Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy external drive

Options
  • 19-12-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have most of my stuff on an external drive attached to my one but I have a second drive that I want to copy everything over to.
    there is a second one coming into the house so I want to have the second drive set up for this too and don't want to have to install everything again if I can get away with it.
    Anyone ever done this?

Tip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tippex wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have most of my stuff on an external drive attached to my one but I have a second drive that I want to copy everything over to.
    there is a second one coming into the house so I want to have the second drive set up for this too and don't want to have to install everything again if I can get away with it.
    Anyone ever done this?

Tip

That should work no problem like.

Just plug both HDD's into any XB1, and copy (not move) each game from current HDD to new HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Correct this is a supported scenario. BTW XBox One loading times are faster via USB 3 since the internal connection (SATA-2) has slower bandwidth, So always use the external drive as the default and get as large (2TB) one as possible. the games will only play if either you use the same profile on each box (that purchased the games) or you have the physical disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That should work no problem like.

Just plug both HDD's into any XB1, and copy (not move) each game from current HDD to new HDD.

Meant to post back. Yep this worked a treat the penny dropped with the young fella christmas morning after he opened his one and then I gave him the hard drive :)

Thx Misky

Advertisement