Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drummer or electronic beats person needed

• 20-12-2015 3:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭

We're a Dublin based band , Guitars Keys and Bass, with enough original material to release an album early in 2016. As well as that we want to get gigging asap.

We're looking for either a drummer or someone good enough with electronic beats to incorporate into a band situation. If we go for a drummer being able to use electronic elements is definitely a plus.

Our sound has a few areas. I'll list a few bands we like and that will give an idea of where we're at.

The National, Foals, London Grammar, The XX, Sigur Ros, Everything Everything.

Looking for someone interested in creating original music. Able to experiment with lots of sounds. More about style and textures than impressive technique.

Get back to me with some idea of what youve done before.

Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MountainFellow

I'd be interested. I'm a drummer who hass played in a number of bands over the past few years, mainly rock and pop, but I'm more interested in pursuing experimental, original music. I'm mainly a drummer, but do know quite a bit about electronics/programming/DAWs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Chrisled

Still looking for people interested in this. Drummers or maybe Ableton heads get in touch and i'll send on a demo track to give an idea of our sound .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Chrisled

Again we're looking for more people interested in this. Hopefully setting up a rehearsal / jam day this week or next.

Bands we like are the National, Sigur Ros, Interpol, London Grammar, Daughter, the XX, Everything Everything, Foals.

Here's a demo recording to give an idea of the sound.
    http://soundcloud.com/chrisledwidge/athens-reckless

Hoping to find someone ideally that can add acoustic kit and electronic elements.
    Get in touch asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CrazyAce

Hi there :)
    I am a 23 year old drummer based in South co. Dublin and have all my own gear. 10 years experience, have been in number of bands including a couple of professional wedding bands but cant say I have much knowledge in the way of electronic beats. Would love to jam some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mickcorea

Hi where are you based?

• Advertisement
Advertisement