Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastroschisis

Options
  • 21-12-2015 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am 23 weeks pregnant and have been advised that my baby will be born with gastroschisis. THIs means that the bowels and intestines are outside the stomach and coming from a hole near belly button. I'm A very positive person but finding with is very worrying. We will now have to delver baby in Dublin and are from south, baby will then be transferred to crumlin for at least 9 weeks. I'm distracted and dreading the process and very concerned for the post natal development of this little darling. Can I please ask for very honest posts with information from any family that have experienced this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

No advice but I watched an episode of 'one born every minute' where a baby had the same condition and he was fine after his op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've no experience either but from watching programs such as One Born Every Minute, and the specials they do on Crumlin and Temple St hospitals, while scary your baby is in very good hands. My advice would be not to google at all as it's always worst case scenario's posted. If you are from the south get onto Ronald McDonald House and book a spot for around the time your baby will be born, they are a fantastic help to parents. There is accommodation on site in the hospital also, but it's old and some people prefer RMCDH.

Advertisement