Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will band 3 suffice? ZUK Z1

Options
  • 20-12-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there, Im looking to buy the zuk z1 for gf. She is on meteor. From what I have seen it appears that the only band that meteor supports is band 3. From what I have read band 3 (1800) is good for urban areas and not so good in rural and that is why you want band 20 (800) as well. Is this correct. Would only having band 3 work okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

richy wrote: »
    Would only having band 3 work okay?

According to meteor forums they use 800 and 1800 for 4g and the 800 band works better in rural areas.
    For future proofing I'd go for a phone that supports as many of the bands as possible, namely 900 and 2100 for 3g and 800 and 1800 for 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

cheers for the reply ten pin. Would it work now though? Its for my gf and she goes through phones pretty quickly so wouldnt be worried too much about future proofing it

Would it work now though?

All the bands in my other post are in use now. There's a meteor forum on bards who can confirm that, just to be sure.

There"s a site willmyphonework.net that let's you check any phone for network compatibility.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    All the bands in my other post are in use now. There's a meteor forum on bards who can confirm that, just to be sure.

There"s a site willmyphonework.net that let's you check any phone for network compatibility.

I checked that website previous to my post and it says its compatible. 3 wlll work but 20 wont. Was wondering if just 3 is enough

I checked that website previous to my post and it says its compatible. 3 wlll work but 20 wont. Was wondering if just 3 is enough

Have you got the phone yet?

You don't need both bands but if the band the phone doesn't have is the one meteor use in your location then coverage will be poor / useless.

Only way to find out is turn on phone with meteor sim in it.

That said if you're in an urban area you should be OK.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Have you got the phone yet?

You don't need both bands but if the band the phone doesn't have is the one meteor use in your location then coverage will be poor / useless.

Only way to find out is turn on phone with meteor sim in it.

That said if you're in an urban area you should be OK.

Have not got it yet but have ordered it. If worse comes to worse can change network anyway. Cheers

Advertisement