Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making A Murderer [Netflix - Documentary Series]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

walshb wrote: »
    This is unreal...

So, watching the show where all this is presented as a big frame job is all we need to know? And accept as fact?

No chance that a frame didn’t occur? No chance that there was no evidence planting?

This nonsense belongs in the conspiracy forum..

Ok. Iv given you 4 separate occasions of the benefit of the doubt. Iv encouraged you to actually watch the show that you are speculating on.
    It beggars belief that you could be so aggressively and doggedly ignorant whilst admittedly not having seen the evidence.

I can assure you that anyone with a modicum of a brain cell would have their eyes opened by series 2.
    I'm certain your eyes will remain closed.

Please go troll somewhere else,you are boring and obviously have zero interest in the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Uncharted wrote: »
    Ok. Iv given you 4 separate occasions of the benefit of the doubt. Iv encouraged you to actually watch the show that you are speculating on.
    It beggars belief that you could be so aggressively and doggedly ignorant whilst admittedly not having seen the evidence.

I can assure you that anyone with a modicum of a brain cell would have their eyes opened by series 2.

Please go troll somewhere else,you are boring and obviously have zero interest in the case.

As I said, afraid to backtrack when he sees the new evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

This is unreal...

So, watching the show where all this is presented as a big frame job is all we need to know? And accept as fact?

No chance that a frame didn’t occur? No chance that there was no evidence planting?

But there was evidence planting. Tell me this and ill leave it be.

In season 1 on the initial arrest why when Calumet who were searching didnt find the key in the trailer and it didnt show in crime scene photos.

BUT THEN Colbourn who was ordered off the case went to the trailer NOT to search but found it at side of a locker which had been photographed.

Why did Calumet officers not find it or was it not visible in CSI photos that clearly show spot it was found.

Answer that and ill walk away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

This is unreal...

Just watch season 2, and maybe if you really want to take a skeptical stance, have a little notebook beside you.

Every time a scientific experiment or an expert refutes some piece of evidence, note on the side what it is and whether you can counter-argue on their conclusions.

For example, you could start with the fact that there was no other DNA than SA's on the key that TH was supposed to have used earlier in the afternoon to come along in her Rav4.

I guess you could maybe argue that she had disposable sterile gloves, and she only ever handled her Rav4 key with them. Maybe she had OCD or something. That could be argued, maybe that's the sort of arguments the prosecution would like to present in a counter-program on Netflix. Maybe you could argue that SA wiped the key clean with a solution for some reason. (and then rubbed it under his armpits) (sorry, sarcasm taking hold here, wipe this off the record your honour)

Or that she was a non-shedder, like the DNA woman in court (the one who contaminated the samples) argued. This shedder/non-shedder theory dates back from previous decades (and has been rubbished since), whether it applies to someone who would handle a key daily is a different matter, but yeah, that would maybe allow for space to be skeptical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Commanchie wrote: »
    But there was evidence planting. Tell me this and ill leave it be.

In season 1 on the initial arrest why when Calumet who were searching didnt find the key in the trailer and it didnt show in crime scene photos.

BUT THEN Colbourn who was ordered off the case went to the trailer NOT to search but found it at side of a locker which had been photographed.

Why did Calumet officers not find it or was it not visible in CSI photos that clearly show spot it was found.

Answer that and ill walk away

Something something sheep..

Open your eyes...

They have their men..

I haven’t watched it but I know more than you..

Mary had a little lamb..

• Advertisement

Open your eyes...

They have their men..

Mary had a little lamb..

You havent watched it but you know more then me hahahaha

Open your eyes...

They have their men..

Mary had a little lamb..

Its uncanny to how Walshb sounds right now.

Its uncanny to how Walshb sounds right now.

Hahaha ive never in my life met 2 more closed minded fools.

Hahaha ive never in my life met 2 more closed minded fools.

Eh.. I was being sarcastic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

These FACTS were all discussed in great details in series 2. Yes, FACTS.

That's great now that they are established facts he should be out in no time.
    Unfortunately, there were no pictures taken of the fire pit when they discovered the bones. There was no grid installed, and the exact layout of the bones when discovered was not recorded. The detective there collected the bones with a shovel and placed them in a box.

So a lot of information on how these bones ended up there, whether they were burned on the spot or not, was lost.

My explanation of the above question would be that someone brought over the bones from another location.

This could be the police, trying to incriminate Avery, or the killer himself, trying to achieve the same.

Or Avery Put her in the pit did you ever consider that?

Where was he anyway while this body was been planted and burned for hours? did the series show him praying in church at this exact time?

• Advertisement

Eh.. I was being sarcastic..

Sorry i thought that was WalshB replying.

Sorry i thought that was WalshB replying.

Yeah that’s the angle I was going for :pac:

That's great now that they are established facts he should be out in no time.

Or Avery Put her in the pit did you ever consider that?

Where was he anyway while this body was been planted and burned for hours? did the series show him praying in church at this exact time?

The issue is nobody can match the same time. Bobbys lied whole way through his statement.

2 men got 8 months in prison here for lying in the brian rattigan murder trial. Why didnt they follow it up with Bobby?

J
    Every time a scientific experiment or an expert refutes some piece of evidence, note on the side what it is and whether you can counter-argue on their conclusions.

For example, you could start with the fact that there was no other DNA than SA's on the key that TH was supposed to have used earlier in the afternoon to come along in her Rav4.

I guess you could maybe argue that she had disposable sterile gloves, and she only ever handled her Rav4 key with them. Maybe she had OCD or something. That could be argued, maybe that's the sort of arguments the prosecution would like to present in a counter-program on Netflix. Maybe you could argue that SA wiped the key clean with a solution for some reason. (and then rubbed it under his armpits) (sorry, sarcasm taking hold here, wipe this off the record your honour)

Or that she was a non-shedder, like the DNA woman in court (the one who contaminated the samples) argued. This shedder/non-shedder theory dates back from previous decades (and has been rubbished since), whether it applies to someone who would handle a key daily is a different matter, but yeah, that would maybe allow for space to be skeptical.

Good job you just shot down the ridiculous no DNA on the key before I had too.

And just so you know, you can pay "experts" to make any argument you want or come up with stupid experiments to try make Avery look innocent.

Like how they made a dummy to to show how TH's blood wouldn't have made the pattern inside the back door that was found. So stupid, they have to idea how the body was moved or thrown around, yet this is supposed to throw doubt on prosecution.

Blood spatter expert says "selective blood deposition". Is it possible Avery cleaned the obvious places he might have touched but missed the less obvious ones, i know crazy thought.

Nick Curran the best one, placing blood on finger and seeing if he got blood on dashboard, I won't even comment on that experiment :D

Good job you just shot down the ridiculous no DNA on the key before I had too.

And just so you know, you can pay "experts" to make any argument you want or come up with stupid experiments to try make Avery look innocent.

Like how they made a dummy to to show how TH's blood wouldn't have made the pattern inside the back door that was found. So stupid, they have to idea how the body was moved or thrown around, yet this is supposed to throw doubt on prosecution.

Blood spatter expert says "selective blood deposition". Is it possible Avery cleaned the obvious places he might have touched but missed the less obvious ones, i know crazy thought.

Nick Curran the best one, placing blood on finger and seeing if he got blood on dashboard, I won't even comment on that experiment :D

See the problem here is that all the above, including my own skeptical suggestions need to be addressed for there to be no reasonable doubt.

qED.

My explanation of the above question would be that someone brought over the bones from another location.

This could be the police, trying to incriminate Avery, or the killer himself, trying to achieve the same.

And why do you not suspect Avery? its his fire pit.

Where do you think he was while Elizabeth was been murdered, transported and put into his fire pit?

Where do you think he was while Elizabeth was been murdered, transported and put into his fire pit?

Who’s Elizabeth?

In custody. His pit was searched nothing was found he wss then in custody and 5 days later bone fragment is found.

Any reason it wasnt first time?

In custody. His pit was searched nothing was found he wss then in custody and 5 days later bone fragment is found.

Same reason the key wasn't found the first time despite that exact position being searched and photographed?

Same reason the key wasn't found the first time despite that exact position being searched and photographed?

Ahhh dont spoil it RR flip sakes

• Advertisement

Ahhh dont spoil it RR flip sakes

I would love to see those 2 posters explain the appearance of Teresas car key in that exact spot. What was the official story again? It fell out from behind a locker?

I would love to see those 2 posters explain the appearance of Teresas car key in that exact spot. What was the official story again? It fell out from behind a locker?

Yes or was in a shoe and stumbled out while Colbourn was standing supporting another agebt who was stood down from the case. Absolute tripe he should of been destroyed in the box. But hey why would he do that he was onky thr same man 21 years previous to this who filed the rape charges against SA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jeeze I cant keep up with this thread. I’m out!

Although I was thinking if Dassey accepted the plea bargain he be out in a couple of years. 2 or 3 by my calculation.

That's handy he was in custody the day she was murdered, again he should be released soon.

I thought he was the one who used a false name to sell his mother's car which she didn't want to sell, just to get Elisabeth up there.

Was the last person to see her alive, lied constantly when questioned.

Anyone got a list of all the lies Avery told the police and his changing story, would be funny to see.

On meeting Elisabeth I found
    I met her at the van to pay her while she was taking the pics (Marinette LE).

I watched her through the wondow and never spoke to her (to AC).

I took her to taken pics of a couple of cars behind the office garage (to DB).

She never showed up (his brother and RF).

I met her half way between my house and the van (2017).

Didn't he also lie about not starting any fires the week she went missing, but they had to concede lighting one on 31st?

Must be hundreds more anyone got a list?

Her name isn’t Elizabeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

That's handy he was in custody the day she was murdered, again he should be released soon.

I thought he was the one who used a false name to sell his mother's car which she didn't want to sell, just to get Elisabeth up there.

Anyone got a list of all the lies Avery told the police and his changing story, would be funny to see.

Didn't he also lie about not starting any fires the week she went missing, but they had to concede lighting one on 31st?

Who's Elizabeth??

Yes or was in a shoe and stumbled out while Colbourn was standing supporting another agebt who was stood down from the case. Absolute tripe he should of been destroyed in the box. But hey why would he do that he was onky thr same man 21 years previous to this who filed the rape charges against SA.

What's hilarious is you find that unbelievable.

Yet buy into a outlandish conspiracy of bones been planted in a fire pit, DNA been planted around a car, planted key with Avery DNA attached.

What is your crazy conspiracy anyway?

False name he used barb Janda? Barb is his sister she owned the car. Usually thats how you sell a car

Her name isn’t Elizabeth.
    Who's Elizabeth??

Sorry Teresa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Guys they're defo guilty, sure yer man brendan admitted it. I know people have had confessions coerced, but err, he admitted it. He admitted to all these details that have zero evidence to support his story, but he admitted it.

The jury saw all the evidence but they didn't see ALL the evidence, they're definitely guilty.

I've only seen half the show but I know I'm right and everyone else is wrong, you're still idiots who don't know things, except twice what I know because I've only seen half the show. But that doesn't matter because I'm right and they're guilty.

Am I doing this right?

What's hilarious is you find that unbelievable.

Yet buy into a outlandish conspiracy of bones been planted in a fire pit, DNA been planted around a car, planted key with Avery DNA attached.

What is your crazy conspiracy anyway?

Yep Kathleen’s theory is a little out there, that’s for sure. But when you remind yourself that these are the same force who not only spoon fed a mentally stunted teen a fabricated turn of events, but also prevented a coroner from doing her job (and those are facts) well, can’t anything be possible?
    You’re acting like corruption and state interference is implausible. It happens.
    Can you explain why Steven’s fingerprints are nowhere to be found either in the car or on the key?

False name he used barb Janda? Barb is his sister she owned the car. Usually thats how you sell a car

He had already sold five cars and couldn't sell anymore without getting a licence.

Barb when interviewed said she didn't even want to sell the car but he did it anyway and specifically asked for Teresa, I wonder why?

At 8:12 a.m. on Oct. 31, the day Halbach was killed, Kratz says Avery called AutoTrader magazine and asked them to send "that same girl who was here last time."

He also rang using *67 to hide his number, his phone records show he only did this with Teresa number, no other numbers.

"Phone records show three calls from Avery to Teresa's cell phone on Oct. 31," says Kratz. "One at 2:24 [p.m.], and one at 2:35 – both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn't know it him...both placed before she arrives.

The first two calls, one lasting only seven seconds and the other apparently hung up before it was answered, were placed around 2:30 p.m. used the blocking feature."

"Then one last call at 4:35 p.m., without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up…so tries to establish the alibi call after she's already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn't need the *67 feature for that last call."]

The phone is no longer showing up on the network after 2:41.

Pelvis wrote: »
    Guys they're defo guilty, sure yer man brendan admitted it. I know people have had confessions coerced, but err, he admitted it. He admitted to all these details that have zero evidence to support his story, but he admitted it.

The jury saw all the evidence but they didn't see ALL the evidence, they're definitely guilty.

I've only seen half the show but I know I'm right and everyone else is wrong, you're still idiots who don't know things, except twice what I know because I've only seen half the show. But that doesn't matter because I'm right and they're guilty.

Am I doing this right?

No man your crazy they're deffo totally innocent the Netflix show full of very competent experts said so, and they lady did experiments and everything, free Steven Avery.

He had already sold five cars and couldn't sell anymore without getting a licence.

Barb when interviewed said she didn't even want to sell the car but he did it anyway and specifically asked for Teresa, I wonder why?

At 8:12 a.m. on Oct. 31, the day Halbach was killed, Kratz says Avery called AutoTrader magazine and asked them to send "that same girl who was here last time."

He also rang using *67 to hide his number, his phone records show he only did this with Teresa number, no other numbers.

"Phone records show three calls from Avery to Teresa's cell phone on Oct. 31," says Kratz. "One at 2:24 [p.m.], and one at 2:35 – both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn't know it him...both placed before she arrives.

The first two calls, one lasting only seven seconds and the other apparently hung up before it was answered, were placed around 2:30 p.m. used the blocking feature."

"Then one last call at 4:35 p.m., without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up…so tries to establish the alibi call after she's already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn't need the *67 feature for that last call."]

The phone is no longer showing up on the network after 2:41.

Yet when asked to produce the phone records they werent produced and struxk from transcripts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Avery reminded me of Ian Huntley when he was talking to the news crew on the day Theresa went missing. From the first question he refers to her in the past tense ‘she used to come round here’. She was only missing a few hours and Avery admits she was on his land and then left, but somehow he refers to her in the past tense. Hold on Steven nobody is saying she’s dead she’s just missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Yes. Watched season 1.....

And was amazed at how OTT biased and selective it was...

Decided to reason it out objectively and without bias...anyone who thinks that these men are innocent based off a one sided show.....silly beyond silly!

How could you possibly know how OTT biased and selective it was as you were watching it? That makes zero sense, you couldn't have known that just watching it unfold, you made your mind up afterwards , something made it change?

Oh I suspect Avery. And I also consider the opinion of experts who reckon the bones were moved, and I also take into account the fact that bones were located in the quarry right beside SA's premises.

There is strong support for these bones being cremated in a barrel rather than in an open air pit. They simply had reached a level of cremation that would be very difficult to achieve without a tank of fuel beside you, in the open air.

The barrel in which bones were found (just a few) had been searched a first time, and nothing had been found that first time. It was days later, after another search, that bones were found.
    There was only one tooth found in the fire pit.
    There was no goo, no residue typical of a human body being burned.

Avery stayed at home that evening, there were calls from the girl friend in prison coming in.

There was no need for anyone to put the body anywhere that very evening, as she was not even officially missing yet.

No man your crazy they're deffo totally innocent the Netflix show full of very competent experts said so, and they lady did experiments and everything, free Steven Avery.

You’re in no position to be making jokes when you can’t even get the name of the deceased right

You’re in no position to be making jokes when you can’t even get the name of the deceased right

Go away you sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How could you possibly know how OTT biased and selective it was as you were watching it? That makes zero sense, you couldn't have known that just watching it unfold, you made your mind up afterwards , something made it change?

Who said I knew it was so biased as I was watching it?

I watched season 1 and read up on the case. The show is very biased from a defense/acquittal point of view.

• Advertisement

Troll? Someone has a different opinion than you and you resort to calling them a troll. There seems to be a gang mentality in this thread where you turn on someone, call them names and then all jerk each other off.

Troll? Someone has a different opinion than you and you resort to calling them a troll. There seems to be a gang mentality in this thread where you turn on someone, call them names and then all jerk each other off.

Jerk each other off? Are we pretending we are from America now with terminology.

There is strong support for these bones being cremated in a barrel rather than in an open air pit. They simply had reached a level of cremation that would be very difficult to achieve without a tank of fuel beside you, in the open air.

The barrel in which bones were found (just a few) had been searched a first time, and nothing had been found that first time. It was days later, after another search, that bones were found.
    There was only one tooth found in the fire pit.
    There was no goo, no residue typical of a human body being burned.

Why couldn't it be done open air?

Who says there was no goo?

Yes its me who is been disrespectful to the deceased, not the people who think her rapist and murdered is innocent and are defending him.

Jerk each other off? Are we pretending we are from America now with terminology.

A lot of ye have anger issues like Avery

Avery is a good guy, did you not hear the nice music they played when he was talking.

Ignore all this too
    http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Avery-Activity-Log_Manitowoc.pdf

Hahah what how am I angry? I asked why your saying we **** each other off

Why couldn't it be done open air?

Who says there was no goo?

How about you watch season 2 to get all these fascinating answers ?

Avery is a good guy, did you not hear the nice music they played when he was talking.

Ignore all this too
    http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Avery-Activity-Log_Manitowoc.pdf

Jesus even if you think the guy is innocent he still took part in setting a cat on fire for Christ’s sake.

Jesus even if you think the guy is innocent he still took part in setting a cat on fire for Christ’s sake.

Has anyone in this thread said he is a good guy? By all accounts he seems like an awful **** tbh but I strongly believe he is innocent of this crime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement