Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watford fc v Liverpool fc 1.30 PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3-1 watford for the win it was
    Crazy considering they were above us in table and won 5 of last 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

TrueIt wrote: »
    Enjoy it while it lasts Watford

Watford were the best team today and deserved their win. What's you beef with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ERG89 wrote: »
    Imagine what a Champions League quality team would do against Liverpool.
    Worst performance of the season this tbh.

They beat Chelsea and City comfortably who are both in the last 32 so your point is negated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

At least we're not Chelsea though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Berserker wrote: »
    Watford were the best team today and deserved their win. What's you beef with them?

yup much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on Watford we want 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Pathetic performance.

Early days in Klopps reign
    Nothing to worry about
    Klopps is learning fast

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    They beat Chelsea and City comfortably who are both in the last 32 so your point is negated.

Sure even Utd made it to the last 32, they are in the last 16 now :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

When jordan henderson is your captain that tells you all you need to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Credit to Watford though. As Liverpool fans, we'll focus on how sh!t we've been, but nothing should take away from the fact that Watford deserve this. Terrific performance by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What to do
    Sad situation

Klopp needs to spend a lot of money. Liverpool lack the quality they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Berserker wrote: »

I've none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Still only 5 points off 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Liverpool 9th at Christmas, Klopp probably planning an open top bus parade..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

mada999 wrote: »
    i seem to recall we lost 6-1 to Stoke.. so yes it was worse

As bad as that was it was the last game of the season nothing match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Oh yeah that'll keep me warm in the Thursday nights next season. If we played like this against them they'd have absolutely hammered us but then again that was the early days under Klopp now the honeymoon is over & we're back to reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭baldbear

Watford have been great fair play to them and their fans. Too many average players in this Liverpool team. Clyne our only player who has been near consistent so far this season. Danny ings is a big loss.

I can see it now "Klopps flops stung by the hornets"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

monkey9 wrote: »
    Credit to Watford though. As Liverpool fans, we'll focus on how sh!t we've been, but nothing should take away from the fact that Watford deserve this. Terrific performance by them.

There had been a recurring theme at the start of the season that every team Watford beat, they had just met them on an off day. Finally getting the credit they deserve that it's actually the way they play that causes so many teams to look poor. Ok, not today, Liverpool were beyond poor, but it's great to see the team put a top 4 contender to the sword like that.

1 point off 4th! Nuts.

• Advertisement

Full week to prepare
    We did not look prepared
    All the work undone within a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Quality celebration

CWrbXAKWcAA3dKG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well done Watford, easy.

• Excellent performance from Watford. Another team threathing for top four amazingly.
    Ighalo is a beast

Klopp already under pressure. Rodgers had the same amount of points earned in the same amount of games.

Some job to sort out that dire defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Watford now 4 points ahead of Liverpool, fantastic stuff

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Klopp had his bounce and now he's seeing the true team and its problems.

He will have to work hard with this, but there are some good players there, who can perfrorm as he has seen already but needs to make some good signings and change the attitude and mentality.
    Sorting out defence should be his priority.

I don't actually agree that Klopp had a bounce. We've had some sensational results and scorelines, but overall it's been the same old. I still feel the same as when Klopp took over, the fans are going to need to be very patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Comprehensively beaten today. I still hope Liverpool get a run going on and get into the champions league but I don't see that happening with this group of players.
    I thought Watford were very well organised when arsenal played them and they're doing very well this season. Good to see

Quality celebration

CWrbXAKWcAA3dKG.jpg

That was genuinely hilarious from Harry.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Faugheen wrote: »
    Anyone saying they need to keep Ighalo quiet only looks at stats.

Anything good that's done by Watford goes through Troy Deeney. He's the man they need to shut out.

I didn't give Igahlo enough credit here, I do think he's a great player.

However my point about Deeney stands. Everything went through him this afternoon. The less he scores the more he goes under the radar, which is good news for him and for Watford.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Well done Watford...super win!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Klopp already under pressure. Rodgers had the same amount of points earned in the same amount of games.

Rodgers got 12 points in 8 games, Klopp's got 12 in 9.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    There had been a recurring theme at the start of the season that every team Watford beat, they had just met them on an off day. Finally getting the credit they deserve that it's actually the way they play that causes so many teams to look poor. Ok, not today, Liverpool were beyond poor, but it's great to see the team put a top 4 contender to the sword like that.

1 point off 4th! Nuts.

The thing as well is, Liverpool were so so poor and weren't doing the basics well, but a lot of that is Watford making Liverpool play so poorly. It's like when we hammered Man City 4-1, they were sh!t, but we made them play sh!t.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Some people need to cop on. Klopp will have them firing soon. Need to make use of the transfer window that are better suited to his system. Too many players are not at the standard needed at Anfield.

Awful goal tongive after two minutes - Ake clearly kicks out of his hands. But fair play to Watford, deserved the win fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Excellent performance from Watford. Another team threathing for top four amazingly.
    Ighalo is a beast

No need to keep pointing it out its blatantly obvious rodgers is a better manager than klopp!

Emre Can, what does he actually do? He seems to be quite highly rated but I struggle to find reasons why.

Excellent performance from Watford. Another team threathing for top four amazingly.
    Ighalo is a beast

In what way?

Klopp isn't under pressure, if it was this time next season with results like this he might be, but he's got a grace period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• bad2dabone wrote: »
    Klopp isn't under pressure, if it was this time next season with results like this he might be, but he's got a grace period.

I mean under pressure to get rid of the deadwood in defence. Needs at least 2 top class CBs and a goalkeeper IMO. Yes he will get time but who will be available?

I mean under pressure to get rid of the deadwood in defence. Needs at least 2 top class CBs and a goalkeeper IMO. Yes he will get time but who will be available?

Ahhh yeah he's got his work cut out for him there alright.
    I've a Liverpool supporting friends who reckons Reus and Hummels are likely to join. As for a gk they could do worse than looking at courtois from Chelsea or Neuer from Munich.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Ahhh yeah he's got his work cut out for him there alright.
    I've a Liverpool supporting friends who reckons Reus and Hummels are likely to join. As for a gk they could do worse than looking at courtois from Chelsea or Neuer from Munich.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

??

??

Are you trying to suggest your post was serious? You might as well have said we should sign Messi to solve our goals problem.

Also, I'm glad to see that Mick has recovered his thanking abilities after yesterday's setback.

• 5starpool wrote: »
    Also, I'm glad to see that Mick has recovered his thanking abilities after yesterday's setback.

What has this got to do with the match?

Are you trying to suggest your post was serious? You might as well have said we should sign Messi to solve our goals problem.

I don't think messi will ever leave barca, but other things are possible. I'm sure a couple of seasons ago you might have thought Liverpool's run to the near miss title was impossible or even getting a manager like klopp was impossible yet here we are.

I don't think messi will ever leave barca, but other things are possible. I'm sure a couple of seasons ago you might have thought Liverpool's run to the near miss title was impossible or even getting a manager like klopp was impossible yet here we are.

Ok sound. I'll look forward to Reus, Hummels and Neuer playing for Liverpool next season then.

Well done Watford, excellent performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not sure if you're taking the piss or not..

Ok sound. I'll look forward to Reus, Hummels and Neuer playing for Liverpool next season then.

I'm not saying it will happen, only that it's not impossible. Liverpool have exercised muscle in the transfer market over the plast few seasons, thirty million on firmimho, how much would Hummels cost? Similar? Also reuniting with his old manager? Not impossible. Reus I don't think will happen, as one of the big Spanish clubs would be interested but really Liverpool could afford him if they offload benteke. Again his old manager might be a draw for him. It's not impossible. I'm not saying anything controversial or inflammatory here, I think you're being a little sensitive and maybe showing an inferiority complex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The Sakhred cow seems to be losing a few followers.

Advertisement