Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch on new years day

• 19-12-2015 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is home from the UK over Xmas, staying with family in Cork, but coming to Limerick on NYE and we're meeting for lunch on new years day.
    Just wondering if many places are actually open? I had thought about Tuscany initially, but their website says they're closed.
    Does anyone know if Peony Court is open?

Anywhere else nice for lunch? We'll both eat pretty much anything though not too keen on Japanese.

Comments

A friend of mine is home from the UK over Xmas, staying with family in Cork, but coming to Limerick on NYE and we're meeting for lunch on new years day.
    Just wondering if many places are actually open? I had thought about Tuscany initially, but their website says they're closed.
    Does anyone know if Peony Court is open?

Anywhere else nice for lunch? We'll both eat pretty much anything though not too keen on Japanese.

When I lived in Ballinacurra our family had dinner in the Peony every Christmas eve without fail so I can't see why they wouldn't be open NYE.

Edit: Apologies. I just noticed you meant New years day. No harm in ringing them to make sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

How about any of the restaurants in some the hotels, eg hamptons in the savoy or De Vincenzo's in the George, the bar in the clarion does quite good food as well. I dunno about the strand or the absoloute hotel but I reckon you have a few different options via those routes.

Advertisement