Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watford fc v Liverpool fc 1.30 PM

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:mad::mad::mad:

Woeful performance Lallana is so overrated.

Top 4 will be an impossible task for Liverpool :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm not saying it will happen, only that it's not impossible. Liverpool have exercised muscle in the transfer market over the plast few seasons, thirty million on firmimho, how much would Hummels cost? Similar? Also reuniting with his old manager? Not impossible. Reus I don't think will happen, as one of the big Spanish clubs would be interested but really Liverpool could afford him if they offload benteke. Again his old manager might be a draw for him. It's not impossible. I'm not saying anything controversial or inflammatory here, I think you're being a little sensitive and maybe showing an inferiority complex.

Hummels is the most possible one as he isn't getting a game regularly I believe recently. Reus is very unlikely, and Neuer/Courtois is about 1000/1 to happen anytime soon, which is the source of my scorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

5starpool wrote: »
    Hummels is the most possible one as he isn't getting a game regularly I believe recently. Reus is very unlikely, and Neuer/Courtois is about 1000/1 to happen anytime soon, which is the source of my scorn.

Fair enough regarding neuer there's probably no need for him to ever leave but again you never know.
    Don't forget Leicester were 1000/1 to be top at Christmas and here we are!
    Liverpool have shown the financial will and ability to compete at the level of all clubs below the artificially inflated ones like Chelsea city and psg. They could pay a star or two the 150k etc. Maybe not like United paying Rooney but they've got insane commercial deals which facilitate that.

Mick said some top level players are needed and I'd agree, but they can be obtained. A more coherent transfer strategy needs to be put in place though and why not throw the weight around and try to get the very best?
    They went and hired the best manager they could, they can do the same with players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Sakhred cow seems to be losing a few followers.

Gegen pressing turns to Gegen depressing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fair enough regarding neuer there's probably no need for him to ever leave but again you never know.
    Don't forget Leicester were 1000/1 to be top at Christmas and here we are!
    Liverpool have shown the financial will and ability to compete at the level of all clubs below the artificially inflated ones like Chelsea city and psg. They could pay a star or two the 150k etc. Maybe not like United paying Rooney but they've got insane commercial deals which facilitate that.

Mick said some top level players are needed and I'd agree, but they can be obtained. A more coherent transfer strategy needs to be put in place though and why not throw the weight around and try to get the very best?
    They went and hired the best manager they could, they can do the same with players.

It's not that we RE club that doesn't have money available, but we can't pay absolute top level wages like Utd, City, Chelsea, Madrid/Barca, especially when not in the CL, plus we are a less attractive proposition than those others due to not being in CL or being close to winning stuff.

Any of the expensive players we have bought were not really sought by the richer/more recently successful clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well done Watford, showed great character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You know things are bad when utd fans can take the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

niallo27 wrote: »
    You know things are bad when utd fans can take the piss.

That doesn't work when you're looking up the table at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Thats my point, things are bad when utd fans are able to take the piss as they are ahead in the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

niallo27 wrote: »
    Thats my point, things are bad when utd fans are able to take the piss as they are ahead in the table.

Is that not simply the norm?

• Advertisement

True Fred.

2 of them are useless tbh.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    True Fred.

2 of them are useless tbh.

I can't argue with that my German cyborg friend. I was just showing Niall the error of his ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

5starpool wrote: »
    Also, I'm glad to see that Mick has recovered his thanking abilities after yesterday's setback.

The juvenile pettiness of Liverpool fans never ceases to surprise me, you poor thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Didn't realise United had beaten Liverpool today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

SantryRed wrote: »
    Didn't realise United had beaten Liverpool today.

Yes,they did. And Liverpool beat them yesterday...swings and roundabouts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The juvenile pettiness of Liverpool fans never ceases to surprise me, you poor thing

LOL

Yep...it's just those dastardly Liverpool fans :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Well done Watford, showed great character
    zerks wrote: »
    Gegen pressing turns to Gegen depressing.
    The Sakhred cow seems to be losing a few followers.
    Ahhh yeah he's got his work cut out for him there alright.
    I've a Liverpool supporting friends who reckons Reus and Hummels are likely to join. As for a gk they could do worse than looking at courtois from Chelsea or Neuer from Munich.
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Watford now 4 points ahead of Liverpool, fantastic stuff
    Canadel wrote: »
    Liverpool 9th at Christmas, Klopp probably planning an open top bus parade..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Yes,they did. And Liverpool beat them yesterday...swings and roundabouts...

The laughable thing is that Liverpool and United fans distinguish themselves in here according to their Premiership allegiance as if that makes them two completely different and distinct groups of people. Truth is, generally speaking, they've both got more in common than they think. They just happen, by chance more than anything, to support different clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Working all day, too busy to check the scores even etc, great result for Watford!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Awful squad to be fair, Coutinho the only good player and for every great game he has 5 Sunday league standard games

Klopp needs about 10 new players

• Advertisement

Awful squad to be fair, Coutinho the only good player and for every great game he has 5 Sunday league standard games

Klopp needs about 10 new players

Spot on as usual

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What has this got to do with the match?

good to see you are concerned about the discussion of the actual match. why then do you thank posts that have nothing to do with the match? Oh thats right, all the bannings. Now that you cant post trolly stuff, you just thank the others that do. Have a word with yourself.

We played with Ibe, Coutinho, Benteke, Origi, Lallana and Firmino today. Thats 6 of our attacking players who didnt do a damn thing all game. Closed down far too easily and werent able to make any space for themselves or others. Good way to beat Liverpool? Get an early goal and repeatedly give away corners. We cant do anything from them, just a joke tbh. A lot needs to change imo, at least 1 centre back, probably 2. Not sure what to do about the attack, we are so flat and so narrow at times its depressing.

monkey9 wrote: »
    LOL

lol

I don't understand, why was the point of this? Do you think that it's not petty when Liverpool fans act petty and juvenile because other fans do it as well? Are you 9?

How is it petty to say that Sakho is losing that irreproachable status among fans that give him a pass because he can play a bit of ball?
    I think he has some great qualities but way too prone to silly mistakes.

lol

I don't understand, why was the point of this? Do you think that it's not petty when Liverpool fans act petty and juvenile because other fans do it as well? Are you 9?

I never said that,did I? You implied it was just Liverpool fans that were being petty and I showed that it wasn't...it's very easy to understand or are you 8?

How is it petty to say that Sakho is losing that irreproachable status among fans that give him a pass because he can play a bit of ball?
    I think he has some great qualities but way too prone to silly mistakes.

Hadn't meant to include your quote in that. Put it in and meant to take it back out but forgot. Apologies.

I never said that,did I? You implied it was just Liverpool fans that were being petty and I showed that it wasn't...it's very easy to understand or are you 8?

those are the important words there, I didn't say it, it is your interpretation of what I said. Why don't people understand that telling other people what they're actually thinking (wrongly) makes them look moronic!

I said "The juvenile pettiness of Liverpool fans never ceases to surprise me, you poor thing", this is what is called a subjective opinion of a certain set of individuals without mentioning any other group. Where do other fans come into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think this thread should be forgotten - arguably worse than the game itself!

Great win for Watford, on to the next one for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LOLOLOLOLLLLLL

• Advertisement
Advertisement