Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling contract

Options
  • 20-12-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

hi Alan
    I signed up for a broadband only contract this October .( previous contract was bundled)
    I am currently without a useable broadband for the second time this year .
    I am 8 days with a line fault logged and have had no correspondence or updates .
    I had a similar issue in January and it took 6 weeks to resolve .

I am willing to let a possible another fiasco go on till the end of the month but I will need to cancel my contract if eir fail to provide me with broadband .
    I don't expect a cancelation fee for non service . I will need your clarification on this
    Pat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

hi Alan
    I signed up for a broadband only contract this October .( previous contract was bundled)
    I am currently without a useable broadband for the second time this year .
    I am 8 days with a line fault logged and have had no correspondence or updates .
    I had a similar issue in January and it took 6 weeks to resolve .

I am willing to let a possible another fiasco go on till the end of the month but I will need to cancel my contract if eir fail to provide me with broadband .
    I don't expect a cancelation fee for non service . I will need your clarification on this
    Pat
    Hi homewardbound11

This decision is ultimately at the discretion of the cancellations department (free phone 1800303600) and must be made within the eir terms and conditions of service. I cannot offer judgement of the application of a termination fee in such circumstances but I can seek clarification on the progress of your reported fault should you wish to PM me your eir account number.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Thanks for your reply .
    I had a kn engineer out and the line needs replacing 200 metres . It's now 10 days . Therr will be no guarantee of a fix anytime soon .
    Posted here is my 20kb download speeds . If I'm lucky to maintain a connection for the duration of the test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1482508079

Thanks for your reply .
    I had a kn engineer out and the line needs replacing 200 metres . It's now 10 days . Therr will be no guarantee of a fix anytime soon .
    Posted here is my 20kb download speeds . If I'm lucky to maintain a connection for the duration of the test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1482508079
    I'm genuinely sorry to hear this homewardbound11

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

Al

Alan, can you please look in to reference number 2047892.
    Somehow the call was closed on December the 24th with a note . Damaged by storm . There was no repair made since the inspection on the 22nd.

Alan . I don't really want to go back to the queue by logging another fault as I wil
    Loose more days . Can you please do something on this .

Al

Alan, can you please look in to reference number 2047892.
    Somehow the call was closed on December the 24th with a note . Damaged by storm . There was no repair made since the inspection on the 22nd.

Alan . I don't really want to go back to the queue by logging another fault as I wil
    Loose more days . Can you please do something on this .
    Hi homewardbound11

I have requested an update and as soon as I have a response I update this thread right away

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Homewardbound11

I have had confirmation that your fault case has not been closed but rather escalated to a larger networks team responsible for large works. The reference number is now [font=Calibri","sans-serif]EIR-FNA-13190522[/font]

Mayo has been one of the worst hit areas and due to this your case has now a 5 working day restoration timeframe.

Unfortunately a route to escalate this is not even open right now - apologies for the bad news.

AL

Hi Homewardbound11

I have had confirmation that your fault case has not been closed but rather escalated to a larger networks team responsible for large works. The reference number is now [font=Calibri","sans-serif]EIR-FNA-13190522[/font]

Mayo has been one of the worst hit areas and due to this your case has now a 5 working day restoration timeframe.

Unfortunately a route to escalate this is not even open right now - apologies for the bad news.

AL

Thanks Alan .
    It must have been escalated after my call today . I'll follow up later in the week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi Homewardbound11

I have had confirmation that your fault case has not been closed but rather escalated to a larger networks team responsible for large works. The reference number is now EIR-FNA-13190522

AL

Thanks Alan .
    It must have been escalated after my call today . I'll follow up later in the week .
    Hi homewardbound11
    Thanks and let us know if you need further help with this...
    Regards
    Tony

Hi Alan,

Is there anything that can be done here. The escalated call is not proving to be any different to the normal call requests.

It now 3 weeks and a previous 6 weeks from earlier in 2015.
    my neighbours are also out of service for the same period

Alan,
    Is there any follow up on this issue .
    I have 4 of our neighbours down also with faults logged with dates of up to 1 month also

What are eir doing to customers . This will be one month now and this escalated call for over 2 weeks means nothing to eir.
    One of my neighbours are elderly and rely on home monitoring . This has left them vulnerable and exposed from both health and security reasons .
    It is a disgrace to eir in their response to repairs .

• Advertisement

You all know why Eir is called Eir ?

in it's former state It was forced to pay fines etc for breach of standards etc, including hassling old people, seriously read it.
    so if you google court and eircom that;s what you will get. so they changed the name!! it was the least professional and most complained about
    service last year and even the court found them guilty!

the wrapper is knew but same old product folks, just blank them!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/eircom-to-pay-35000-for-pestering-excustomers-34164566.html

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Alan,
    I have 4 of our neighbours down also with faults logged with dates of up to 1 month also

What are eir doing to customers  . This will be one month now and this escalated call for over 2 weeks means nothing to eir.
    One of my neighbours are elderly and rely on home monitoring . This has left them vulnerable and exposed from both health and security reasons .
    Tbh dude with the way storms have been lately and flooding it is most likely that the repair times have been significantly delayed.

I would expect this will be the case for a while until the flooding and such subsides.

Alan,

What are eir doing to customers  . This will be one month now and this escalated call for over 2 weeks means nothing to eir.
    Hi homewardbound11

I can only advise on your fault and today I have contacted networks who have assured me that they will have this prioritized. A time-frame can't be offered right now due to the network damage created by the storms but hopes are that your issue will resolved within the next 2 to 3 days.

Thanks
    AL

3 visits from Eircom engineers on the last 3 days.
    All be it from other neighbours following up with their lines and not the "escalated " call that I have opened.

Day 1 visit. Neighbour 1 working after a "fix on the line". Evening call found that neighbor 1 was not working. There was no cable replaced as suggested prior to Christmas.

Day 2 visit from Eircom engineer. All lines supposedy working. I have 800KB at best with an upload of 90KB. The engineer seemed to think that as long as my line was steady then I should be fine. He told me to contact Eircom 1901 and get them to increase the line speed. Neighbour 1 not working.

Contacted eircom on Saturday twice , who told me that the line was at maximum. Then I lost signal again.

Day 3 Eircom visit resolved my neighbor to 3MB broadband and they are happy that their fiasco is over all be it only 2 weeks for them. I called eircom again and the support team suggest that there is an issue with eircom and that they are having a problem trying to increase the line speed.

Alan. Please reply tomorrow

Firstly please get them to explain to me why the engineer who called before Christmas reported that the line be replaced up to 2000 metres of line .
    Then explain why my broadband speed is no longer capable of 6MB plus. As this is what I have been using for 4 years now .

Please explain why me line has been not functional since the 12th of December and other callouts have happened to my neighbours even though my so called escalated call was prioritized.

Ironically a neighbor is taking up a new contract with broadband with Eir. They have an engineer scheduled for next week to call out .

All be it from other neighbours following up with their lines and not the "escalated " call that I have opened.

Day 1 visit. Neighbour 1 working after a "fix on the line". Evening call found that neighbor 1 was not working. There was no cable replaced as suggested prior to Christmas.

Day 2 visit from Eircom engineer. All lines supposedy working. I have 800KB at best with an upload of 90KB. The engineer seemed to think that as long as my line was steady then I should be fine. He told me to contact Eircom 1901 and get them to increase the line speed. Neighbour 1 not working.

Contacted eircom on Saturday twice , who told me that the line was at maximum. Then I lost signal again.

Day 3 Eircom visit resolved my neighbor to 3MB broadband and they are happy that their fiasco is over all be it only 2 weeks for them. I called eircom again and the support team suggest that there is an issue with eircom and that they are having a problem trying to increase the line speed.

Firstly please get them to explain to me why the engineer who called before Christmas reported that the line be replaced up to 2000 metres of line .
    Then explain why my broadband speed is no longer capable of 6MB plus. As this is what I have been using for 4 years now .

Please explain why me line has been not functional since the 12th of December and other callouts have happened to my neighbours even though my so called escalated call was prioritized.

Ironically a neighbor is taking up a new contract with broadband with Eir. They have an engineer scheduled for next week to call out .

Finally got 7 mb back .
    Feeling a bit like Regan the child on the film " the exorcist" . The scene where she defeats Fr Harris .
    Over for now . No lines replaced just a simple repair after 4 weeks .

Finally got 7 mb back .
    Feeling a bit like Regan the child on the film " the exorcist" . The scene where she defeats Fr Harris .
    Over for now . No lines replaced just a simple repair after 4 weeks .
    Thank you for updating the thread homewardbound11

I can understand your feelings on this and apologise for all the delays.

Al

Advertisement