Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making A Murderer [Netflix - Documentary Series]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

I don’t mind Zellner at all (so far) but I really can’t stand Brendan’s post conviction attorney. Big stupid smiley head on her.

She's a ditsy looking clown. Very irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm re-watching, but I'm skipping all the Brendan case bits, and all the family bits unless I see Barbs mouthing away. I just keep the bits with Zellner :)
    But it's my 2nd time I guess, and now I know a lot more about the family (from my own research) I feel less empathy, and have less patience for the slow sad bits.

It’s a chore alright. I still believe Brendan should have got time, even Barb said this when she addressed the court during sentencing. He’s a victim and Avery is to blame.

bobsman wrote: »
    She's a ditsy looking clown. Very irritating.

The opposite of Zellner she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

No everyone in prison is bad, Steven is good.

Ya they are part of the conspiracy too all ganging up on poor Steven.

Can we get a crowd fund going to get him freed, get Trump to pardon him or something?

So I'm assuming you agree the confession by the soaked in bleach trousers guy doesn't count?

Poor guys they are the real victims in this show.

What’s your opinion on Brendan? I have already stated mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The guy with the bleach soaked trousers admitted it.

Oh right that confession doesn't count part of the conspiracy isn't it?

Those evil cops should be in jail not Steven Avery.

Surely mam of 4 will agree with that statement.

Would you ever get a grip on your griping like a spoilt child who wants everything their own way , and gets the hump with anyone who doesn't agree with them .

Please feel free to report this post if you wish .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Would you ever get a grip on your griping like a spoilt child who wants everything their own way , and gets the hump with anyone who doesn't agree with them .

Please feel free to report this post if you wish .

Just letting you know I thanked your post Mam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Can you link us to what you’ve been reading “from both sides” that proves Brendan was involved? Thanks

Well knock me down with a feather.

MY FAVOURITE COMMENT ON BOARDS, EVER!!!

Just letting you know I thanked your post Mam.

Reciprocated A ;)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Reciprocated A ;)

I see what you’re doing there. “A” for Avery Fan Club Ganghanded Clique Member.

Ya they are part of the conspiracy too all ganging up on poor Steven.

Can we get a crowd fund going to get him freed, get Trump to pardon him or something?

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-free-steven-avery

It didn’t work :)

I see what you’re doing there. “A” for Avery Fan Club Ganghanded Clique Member.

Avoidance and Deflection everytime .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Uncharted wrote: »
    Have you actually watched the series or are you trolling?

I reckon walshb is actually Ken Kratz....

Hey Ken.... Have you been involved in any further attempts to coerce female victims of domestic violence into sexual liaisons with your slobby self under threat of dropping the cases against the victims' attackers?

You're such a pillar of law abiding and prosecutorial society that its impossible to believe that you wouldn't have taken advantage of a pathetically under-developed teenager and a clearly prejudiced law enforcement 'investigation' that elevated 'planting of evidence' into a virtual art- form on your way to achieving BD and SA's convictions. Good on ya, for shafting Avery and getting the ould $36 million lawsuit reduced to a measly $400k, by forcing him to settle so that he could hire lawyers to fight your State- fully- funded prosecution. Not that the $400k was ever going to be enough, given the multi- millions that Manitowoc County and the State invested in the case (again with an eye on the appalling vista of having to pay out the 36M)... Oh, and BTW, the $36M was a claim made by Avery on foot of the 18 years that he had been forced to spend in jail for a sexual assault and attempted murder conviction in respect of which he was finally completely exonerated. Was he not entitled to compensation for having been fitted up? But of course, Ken was the hero who (along with many others) protected the taxpayers of Manitowoc County from the $36m payout and when either Scott or Ryan murdered Ms Halbach, left a trail of evidence behind them and were roped into the grand conspiracy to frame Avery and Dassey..

Anyway, Ken.... You're out of it now... You've had to retire and you have no further role to play, except to defend any/all legal cases that will be launched against you for grevious prosecutorial misconduct in the coming years. As a private citizen, it is appalling that you continue to wield ANY power, influence or authority in respect of challenging Avery or Dassey in their legitimate travel through the legal system. You sowed your seeds of deceit and have already undermined the legitimacy of the legal system. Others must now be allowed to deal with the pernicious weeds from the seeds that you sowed, within the boundaries of U.S. Constitutional Law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It’s a chore alright. I still believe Brendan should have got time, even Barb said this when she addressed the court during sentencing. He’s a victim and Avery is to blame.

Ah sure Tipsy, you know you love it, but you could never admit it.

TomonBoard, I don't think he is KK, but let it all out anyway, let it all out...

:D

The comments below his posts on Twitter are a great way to validate your feelings too, I must admit I have indulged in that the past few days...
    I particularly like this: it's called "the prize" after his text that basically said to the nymph : I am the one with the big house, the big job, the notoriety, I AM THE PRIZE (and like, you'd be lucky to get me cos I'm great)

(NSFW, and not suitable for sensitive eyes, cannot be unseen)(Poster is @TranceTony1)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqtOqdBXcAAPI6e.jpg:large

This MaM has been a wonderful way to procrastinate for me this week. :)

And while I'm here, and to make this post a bit more substantial, here is a link to a good Twitter profile to follow for links on the case/situation. For your own health I would advise "guilters" to stay away from it.
    https://twitter.com/TManitowoc

NB. Mamof4 and Retro, just to let you know I've thanked your posts.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Personally, I think LN is gorgeous in a small town gal kinda way, yet she's a top shot lawyer which makes her even more appealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Personally, I think LN is gorgeous in a small town gal kinda way, yet she's a top shot lawyer which makes her even more appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Uriel. wrote: »

Kathleen Zellner is Champions league level of lawyers.

Nirider is League one.

She does seem a really lovely person though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Nirider is League one.

She is a district court level solicitor to me on irish terms. She is happy go lucky and blind to the realistic fight Brendan has ahead.

Nirider is League one.

She is a district court level solicitor to me on irish terms. She is happy go lucky and blind to the realistic fight Brendan has ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

They are a dodgy family and one of them done it but I have no doubt the police planted evidence to get Avery, which means the case should be thrown out even if he done it.

I believe Barb knows more than SA does about what happened.

I believe Bobby done it and she is relying on getting Brendan out over the confession.

The show may be biased but three things stood out
    • Truck driver reported to the cop the car was seen outside the property
    • Burying the evidence on the computer
    • The coroner incident

• Advertisement

Barb and Bobby are up to their necks in it.
    Scott Tadych too.

I believe Bobby to be suspect number one.

His computer history was a cesspit,it beggars belief that it was overlooked!

Scott is involved,and I'm not sure to what degree.

I believe Barb knows all this and is sacrificing Brendan Dassey to save herself and the other two.

As an aside,what is it with all the 'B' names....
    Brendan,Bobby,Barb,Bryan and Blaine.

They sound like a yellowpack version of the Kardashians.

Barb and Bobby are up to their necks in it.
    Scott Tadych too.

I believe Bobby to be suspect number one.

His computer history was a cesspit,it beggars belief that it was overlooked!

Scott is involved,and I'm not sure to what degree.

I believe Barb knows all this and is sacrificing Brendan Dassey to save herself and the other two.

As an aside,what is it with all the 'B' names....
    Brendan,Bobby,Barb,Bryan and Blaine.

They sound like a yellowpack version of the Kardashians.

Just the Hillbilly way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Anyone who is involved with Avery now romanticaly should get the death penalty for being so stupid or being a gold digger. As any lawyer would say objection. Sustainted.

Uriel. wrote: »

She’s out of her depth. Who cares what she looks like? She still has a stupid smiley nodding head. Zellner is fcuking terrifying in looks and her will to get a result. Her office and practice are really impressive, not relevant but I like what I see.

One observation after 4 episodes in. I would really have liked to see either Zellner or Netflix provide a scaled model of the Avery compound and surrounding area. It could be set up in Zellners practice.

One observation after 4 episodes in. I would really have liked to see either Zellner or Netflix provide a scaled model of the Avery compound and surrounding area. It could be set up in Zellners practice.

After 4 episodes your only observation is regarding scale of the site. What about the blatant miscarriage of justice laid bare in EP 4

Commanchie wrote: »
    After 4 episodes your only observation is regarding scale of the site. What about the blatant miscarriage of justice laid bare in EP 4

There’s isn’t any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Tipsy's mind is well made up. He ain't for changing.

There’s isn’t any.

Dying for you to get to the final episode where the state coroner asserts she was prevented from doing her job and was told she would be arrested if she arrived on Avery property, and prevented from testifying at the trial.. something something conflict of interest.

All while Avery’s back yard is littered with Manitowoc cops. The same cops who had been exposed in Steven’s civil case.

Would love to hear your thoughts on that.

Dying for you to get to the final episode where the state coroner asserts she was prevented from doing her job and was told she would be arrested if she arrived on Avery property, and prevented from testifying at the trial.. something something conflict of interest.

All while Avery’s back yard is littered with Manitowoc cops. The same cops who had been exposed in Steven’s civil case.

Would love to hear your thoughts on that.

AWAY WITH YOUR COMMON SENSE NONSENSE!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Tipsy's mind is well made up. He ain't for changing.

Same as the Halbachs then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

She’s out of her depth. Who cares what she looks like? She still has a stupid smiley nodding head. Zellner is fcuking terrifying in looks and her will to get a result. Her office and practice are really impressive, not relevant but I like what I see.

Like you said yourself........Who cares what she looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Didn't even check for prints in the RAV4 lol ... Imagine..

Or maybe they did,just what was found didn't fit the narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Did anybody else notice Barb calling Brendan lawyer; Laura Nightrider? I had to play it back a few times, but it definitely sounded like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

bazermc wrote: »
    Did anybody else notice Barb calling Brendan lawyer; Laura Nightrider? I had to play it back a few times, but it definitely sounded like it.

Haha yes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Folks
    Have a question that relates more to the first series than the 2nd.
    The bones in the burn site...... Was it actually determined that these belonged to TH? Did they find anything else if her remains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

There’s isn’t any.

I have a fairly open mind about the whole thing, but one thing that's always bugged me - why was none of Theresa Halbach's DNA found anywhere in Steven's trailer or the garage? Nothing on the handcuffs either. His vaccum cleaner was examined and no hair or rope fibres found to corroborate the story of Theresa having been in the trailer at all.

No blood, no hair, no saliva, nothing. If what Brendan Dassey had said was true, surely her DNA would have been all over the place. Even a complete forensic clean-up by a team of people would have left trace amounts of DNA somewhere, let alone two guys of lower than average intelligence cleaning the place. I've always wondered where all her DNA was on the property, other than the small amounts in her own car and in the burn pit. It just doesn't make any forensic sense to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have a fairly open mind about the whole thing, but one thing that's always bugged me - why was none of Theresa Halbach's DNA found anywhere in Steven's trailer or the garage? Nothing on the handcuffs either. His vaccum cleaner was examined and no hair or rope fibres found to corroborate the story of Theresa having been in the trailer at all.

No blood, no hair, no saliva, nothing. If what Brendan Dassey had said was true, surely her DNA would have been all over the place. Even a complete forensic clean-up by a team of people would have left trace amounts of DNA somewhere, let alone two guys of lower than average intelligence cleaning the place. I've always wondered where all her DNA was on the property, other than the small amounts in her own car and in the burn pit. It just doesn't make any forensic sense to me!

Exactly. And yet we keep hearing from certain posters how stupid Brendan is etc.. And yet he was skilled enough to help meticulously clean up a crime scene where there should have blood and dna everywhere. It's ridiculous.

I’ve already stated I believe Brendan is s victim. His scumbag uncle made him clean up the murder scene. If you have such an open mind then why would Brendan say he was cleaning up a a large pool of dark liquid in the garage? Why would his jeans have bleach all over them?

This question is for you.

• Advertisement

This question is for you not the Rat King group.

I'm curious - how do you manage in everyday life (outside of boards) when someone else has a different opinion to you? Do you call them names too?

I'm curious - how do you manage in everyday life (outside of boards) when someone else has a different opinion to you? Do you call them names too?

I don’t like groups ganging up on people and bullying them out of threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I’ve already stated I believe Brendan is s victim. His scumbag uncle made him clean up the murder scene. If you have such an open mind then why would Brendan say he was cleaning up a a large pool of dark liquid in the garage? Why would his jeans have bleach all over them?

This question is for you not the Rat King group.

So 2 people you have repeatedly called idiots and "most stupidest" managed to clean up the trailer and garage to such a level that not a single bit of DNA was found? Not even a tiny little drop or smudge?

So 2 people you have repeatedly called idiots and "most stupidest" managed to clean up the trailer and garage to such a level that not a single bit of DNA was found? Not even a tiny little drop or smudge?

Your talking sense again. Shut up

I don’t like groups ganging up on people and bullying them out of threads.

Yet when I posted, you told me to 'jog on'. Nobody has bullied you, quite the contrary. Your posting style has been aggressive and condescending. You're unable to address any of the major issues regarding the case, all you do is repeatedly state that 'he's stupid' 'he's guilty' 'case closed' etc. Just empty soundbites with no substance. I just hope you're never on a jury where someone's freedom is at stake because I wouldn't trust you to form a logical and rational opinion based on the evidence.

The group mentality in this thread is so bad that when you direct a question to an individual they all jump in.

• Advertisement

The group mentality in this thread is so bad that when you direct a question to an individual they all jump in.

Ive been directing questioms at you for days you dont even answer them.

Well that’ll happen when you throw bullying accusations about. And on that note, I believe you’re the only one who has persistently name called on this thread. Both to the posters here and to the people in the doc.
    Remind me who’s the bully again?

Anyway, I actually believe you enjoy this attention you’re getting so you’re going on ignore.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This question is for you.

Was there any evidence of Theresa's blood or DNA on the jeans also? I'm just perplexed about the complete lack of DNA evidence in this case. Even cleaning up a large pool of blood with bleach would leave trace evidence. They found deer blood, for instance. If she was shot in the garage, where is all the blood spatter etc.? The bullet casing found had no skull fragments, tissue etc. on it. I'm almost sure Brendan mentioned something about car fluid in relation to the spill....can't be sure!

I do agree with you that Brendan's testimony cannot be relied upon - his story doesn't fit with any of the evidence and it's my opinion he is easily coerced - but would this not then also cast doubt on Steven's guilt? Like, besides the DNA evidence in the Rav4, what other DNA evidence connects him personally to the crime in any way? He could well be guilty, however I just don't think there was enough evidence to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ive been directing questioms at you for days you dont even answer them.

If I try I will get around 10 different replies rather than have a direct debate with you. It’s impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'm gonna say it's impossible to kill that lady like they said he did, without leaving any trace evidence of any kind ,in a garage ,which by their own admittance ,was dirty and dusty .. in other words ..a garage..not a forensically cleaned environment..

And the same can be said for the so called rape/stab scene ..the bedroom ..

Nothing..nada...

Fckin riddiculas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement