Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - slow signing in

Options
  • 19-12-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have had my Xbox One set to instant on for the last while, and at first it was great, made a huge difference to start up times. But lately when I start up the console its spends a long time on a screen saying "signing you in".

The xbox has a wired internet connection and the speeds are solidly in the 70s for downloads, I haven't changed any settings.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Faker74 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Have had my Xbox One set to instant on for the last while, and at first it was great, made a huge difference to start up times. But lately when I start up the console its spends a long time on a screen saying "signing you in".

The xbox has a wired internet connection and the speeds are solidly in the 70s for downloads, I haven't changed any settings.

Any thoughts?

I am getting this now, are you resolved. I heard that they was DOS attack on live a few days ago so it might be something to do with this

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I am getting this now, are you resolved. I heard that they was DOS attack on live a few days ago so it might be something to do with this

I'm getting the "signing you in" screen on boot up, so before it reaches the Xbox dashboard. Which may mean it is not XBOX Live related.

Anyway, I turned off instant on. Signed out of my account. Restarted the xbox, then turned instant on back on. This seems to have worked, but have seen elsewhere online that other people have done this only for the issue to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Try a hard reset to see if that helps.

Hold the power button for ten seconds while the system is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Have started getting this too with Instant On mode.

It used to boot straight to the dash, now there is a Signing In circle on screen for a few seconds before the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think the hard reset worked for me also, I will keep an eye on it though. A hard reset should always be your first port of call.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
Advertisement