Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone for cleaning roof gutter?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Any suggestion for a drone strong enough to hold a trowel to carry say 0.5 - 1 Kg muck and the precision to drive along a gutter to clean it out?

25ft is too high for me to reach by ladder and tradesmen don't come when called.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This isn't aviation & aircraft related but there's this non-flying gutter robot:

http://www.irobot.ie/home-robots/gutter-cleaning

You will need to climb a ladder to drop it in place initially though.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Gosh, that looks cute. But I couldn't reach the gutter to put it in in the first place.

I think I may have overreached myself thinking of a drone when in fact an extendable pole might be enough, although the longest I have seen advertised is a Gardena at only 3.9m, c. 12 feet. I'll ask again in DIY, sorry for the mispost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Sysmod wrote: »
    Gosh, that looks cute. But I couldn't reach the gutter to put it in in the first place.

I think I may have overreached myself thinking of a drone when in fact an extendable pole might be enough, although the longest I have seen advertised is a Gardena at only 3.9m, c. 12 feet. I'll ask again in DIY, sorry for the mispost.

I'm not sure you did mis-post, I've no idea where drone related discussion would go. My response was definitely not aviation related though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

none of the drones out there for consumer market can carry much load. Get a decent ladder, google is your friend, there are some companies out there who will rent ladder out for as little as 12-14 euros per day

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Thanks martinsyl but no way am I going up a ladder that high.
    Apart from anything else, it can only be leaned against the wall under the gutter and that still leaves a high gap, no place to be working without hands if I need two to hold the cleaning tool.

I take the point about the drone's capacity. I'll look around for more extensible pole ideas.

Thanks
    P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

perhaps you can hire a scissor lift or something similar - http://www.loxam.ie/fleet/electric-scissors

I've no idea what they cost, but I can't imagine them being too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Graham wrote: »
    This isn't aviation & aircraft related but there's this non-flying gutter robot:

http://www.irobot.ie/home-robots/gutter-cleaning

You will need to climb a ladder to drop it in place initially though.
    Sure that yoke wouldn't even get around the corners :D

PM sent to you Sysmod.

Advertisement