Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming pc for Football Manager

Options
  • 21-12-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello!

I had laptop for 7 years and finally decided to go back to PCs. I'm totally out of loop regarding modern configurations, I am looking to only play football manager on this pc.

So here we go:

1. What is your budget? €1000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming-Football Manager/Internet

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need? 22''

6. Do you need any of peripherals? I need Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Speakers

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer

9. When are you purchasing? In next 60 days.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Bray, Wicklow

These are system requierements for Football Manager:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon 2.2GHz+
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Intel GMA X3100 256MB VRAM
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

As far as I understand the most important is processor, then memory and lastly graphic card for FM.

I am considering also buying prebuilt PC, not sure I would have time and patience to build everything by myself.

So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

All you need is a relatively new PC, you shouldn't have to cross €300 to be honest

Pentium G3220 €50
    H81M board €50
    300w PSU €30
    4gb RAM €30
    120gb SSD €60
    Case €30
    Total €250

Have a look at Amazon for pricing

€1000 will give you a serious gaming PC, even with a monitor and peripherals

*edit* Building can take a few hours, about 2 if all goes well. There's feck all in this PC so there isn't much to go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HerWoYeah

Graphic card?

I am looking to play FM for the following years (been playing it for the last 13), and upgrade PC accordingly. Should I invest in better motherboard? How can I prepare PC for future versions of FM. Thanks for the answer.

You won't need one.

This PC should last donkeys, I'm fairly sure the Pentium 4 in the recommended sheet is as old as I am

*edit Released 2002, so you could have bought one when it was released and it would still be okay. It'll be a long time before this Pentium isnt enough for you I'd imagine.

Wow, that was a surprise. Even if I wanted to play all leagues and watch matches in 3D would that configuration be decent? Sorry for double checking everything.

Going off that spec sheet, yeah. I'll have a look this evening to confirm for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Any modern PC will play FM perfectly fine.

If you are going to play FM and literally nothing else you will have a staggering amount of choice available. Are you sure you won't be tempted into any other sort of games, as that might help narrow stuff down.

You could even pick up a PC from adverts.ie for a good price that will manage FM perfectly.

I also wouldn't take the recommended specs as steadfast. Those specs are for running a campaign under light load. Most people probably run the large database, and your saying you want to run multiple leagues. The recommended specs would be dire for running a heavy FM save as it would take forever inbetween match days.

DSolitude list there looks pretty fine, although personally I'd maybe beef up the CPU if possible and the RAM to 8GB. It's surprising how resource hungry FM games have become. I havn't played this years, but FM15 was a surprising monster at times.

You've also just reminded me to buy FM16 :D

Only other games I play are from Total War series, but FM is priority, I would like to play all leagues and play matches in 3D, that's my goal to achieve.

P.S. Never buy FM before 3rd patch! It's been a rule for years! :D

Advertisement