Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

98fm off air 20/12

• 20-12-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭

Seem to be off air the last few minutes. Sister station spin 1038 still on air and that broadcasts from the same building afaik.

Edit: Came back just after I posted.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

off air as in the transmitter switched off or just dead air?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

off air as in the transmitter switched off or just dead air?

Dead air, well the rds was still showing 98fm so i think it was still on but just with silence. Was off for atleast 15 mins, then came back for the news, no mention of it after at all. Maybe they brought down the wrong fader or something. I'm just surprised it wasn't noticed sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Dead air, well the rds was still showing 98fm so i think it was still on but just with silence. Was off for atleast 15 mins, then came back for the news, no mention of it after at all.

ah i see.
    Maybe they brought down the wrong fader or something. I'm just surprised it wasn't noticed sooner.

i suppose it depends on what happened. it is possible the dead air was noticed straight away or a bit after it happened but it was a fault that just took a bit of time to put right? it could also have been the wrong fader brought down and left for that length of timewithout anyone noticing but i would be surprised if it was considering the length of time but these things do happen.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Power issues maybe?

Sunshine seem to have been having issues as well the past few days.

Their audio has been far lower than the other stations for periods of time - not sure if modulation or something else.

You have to ramp the audio up only to get blasted out of a short while later or when you change station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Dead air, well the rds was still showing 98fm so i think it was still on but just with silence. Was off for atleast 15 mins, then came back for the news, no mention of it after at all. Maybe they brought down the wrong fader or something. I'm just surprised it wasn't noticed sooner.

If the carrier was still on you would expect audio to kick in - stations do have fail safes at the studio and TX site for this type of scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Infoanon wrote: »
    If the carrier was still on you would expect audio to kick in - stations do have fail safes at the studio and TX site for this type of scenario.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Ray and JP had great fun back in today FM let's the emergency tape kick in!

Advertisement