Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I having alcohol withdrawals???

Options
  • 20-12-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hi it would really appreciate some solid advice/info...

I have been drinking a lot over the past few years but recent months... maybe average 3 days with no alcohol a week... if i drink on week days it would be 2 beers max - but on weekends - sat = it would be some wine - maybe 1/2 bottle and a good few pints..

Since Monday I have been getting these symptoms - sweating at night, palpatations, frequent urination, shaky hands - but feels like a tremor in the body.. and this morn I felt like I was gonna have a fit...

I didn't have alcohol tue - fri but I was out last night - had 1/2 bottle wine and a few pints..

Feel the same now again = seems to get worse in the eve..

Are these physical alcohol addiction withdrawals? If so, are they gonna get worse? Could I have a seziure?

PS i suffer with major anxiety = have had trouble sleeping for years.. I am also a very small petite lady..

I am so worried.. I know I have a bad relationship with alcohol but now I am freaking out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

penovine wrote: »
    hi it would really appreciate some solid advice/info...

I have been drinking a lot over the past few years but recent months... maybe average 3 days with no alcohol a week... if i drink on week days it would be 2 beers max - but on weekends - sat = it would be some wine - maybe 1/2 bottle and a good few pints..

Since Monday I have been getting these symptoms - sweating at night, palpatations, frequent urination, shaky hands - but feels like a tremor in the body.. and this morn I felt like I was gonna have a fit...

I didn't have alcohol tue - fri but I was out last night - had 1/2 bottle wine and a few pints..

Feel the same now again = seems to get worse in the eve..

Are these physical alcohol addiction withdrawals? If so, are they gonna get worse? Could I have a seziure?

PS i suffer with major anxiety = have had trouble sleeping for years.. I am also a very small petite lady..

I am so worried.. I know I have a bad relationship with alcohol but now I am freaking out

sounds like mild withdrawal alright,its a bit like the flu.best off going to see your gp

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭penovine

thanks - i don't feel flu - y though - no temperature or sore bones.. just palpatations and strange sensations in my body..

reluctant to go to the doc..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Why are you so reluctant to go to your doctor? They are there to help. Sounds like you are having mild alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

Hope you go and get the help you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Go to your GP.

Don't let it get it worse.

It reads like more of a heavy binge tbh.

Dunny wrote: »
    Go to your GP.

Don't let it get it worse.

It reads like more of a heavy binge tbh.

yeah i think i will go to the doc tomorrow..

heavy binge as oppose to withdrawals or?

i hav to go out tonight - gonna abstain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Could be mild withdrawals. You can get some flu like symptoms but not all of them in withdrawal. When I went through withdrawal for about 4 to 5 days my eyes would not stop watering etc.

Go to the doc and get checked out.

petes wrote: »
    Could be mild withdrawals. You can get some flu like symptoms but not all of them in withdrawal. When I went through withdrawal for about 4 to 5 days my eyes would not stop watering etc.

Go to the doc and get checked out.

Hi folks, felt fine today when I woke up - thank goodness.. no tremor/shake/palpatations..

Phew, was such a relief. I went out last night - I drove - boy I am so glad that I did. I didn't go to the doc - but I will go after xmas and have my bloods done - just to check if everything is ok with regards to my organs (liver enzyme's etc).

I am not sure what to do now though.. I mean, I should probably abstain from now but I wonder if I can have a beer or two in moderation like regular people, say on xmas eve, or is my body still recovering from the "binge"?

I would love to know what is going on biochemically in my body... hmm...

I guess only the bloods can tell that - which I will have done after xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Best to get checked out. After a pretty heavy binge of three or four days I could get that but I went through what I can only imagine as actual withdrawal which was not pleasant to say the least. It lasted for a fair while and I wasn't physically right for at least two weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

To me it just sounds like a bad hangover. If you suffer from anxiety this is probably going to be a common recurrence. Unfortunately the only solution is not to drink as much or deal with the consequences.

To me it just sounds like a bad hangover. If you suffer from anxiety this is probably going to be a common recurrence. Unfortunately the only solution is not to drink as much or deal with the consequences.

well it was a hangover like never before..

but yes, i am abstaining for now - tough i had a slip at the weekend - had 3 beers - but gonna try abstain for the rest of jan..

i feel better already.. less anxious..

on wards and up wards..

maybe i am lucky to have had a warning

• Advertisement
Advertisement