Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 tripping out

Options
  • 19-12-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I got work done in the house last year and we got two Triton 9.5w T90s fitted. The builder charged an extra €250 to fit a special fuse board.

I think it was a B40 RCBO. He also installed two pull cords, one for each shower.

We know never to use the showers at the same time.

The showers are now tripping the fuse when in use but are also tripping the fuse even when we are not using the shower. I've heard the fuse trip off in the early hours of the morning when there is nobody awake.

The builder who fitted them originally is not responding to calls or texts so I can't see him coming back to help.

Is it just a case of getting an electrician out to figure out what's going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

j14 wrote:
    Is it just a case of getting an electrician out to figure out what's going on.

You'll need a Registered Electrical Contractor. Sounds like the priority board / RCBO is faulty. Sounds like the showers are not causing the problem at all.

Advertisement