Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farranshone - whats the area like?

• 20-12-2015 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi all, im looking at a few houses around the city.

Can anyone tell me what Farranshone is like? Quiet/Noisy/Is it mainly rental houses/owner occupied? Is it a safe area? Its kind of in a no-mans land between two pretty different areas - Ennis Road and Thomondgate.

It looks like younger families are living there along with older residents.

Hope its ok to ask this and i dont want to offend anyone - just looking for info about the area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I know quite a few younger couple who've bought there and have done great renovation jobs on their houses. I know others who are renting. I'd say it's one of the best places to live near the city centre, second to Clancy or O'Callaghan Strands in my opinion. It's fairly near some edgier areas but I haven't heard any reports of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

zulutango wrote: »
    I know quite a few younger couple who've bought there and have done great renovation jobs on their houses. I know others who are renting. I'd say it's one of the best places to live near the city centre, second to Clancy or O'Callaghan Strands in my opinion. It's fairly near some edgier areas but I haven't heard any reports of problems.

Thanks for that. It seems like a nice residential area with some interesting houses but like you say its in a weird limbo between two very different areas!

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Parchment wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It seems like a nice residential area with some interesting houses but like you say its in a weird limbo between two very different areas!

Thanks for the reply.

Lovely area to the best of my knowledge as well. Have known a few people who've lived there and never heard of any issues.

Advertisement