar is his name?

He ran a shop in Clonmel, where a fellow boards member got him to repair her PC.
    He put in some dodgy old hardware, and kept her good hardware.

She posted here about it, and I went over, as I lived locally.

Eventually, got him to return her hardware with threat of calling the Gardai.

His shop closed shortly after and he moved somewhere else.
    After looking into it, turns out he's done this many times and moved around the country doing it.

He's a very aggressive person. If anyone finds him or has future dealings with him, I'd strongly suggest calling the Gardai / Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 seblex

Ok here's an update to this.

Miss Neil - Dont feel stupid. Scum like this have many years practice at being the dregs of society and it is all they are good at.
    I work in the IT industry (Network Engineer) - I was asked to help a family member for christmas. Long story short i ended up ordering from this scum bag. I requested a paypal invoice though (Just got my money back today).

I ordered the PC. Kept asking for a tracking number. "It will be there Friday" "It will come direct from shipping company" "It will be sent next week". I did some investigation and found this guy to be dodgy. When i started asking questions he pulled all adds from adverts.

He operated as E-designer and now pro-liner. The website is registered in Poland and there is a Nicholas D. there as well I think.
    He said that his address was in belfast. When i checked it out i seen it was a Regus address. Regus do virtual office space among other things. I did some work for them previously. I rang them and they never heard of them.
    I told them that this company were using there address and that they said customers could go there to collect their PC also if needed. I told them they need to notify the police. As this could cause a lot of hassle for them.

I contacted paypal and they have marked his account as fraud and froze it so he cannot use it.

This guy is an absolute scumbag and by the sounds of it ruined a lot of people's Christmases. Unfortunately for Omar, Nicholas - It has only just begun for them. I will find all their details and post them publicly here for all to see/Contact/Visit :)

Happy Christmas all and may karma bight this fvcker hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 affreds

Same Thing happened to me if its any consolation...have reported it as an online fraud in Northern Ireland, found an address for Omar in Ballymena. Going to report it to the PSNI also.

Advertisement