Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over time I cannot do.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mulbot

davo10 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll make this as simple as I can. Op is rostered to work and the manager probably can do this as per op's contract. A previous poster said it is bad management if manager can not arrange for someone else to work but if op has tried and failed to find someone who can cover it then the likelihood is that the manager also was unable to find an alternative. Your point being that the manager should be able to make someone else work it but if no one else can, then it is back to the person who was originally rostered, the op.

Well if the contract for all employees says about being flexible for overtime,then why can this manager not roster someone else in for that time,if sufficient notice is given?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

mulbot wrote: »
    Well if the contract for all employees says about being flexible for overtime,then why can this manager not roster someone else in for that time,if sufficient notice is given?

Perhaps the others may have worked overtime other days and cannot work this day, perhaps the op is the newest employee and overtime/leave dates are organised taking length of service into account, perhaps others are on leave that day, who knows? I think I may need to make it simpler, my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mulbot

davo10 wrote: »
    Perhaps the others may have worked overtime other days and cannot work this day, perhaps the op is the newest employee and overtime/leave dates are organised taking length of service into account, perhaps others are on leave that day, who knows? I think I may need to make it simpler, my apologies.

Perhaps perhaps- I'm sure most companies have a big enough flexible workforce to rearrange a shift. They gave enough notice of not being available and were still rostered,bad management would be to try force that.

Advertisement