Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do the nicest looking girls in Sligo hang out??

Options
  • 20-12-2015 4:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

...on a Saturday night.

It seems the Garavogue is the main venue but, there's also a few nightclubs - Velvet Rooms, Sixth, Toffs.
    Toffs is for oldies, from what I understand.

Getting a little tired of the Garavogue though.

Any idea what the crowd in Sixth and Velvet rooms tends to be like??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

...on a Saturday night.

It seems the Garavogue is the main venue but, there's also a few nightclubs - Velvet Rooms, Sixth, Toffs.
    Toffs is for oldies, from what I understand.

Getting a little tired of the Garavogue though.

Any idea what the crowd in Sixth and Velvet rooms tends to be like??

Define oldies!? Last time i was in Toffs, it was full of 19/20 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

Australia. Or Canada.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

I think this thread had potential.

Contrary to popular belief, I think Sligo's nightlife also has potential - but there's a few key factors holding it back.

Been overseas for the last 8 years, last 5 in The Netherlands, and the dance music scene there is huge.

Looking at the clubs in Sligo, of which there are three, and that disco bar - they're all actually, very good venues.

Velvet is the biggest, but what...
    Apart from New Years, it's dead most of the time.

The main problem, is the music being served up.

The best we're getting, is some watered down remixed hip hop and rap shiz.
    That's at it's best.

Nobody wants to dance to that.

It's no surprise either.
    I'm looking at the DJ's, and they're some old man punters, bobbing their heads behind the decks.
    They're still living in the early 90's, and even then, that style of music was still terrible.

Garavogue, alright - it's a bar, not a nightclub - so, can we really expect some proper dance music?
    Apparently not.

But, looking at some of the most popular venues in Amsterdam, Smokey, Prime - they're also disco bars, and on occasion, their DJ's are so good, that their session is broadcast live on Dutch radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

I think this thread had potential.

Contrary to popular belief, I think Sligo's nightlife also has potential - but there's a few key factors holding it back.

Been overseas for the last 8 years, last 5 in The Netherlands, and the dance music scene there is huge.

Looking at the clubs in Sligo, of which there are three, and that disco bar - they're all actually, very good venues.

Velvet is the biggest, but what...
    Apart from New Years, it's dead most of the time.

The main problem, is the music being served up.

The best we're getting, is some watered down remixed hip hop and rap shiz.
    That's at it's best.

Nobody wants to dance to that.

It's no surprise either.
    I'm looking at the DJ's, and they're some old man punters, bobbing their heads behind the decks.
    They're still living in the early 90's, and even then, that style of music was still terrible.

Garavogue, alright - it's a bar, not a nightclub - so, can we really expect some proper dance music?
    Apparently not.

But, looking at some of the most popular venues in Amsterdam, Smokey, Prime - they're also disco bars, and on occasion, their DJ's are so good, that their session is broadcast live on Dutch radio.

Dublin is good

Vlove wrote: »
    Dublin is good

Where abouts?

Not "Dicey's" or "Coppers"...

I saw a nightclub called "Sin". They specialize in house apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My gaff

connaughton road caravan car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

At home:)

loki7777 wrote: »
    At home:)

Pffff - no chick ever got her attention craving satisfied by sitting at home.

They're obviously hanging out somewhere.

But where...

Obama.jpeg

Dating site?

• Advertisement

Dating site?

Nah f$%k that.

You can't play the necessary games with chicks on them, not to mention, the number of dudes heavily outweighs the number of chicks.

I tried them before; put up a bunch of pics of myself in muscle tops at the gym.
    Got a bunch of fat/old chicks messaging me.
    I asked a few fine chicks if they wanted to meet up and get nasty, and they were like, "nuh. Don't go for assholes, sorry", and I was thinking, "yeah baby, you'd be drooling over me at the club, now get down off your high horse and give into your desires".

Needless to say, I don't have much faith in dating sites...

Nah f$%k that.

You can't play the necessary games with chicks on them, not to mention, the number of dudes heavily outweighs the number of chicks.

I tried them before; put up a bunch of pics of myself in muscle tops at the gym.
    Got a bunch of fat/old chicks messaging me.
    I asked a few fine chicks if they wanted to meet up and get nasty, and they were like, "nuh. Don't go for assholes, sorry", and I was thinking, "yeah baby, you'd be drooling over me at the club, now get down off your high horse and give into your desires".

Needless to say, I don't have much faith in dating sites...

Dude, I wouldn't go that far in asking them out like that, just be yourself and don't push it. No girl would want a guy forcing on top of them, no one does!

Dude, I wouldn't go that far in asking them out like that, just be yourself and don't push it. No girl would want a guy forcing on top of them, no one does!

That is me being myself.

I hate beating around the bush, it's just not me.

And that bolded statement; you can't possibly know that.
    Just cause it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for other guys.

I started partying in Sligo about, pfff, less than two months ago.
    I've already nailed three club chicks (believe that if you want, don't if you don't). Picked up two the Garavogue, one in Velvet.

Point i'm making is, internet dating, chicks have the upper hand cause of the number of dudes to gals.
    It's not for me, basically.

That is me being myself.

I hate beating around the bush, it's just not me.

And that bolded statement; you can't possibly know that.
    Just cause it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for other guys.

I started partying in Sligo about, pfff, less than two months ago.
    I've already nailed three club chicks (believe that if you want, don't if you don't). Picked up two the Garavogue, one in Velvet.

Point i'm making is, internet dating, chicks have the upper hand cause of the number of dudes to gals.
    It's not for me, basically.

Alright, just make sure you be careful who you are with too even if you an an adult . Well I wouldn't consider it either but I heard it works for some people so im just putting it out there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This thread has no potential.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement