Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make new friends in Limerick

• 20-12-2015 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So I'm a very happy,normal female in my early 30's.I seem to have blinked and all my friends have moved away and settled down. I'm now in a position where it's difficult to find someone to go out with on a Saturday night. Are there many others in my position??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I am in same situation as yourself.
    I joined a few meet up groups and have been on 2 nights so far.
    Definitely recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oreo123

Is that the website, Meetup? I've looked at it but there doesn't seem to be anything happening until after Christmas. Where did ye go?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Yes, Meet up!
    I am in Louth, not Limerick. First was a meal, second was Christmas party night.
    Nerve racking on the first meet up, but there are loads of people like ourselves.
    I always took having friends for granted, but people move on, and it is really hard to make new friends.
    I hope to make some good friendships out of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you're on Facebook, look for the page of Limerick GirlCrew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Same thing happened me. I have not found a solution yet.

As mentioned above there is a Limerick Girlcrew page on Facebook. I had a look (i didnt go to any event) but i just felt it wasn't for me (maybe why i havent found a solution to my problem yet!). perhaps it would work for you.

I often hope i will make friends through the things i am interested in and attend such as yoga and horse riding but i think at the age we are people have their own lives and are not interested in hanging around chatting. Its pretty depressing.

• Advertisement

Same here but I am a guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This forum really needs a meet-up! I'm definitely up for organising one at some stage in the New Year if Limerick Boardsies are up for attending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Me too. You can get to meet my alternative accounts also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oreo123

Thanks, I checked out Girlcrew but it seems to be girls in their early and mid 20s. Oh well! I'm definitely up for a meet up though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Good shout Panda, I'd be up for a meetup also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I would recommend GirlCrew. I've been to a few different events and it's been great. The age range would be more like mid to late 20s (maybe early 30s?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Great. I will wait until festive season is done and arrange something early 2015. Will be nice to put faces to names of all you lovely Limerick boardies types!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Limerick Boards meetup, sounds like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Id also be up for this , be good to meet some new....and old faces...used to hang about here a lot...but kind of "drifted" away.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

A few of the girls from work do spinning classes once or twice a week and love it. Get great exercise and meet new friends there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭aidanki

Im game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pebbletroy

Hi guys
    Thanks so much for a possible meet up.
    Im in my late thirties and single and sadly dont have any friends or social groups as reae majority are busy worki ng mums with little time and I get that
    Also I am a cancer survivour 5 years this xmas, it has knocked a lot of confidence and when I was very sick I swore that i would be braver, try and meet new people etc but tonight is the first night ive done something about.
    Ideas for meetups include meals, a few drinks, maybe the cinema or bowling.
    Book groups seem a very popular meeting group,
    Im not on facebook but please feel free to reply or DM me with any further news as i am keen to get out more and enjoy life in 2016.
    Thanks again to those who got the ball rolling.☺😊😀😆😎🙌👍🔜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Has anyone been to the meetup events? What kind of age groups are there? Is it awkward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the meetup events? What kind of age groups are there? Is it awkward?

I have been too a lot of events and most people are 30s and 40s, a few older but very few younger. First meetup is always scary but they make you feel very welcome

I'm game but I am 27 hope you don't mind a young man amoug you all lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

dunworth1 wrote: »

I've been to one and there was a good mix of age ranges from early 20s to 30 and 40 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Is this a girls' only meet or are guys included? I'm 26 and could really do with getting out and meeting new people. Very nervous when it comes to meeting new people but I'd love to be able to give it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Same here but I am a guy

join a running club - great craic

Advertisement