Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda collections around Christmas

Options
  • 19-12-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Any word on Panda bin collections over the next couple of weeks. The online calendar says that the collection will take place on the 25th but I doubt that's true.

Anyone have an idea what's happening?

Thanks,
    Cian

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cian59 wrote: »
    Any word on Panda bin collections over the next couple of weeks. The online calendar says that the collection will take place on the 25th but I doubt that's true.

Anyone have an idea what's happening?

Thanks,
    Cian
    Calendar for next year (which was delivered a couple of weeks ago) included this holiday period. Our collections are normally on Friday, but will be on the next 2 Saturdays (ie put back a day)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yep:
    Collections on the Sat 26th December and Sat 2nd January.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Black and green bin was due for collection yesterday but only black was collected.. Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

All our green bins were collected. Didn't out out the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

All our green bins were collected. Didn't out out the black.

Where are you based in NCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

d-redser wrote: »
    Where are you based in NCD?

I am in Balbriggan and our green was collected about 9:30am. Didn't put black out but neighbours did and they seemed to be collected

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Between Balrothery & Skerries.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've seen a number of weeks when they were only due to collect from the green bins but have emptied black ones also. No set pattern and we (along with the neighbours) only put the green ones out yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I thought the black bins were collected weekly and brown and green on alternate weeks

koutoubia wrote: »
    I thought the black bins were collected weekly and brown and green on alternate weeks
    Black bins are 3 weeks out of 4 where we are (or supposed to be anyway). The official cycle is:

Black/Brown
    Black/Green
    Black/Brown
    Green
    Black/Brown
    Black/Green
    etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Beasty wrote: »
    Black bins are 3 weeks out of 4 where we are (or supposed to be anyway). The official cycle is:

Black/Brown
    Black/Green
    Black/Brown
    Green
    Black/Brown
    Black/Green
    etc.

That's the way it used to be I think as the calendar I got online for my account has the black bin every week with the green/brown alternating.

http://www.panda.ie/assets/docs/pdf/F_FRI_1A.pdf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ours is the black bin every week and the other two alternating.

sgarvan wrote: »
    That's the way it used to be I think as the calendar I got online for my account has the black bin every week with the green/brown alternating.

http://www.panda.ie/assets/docs/pdf/F_FRI_1A.pdf
    We have a different calendar for Friday collections - headed "Fingal Rural 2015/16"

No black bins one week every four, except for some reason January when we will have it collected every Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

So, say your green bin was pretty much full before xmas, and everything the kids got was in massive cardboard boxes, and you may have had a few beers over the last 2 weeks and you missed the green bin collection on the 26th, apart from hiring a skip, how would I get rid of all the recycling that is currently filling my back garden?

PaulD77 wrote: »
    So, say your green bin was pretty much full before xmas, and everything the kids got was in massive cardboard boxes, and you may have had a few beers over the last 2 weeks and you missed the green bin collection on the 26th, apart from hiring a skip, how would I get rid of all the recycling that is currently filling my back garden?
    We've already had a couple of trips down to the Estuary Recycling centre. Filled some large cardboard boxes with cardboard, put all the plastic bottles together, had a few bags of XMas wrapping paper and one or two more bags where we could simply empty them into the relevant skips once we got there (rather than trying to sort stuff out at the centre).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Beasty wrote: »
    We've already had a couple of trips down to the Estuary Recycling centre. Filled some large cardboard boxes with cardboard, put all the plastic bottles together, had a few bags of XMas wrapping paper and one or two more bags where we could simply empty them into the relevant skips once we got there (rather than trying to sort stuff out at the centre).

Same here. We do it every year in the days after Christmas. It's a pity more people don't do it because it's black/green bin day here today, and all the extra paper and cardboard waste that was placed beside already-full green bins is now blowing around the roads :mad:

Advertisement