Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FCP Between Limerick and Cork?

• 20-12-2015 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Looking to make this trip regularly in a 141 Leaf, 96km between the two closest FCPs, slightly anxious about this.
    Anyone have any idea if there are future plans to install a FCP along the N20?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

J.Dev wrote: »
    Looking to make this trip regularly in a 141 Leaf, 96km between the two closest FCPs, slightly anxious about this.

There is a rapid planned for Mallow and also a third (1st multi-standard) for Limerick. Charleville is on the list but v. unlikely to see anything in the next 12 months.

Don't know what the status of any of those will be with the halt put on charging fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 J.Dev

cros13 wrote: »
    There is a rapid planned for Mallow and also a third (1st multi-standard) for Limerick. Charleville is on the list but v. unlikely to see anything in the next 12 months.

Don't know what the status of any of those will be with the halt put on charging fees.

Thanks for the reply, reckon I should be fine from an almost complete charge in the meantime?

Thanks for the reply, reckon I should be fine from an almost complete charge in the meantime?

You should be grand. My dad gets 140km out of a 141 Leaf in the kind of weather we have at the moment.
    It'll be close if it gets down below -5 degrees but how often do we see that weather anymore?

In the event you ever got into trouble en-route there are two standard chargepoints in both Mallow and Charleville, and one + a hotel in Adare.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Is there any talk of CCS chargers in the northern half of the country? There's a shocking absence anywhere north of the M4

caster wrote: »
    Is there any talk of CCS chargers in the northern half of the country? There's a shocking absence anywhere north of the M4

New one going in at a petrol station opposite Galway Airport.
    ESB were in discussions for a site in Drogheda as well.

Drogheda is really important because it will enable CCS users to *just* reach the next CCS rapid in Banbridge which opens up the nine CCS charger network up north to us southerners. There are also a few CCS vehicle owners up north who'd be happy to be able to reach Dublin for the first time.

Going to Sligo from Limerick, Galway or Cork would still require a horrible detour via Dublin, Belfast, Derry and Donegal. Plus a few 100% charges on rapids (ESB expects us to pay actual money for this?).

Again...no indication of when we might see any of this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

New one going in at a petrol station opposite Galway Airport.
    ESB were in discussions for a site in Drogheda as well.

Drogheda is really important because it will enable CCS users to *just* reach the next CCS rapid in Banbridge which opens up the nine CCS charger network up north to us southerners. There are also a few CCS vehicle owners up north who'd be happy to be able to reach Dublin for the first time.

Going to Sligo from Limerick, Galway or Cork would still require a horrible detour via Dublin, Belfast, Derry and Donegal. Plus a few 100% charges on rapids (ESB expects us to pay actual money for this?).

Again...no indication of when we might see any of this...

Amazing really, it seems like the pace has slowed! Particularly bad that it looks tricky to get from Dublin to Belfast, the 2 largest urban areas on the island!

caster wrote: »
    Amazing really, it seems like the pace has slowed! Particularly bad that it looks tricky to get from Dublin to Belfast, the 2 largest urban areas on the island!

Complain....loudly.... to ESB

They seem to forget that everyone isn't a Leaf driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Tesco Mallow has a charge point in the car park.

Truckermal wrote: »

I'm afraid that's not a rapid charger. It's just a pair of Type 2 AC sockets.
    A DC rapid charger is about the size of a fridge freezer.

Rapid charge: 0-80% in 20 minutes.
    AC @ 3.3 or 6.6kW: 0-80% in 3-7 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

96 klms should be reachable, a slow careful first time at 100% would be the best bet. Inclines do take up range and not given back on the downhill regen. Also strong headwinds can have a effect. Have a back up, if the FCP is down is there a scp that you could probably go to just to get you moving. A back up plan can take out the anxiety out of a trip. Plus give your self lots of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I love resurrecting old threads! The charger in Tesco mallow is gone. Probably damaged in the floods earlier in the year. I wonder if or when they'all replace it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

TBi wrote: »
    I love resurrecting old threads! The charger in Tesco mallow is gone. Probably damaged in the floods earlier in the year. I wonder if or when they'all replace it!

It was on the flood plain, not a clever place for "high power" devices. Although flood defences are there now.

It was out of service the one time I tried it a few months ago. The other SCP in the train station is working though so you probably won't see another SCP being put up.

So that's 2 SCP's they have removed in Cork in towns that don't have rapids!!!

I hope there is method to the madness other than cost reduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I had a look for the one at the train station. I'm not sure how you'd get two cars parked there. The spaces are tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I had a look for the one at the train station. I'm not sure how you'd get two cars parked there. The spaces are tiny.

I used it once and I didnt notice the size of the spaces, the place was fairly empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'm afraid that's not a rapid charger. It's just a pair of Type 2 AC sockets.
    A DC rapid charger is about the size of a fridge freezer.

Rapid charge: 0-80% in 20 minutes.
    AC @ 3.3 or 6.6kW: 0-80% in 3-7 hours.

FYI, I think that charger is defuct, it was in bits the last time i saw it and i dont think it's on the map any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

The wall is sloped into the first space making it tight alright. Passing through maybe around 10 times, i've only seen it iced once and i've never seen one electric car in it never mind two.

Advertisement