Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merry Christmas, PCG - Any PC Goodies?

• 21-12-2015 2:43am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

Given PCG is relatively new and has finally cemented its own slice of Boards away from General Gaming, I just wanted to write a little thread to wish all current (and potential new) visitors an advanced Merry Crimbo // Happy Holidays -- and maybe take a peak into everyone's presents to see what tech or games yall may be getting from the fat-man in red this year (if any?)

I won't be getting anything myself given I have my shiny new comp (mid-year) and just sporadically buy whatever game I fancy, but maybe you have something on the way (aware or not). Feel free to list your new toys or PCG related XMas shenanigans as we head towards 'that time of year' :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Merry Christmas :)

I'm getting the eldest sister FFXIV Online for her new PS4. Thought I might try it on PC with the crossplay, too.

I'm mostly getting clothes but will be given 2 monitor arms this year. Clean up some desktop space by lifting the secondary screens off the surface. Now I can feel like a real commander in Supreme Commander with the multi monitor feature :D It's more for productivity, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

No plans on buying anything but as usual i will, the steamsale sees to that, and being bored watching the same old Shrek on tv every year (i still love it though) tends to give rise to that. I think there was only one or two years when i got gaming related stuff as a christmas present, both times from my little brother - he bought me Left4Dead on disk, and a month's sub to wow :D omg i just remembered.. he bought me the greatest gift of all, COD4, How could i have forgotten that?!

Happy Christmas! Have a safe and peaceful one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Getting my 1st headset in 13 years Cloud Hyper 2, proteus core mouse and HOTAS.

Bought myself a 1tb SSD and have a 390 in my cart :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No hardware or goodies coming in before Christmas, though i will upgrade my rig next year. Plus, will definitely buy a VR headset when i can.

Might get some stuff in the Steam sale though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, will definitely buy a VR headset when i can.

Vive or OR?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure tbh. OR will be released first from what i've heard, and we know a bit more about it, but I'll wait till closer to launch to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I got a Steam controller! :D

I am seriously, seriously thrilled with it. I should also be getting a new keyboard, and headset, the ones that were in Aldi recently. Probably get a Steam gift card too.

But I am overjoyed with the Steam controller! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got myself a GTX 750ti Black Edition a week or two ago from Amazon France, it replaced a GTX 280 because that didn't support DX11 it seems (yeah, I don't update GFX cards that often :o). Was debating getting the Audioengine A2+ speakers but can't justify the price when I mostly game using headphones.

I'm actually most excited about a tablet stand mount that's incoming, but not really PC related I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Built a comp myself earlier this year as well so that was an early christmas gift to myself! :pac:
    Will be getting a Blue Yeti mic though from the big guy in the red suit which is nice. Also will pick up one or two things from the Steam sale no doubt.

Anyway hope you all have a great gaming Christmas! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

Like keithc83 above me I treated myself to an early xmas gift and put together my first pc last week. (After spending months reading threads here to get ideas and see how difficult if is).

Have lots of games I need to catch up on since my break from gaming so I've been busy buying the DLC for the likes of crusader kings 2 and the most recent Total wars stuff. I might buy some non strategy games over the xmas sales on steam to lighten up my collection though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got myself an early chriatmas present of an nvidia shield tab,got the case that doubles as a stand aswell. Nice piece of kit from what ive seen of it so far. May buy the controller for it and stick it under the tree and pretend i dont know where it came from,cause if i spend any more money on PC/gaming related stuff this year the other half will want my head on a platter!!

Having just bought the bones of a server and the tablet shes already sharpening the blade:(

Oh and a merry christmas and happy new year to everyone:)

EoinHef wrote: »
    Having just bought the bones of a server and the tablet shes already sharpening the blade:(

that's a terrible thing to do to a server

I have a sneaky suspicion there is an Xbone controller coming my way as a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Skerries wrote: »
    that's a terrible thing to do to a server

*Insert headless client joke here*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got a new gsync 144hz 1ms monitor and The Final Mouse recently, talk about a match made in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

The postman delivered my mionix castor mouse yesterday, was delighted to receive such a gift from myself.
    The microsoft sculpt mobile can enjoy its semi-retirement in my laptop bag now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Got a Steam voucher from my sister. The only other present I'm hoping for is a loan approval from AIB (part of the money will go on a new gaming PC). Everyone else just gets me OneForAll vouchers.

Anyway, happy Christmas all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Bought myself an Eonon android stereo for my mondeo. No PC related stuff this year though I picked up an R9 280x earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Just picked up the Steam Link today as an early Xmas present for myself! Just been watching Netflix with the kids so far, hope to try some games later on. Strongly considering the steam controller now.

Happy Christmas all!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Merry Happy everyone :P

I've got an nVidia Shield that I've got a new telly on the way for. Delivery's taking longer than it should though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Got the Hyper X Cloud 2 headset from the OH pink and white edition. Very happy with it really comfortable and sounds great!

kevovek wrote: »
    Got the Hyper X Cloud 2 headset from the OH pink and white edition. Very happy with it really comfortable and sounds great!

just about to open my gun metal version :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sister gave me the cash to preorder the new WoW expansion Legion. Includes a free character boost for gearing a new char is like a game in itself :D

I've been highly tempted by a Corsair K70 too. But bit expensive considering my.current keyboard is fine and I just want a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Got myself a G430 headset and a 240gb ssd for my games in the black friday lightning sales. Doing a full rebuild in the new year so didn't bother with anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Not really the right place to post this, but someone might want to treat themselves to a late Christmas pressie - I was in my local Gamestop (Donaghmede) the other day and they still have one Pip-Boy edition of Fallout 4 (PC) behind the counter. Somebody pre-ordered and then never turned up for it.

Hyper X 2 cloud (not pink) 1st headset in 13 years. Its really really good, son also got one and it can be hard to hear wife moaning at us with it on.
    Proteus Core after a year with the MMO mouse (wife seen gaming written on it ) god i ****ing hated that mouse, proteus is very nice feels a lot like the 518. Son also got one and he using my last 518 and thinks it also.
    Xbox one pad with no windows adapter, feels lighter and doesnt work very well with a standard USB B connector.
    Thrustmaster Hotas X only played it for a while and didnt find any decent profiles for Elite or Arma 3, will spend a bit of time making my own I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Gf got me a Logitech Orion G910!!
    And an NXZT S340 black and blue
    4 x corsair AF120's
    Mac Mini 2012 (second hand) and 16gb of ram and SSD to upgrade it

Will go very nicely with my proteos core mouse and G430 headset

She knows the way to my heart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No tech purchases this Xmas as I put my new machine together back in August/September. I did pick up GTA5 though and I might get around to installing all those dvds today and downloading the inevitably mahoosive update. Been looking forward to high res, first person GTA5 since I played it on PS3 a couple of years back. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Gf got me a Logitech Orion G910!!

No idea what it's actually like, but that looks like one seriously complex keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I got some speakers. Family tends to just give me money and then I can put that towards something. Pay rise in January so might treat myself to something then. No idea what though. PC is playing fallout 4 at ultra with 60 fps so I'm happy enough with most of it. Maybe a SSD or wait for a VR headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, xmas over, thaks god!

Got 50 quid voucher for gamestop from misses as part of the gift, happy out.
    My sister's family got me starcraft 2 void expansion collectors edition and 1 year wow sub. I don't even play wow anymore, but will be nice to feck around. Or might keep it for later when expansion comes out.
    Bought myself an xmas present today. G930 headset on amazon lightning deals went for 69£, was looking for 7.1 headset as I play a lot of arma 3 exile. For that price I could not say no. :)

Hope you all got something nice for yourself this xmas. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

My son got to experience his first Steam Sale while having his own Steam account, he's picked up Kingdom and Besieged so far. I sent my brother, who recently emigrated to the US, a copy of Pillars of Eternity (he was a Baldur's Gate addict like me many years ago), he seems to really like it. I might pick up a game or two in the next week or two, I don't feel rushed about getting anything though (Witcher 3 looks great but I've a few long RPGs to put enough time into before I'd really find time for it and it'll be on sale again, similar for other games).

kevovek wrote: »

it's currently on sale for £50

Advertisement