Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SENSOR WIRING HELP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JABKELL

I'm using Black, red , yellow and blue wires.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there loops at some of the sensors and contacts. Ie 2reds 2 blacks etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there loops at some of the sensors and contacts. Ie 2reds 2 blacks etc

Yes ,there is two reds and two blacks at some sensors.

Excuse the rough drawing. But this should do it. Taking Red/Black as the zone & Blue/Yellow as the tamper.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I try this tomorrow.

KOOLKID, would i be right in there's no resistors needed on this line/zone ?
    I'm not bothered about the tamper on the sensors, so does tha eliminate the blue and yellow wires ?
    Is no.1 at the shock part of the sensor or the other end ? or does it matter if I wire into 1+2 or 5+6 ?
    I was thinking it would come from the panel into 1+2 of the first sensor then from 5+6 into 1+2 of the next and so on ?

I'm presuming no resistors.
    If you are leaving the tamper out that pair will have to be closed off at the first device or in the panel.
    You can count the sensor numbers from either end it doesn't matter
    The connections on those sensors are as follows:
    1 & 6 Contact (reed) or spare
    2 & 5 Shock Sensor
    3 & 4 Tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LugsB

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm presuming no resistors.
    If you are leaving the tamper out that pair will have to be closed off at the first device or in the panel.
    You can count the sensor numbers from either end it doesn't matter
    The connections on those sensors are as follows:
    1 & 6 Contact (reed) or spare
    2 & 5 Shock Sensor
    3 & 4 Tamper.

Hi Koolkid - Would you know how to go about wiring HKC shock sensors to a Honeywell Accenta G4 panel?

I have wired up (with 6 core) door contacts, 3 x PIRs, external sounder, and control panel. All are wired correctly and functioning as desired on a walk test.

There are some HKC sensors that I would like to connect, and they have terminals for alarm and sensor. The reed/spare is for the magnet, but I am wondering if these can be connected to a standard Accenta G4 panel? Or do you know if I need an 'Analyser board' for the Accenta G4 so the HKC inertia sensors can function with contact and shock features?

I read here that I need that add-on board? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72127829

Yes, I don't think the zone inputs on that panel are analysed.

• Advertisement

Yes, I don't think the zone inputs on that panel are analysed.

Hi - I don't suppose you'd know what I would need to order?!

There are a few different analyer boards that would do. You could try REW I know they were getting somesome type in for the Risco systems.

There are a few different analyer boards that would do. You could try REW I know they were getting somesome type in forfor the Risco systems.

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

Excuse the rough drawing. But this should do it. Taking Red/Black as the zone & Blue/Yellow as the tamper.

Hi Koolkid - Could I ask you how you would wire two HKC shock sensors in one zone please?

I am using blue/white for zone and green/yellow for tamper. They are going into an Accenta G4 panel which can't handle the inertia/shock signals without an analyser board, so am just using the contacts on them.

Any chance you could draw up a diagram like this one please?!

Here you go.

379686.jpg

Here you go.

379686.jpg

Thank you very much, you are a gentleman!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 comerboy

Hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me on connections for hkc inertia sensor with reed switch. I have 5 of them in series. Also do I need to connect them in as a single eol or dual eol or non eol. The panel is a hkc1070. Thanks in advance.

Hi you could use the diagram above to wire them non EOL would be the easiest.
    Just swap the colours for the pairs you are using for alarm & tamper circuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 comerboy

Thanks what's the purpose of resistors? I can kinda figure out 1 or 2 sensors but when I add in 5 it confuses me completely 🙈

The resistors are used so a short in the middle of a loop would be detected and would not prevent devices from working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

comerboy wrote: »
    Thanks what's the purpose of resistors? I can kinda figure out 1 or 2 sensors but when I add in 5 it confuses me completely 🙈

Lots of diagrams in this thread that will help.

Advertisement