Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible to lodge a cheque from a north american bank to my boi current account?

Options
  • 19-12-2015 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hello

Is it possible to bring along a cheque in us dollars from a north american bank and lodge it into my own boi account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning 5rtytry56,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

You can certainly lodge a foreign cheque in your name to your Bank of Ireland account. The cheque will need to be lodged at the counter, so please bring photo ID with you on the day. Also please be mindful that as the cheque will need to be sent to the issuing bank for clearing purposes and it can take up to 8 weeks for the credit to be available on your account.

For a list of our branches, their opening hours and services available please see the following link https://goo.gl/OLYLSp

We hope this helps and if you need any further information, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

I've lodged a few USD checks just as poster above has described, no issues at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Turned out photo ID was'nt neccessary. All good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Great to hear 5rtytry56,

Thanks for letting us know and Happy New Year.

Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement