Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corny keg question.

Options
  • 19-12-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Looking at up scaling a bit from bottles to kegs.
    Let's say I have a setup with 2 feet of pipe from the keg to tap.
    I pull a pint on Friday evening and don't have another till the following Friday.
    Is the beer in the line spoiled? Should it be drawn off and tipped away before the next pint is pulled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

jamesbil wrote: »
    I pull a pint on Friday evening and don't have another till the following Friday.
    Is the beer in the line spoiled? Should it be drawn off and tipped away before the next pint is pulled?

I haven't noticed any bad tastes and i've been kegging over a year. There's no oxygen getting to the beer in the line so it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'd usually draw off about 1/3 a pint if the beer has been left for any length of time in the lines. If you have a tap tower with a line chiller in the tower, it helps a lot as the beer would stay chilled while sitting in the lines.
    I always disconnect the taps as well and run a bit of hot water through them if I know I wont touch the beer for a while (~ a week or more).

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Thanks guys.
    There will be no chillers.
    Have you tried any of this type?
    http://www.geterbrewed.ie/chromed-beer-tap-adaptor-for-quick-disconnect/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Thanks guys.
    There will be no chillers.
    Have you tried any of this type?
    http://www.geterbrewed.ie/chromed-beer-tap-adaptor-for-quick-disconnect/

You'd get alot of foam with a tap like that (plus it seems very expensive).
    I have one of the picnic taps like this (though with a shorter beer line)...
    IMG_8681.jpg

I sometimes use to draw off a sample before I decide to tap a keg properly, you get alot of foam though because of the short beer line. You'd be better off buying a liquid disconnect, some beer line, a tap with flow control and a pair of hose clamps - prob cost the same or less than that tap above. That way you can connect it up similar to the tap you linked above but you'd have the option in the future to build something more substantial. Alot of people convert fridges into kegerators - you could go that route if you wanted then. Bit more flexible.

Advertisement