Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell

• 20-12-2015 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of picking up a new desktop over the Christmas. Do Dell have any sales in the new year or just before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭THRASHER73

Im looking at an xps laptop. Thinking the same. Might wait until Jan sales & hope they have sales

Doesnt look like Dell are having a january sale. But i hit the chat button today, messaged a sales guy & he knocked €92 off an xps if i buy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

THRASHER73 wrote: »
    Doesnt look like Dell are having a january sale. But i hit the chat button today, messaged a sales guy & he knocked €92 off an xps if i buy today.

I took a chance and bought my XPS the other week. Really happy with it. It really is a great machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

What did you go for XPS 13 or 15?
    Delivery says on or before 27th of Jan but hopefully itll land sooner than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I went for the XPS 8900 desktop. The delivery took 7 working days which I was delighted with. I wasn't supposed to have it until 04/01/16.

Patww79 wrote: »

All i did was ask if there were any Jan sales or promotion offers & sales lad says give him a mo & he'll see what he can do if i order today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Patww79 wrote: »

Not sure what Dell are playing at with the pricing on those, the Core i3 16GB Chromebook 13 model is €712 on their site ex.VAT, but re-sellers like dcbgroup have it as €550 or so.

Did you get any answer from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kerry365

11 months ago I bought a top of the range Dell XPS13 and have had nothing but trouble from the day I bought it. Sound may or may not work. I have phoned them about 10 times to fix and would be on the phone for the most part of an hour. They even sent out a technical expert out and he replaced some hardware. I bought this laptop for boardroom and class presentations. Imagine the embarrassment when I am all set to go and no sound. Warranty expires next month. Dell have refused to replace my laptop. Any words of wisdom as to where I stand.... apart from out of pocket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I haven't bought a laptop in 8 years. The last one I got was a Lenovo and it was terrible so I'm going to go back to Dell because I got 8 years out of the Inspiron I bought for college - it's actually 12 years old and still switches on, but all of the hardware is failing.

I want something compact (way prefer 11" - would take 13" if value was there but):
    8GB RAM
    Quad Core processor
    10+ hrs battery
    touchscreen
    around €500.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/work/shop/laptops/latitude-3190/spd/latitude-11-3190-laptop/n018l319011emea?configurationid=6574cb0f-8844-4a6b-b2b0-398097296bd3
    Latitude 3190 ticks all the boxes except touchscreen which was really more of an afterthought. Does anyone know any reliable brands where I could get similar or better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

s1ippy wrote: »
    I haven't bought a laptop in 8 years. The last one I got was a Lenovo and it was terrible so I'm going to go back to Dell because I got 8 years out of the Inspiron I bought for college - it's actually 12 years old and still switches on, but all of the hardware is failing.

I want something compact (way prefer 11" - would take 13" if value was there but):
    8GB RAM
    Quad Core processor
    10+ hrs battery
    touchscreen
    around €500.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/work/shop/laptops/latitude-3190/spd/latitude-11-3190-laptop/n018l319011emea?configurationid=6574cb0f-8844-4a6b-b2b0-398097296bd3
    Latitude 3190 ticks all the boxes except touchscreen which was really more of an afterthought. Does anyone know any reliable brands where I could get similar or better?

Might be worth looking at dells uk site & I got a better deal there using parcel motel

Advertisement