Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It doesn't feel very christmassey this year

Options
  • 21-12-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭

Perhaps its just me or it's the warm weather I dunno but it doesn't feel a bit like Christmas time to me ...........

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We could really do with a bit of frost, all right!

There's no accounting for weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's a bit chillier today but still not cold enough!

You can make it Christmassy though. I sat down with a hot chocolate and a warm chocolate chip cookie last night and wrapped myself in a blanket and realised that that was exactly the kind of Christmassy feeling I'd be looking for.

The bloody rain this morning ruined it again though. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's all about what you make of it, I don't let the weather dampen my spirit, especially living in Ireland. The crowds and the music is enough to make me feel all Christmassy.

Also it's party season and the pubs are jammers, it's got to be Christmas haha.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think it's probably the abnormally wamr weather and seeing people walking about in t-shirts in the sunshine - it doesn't feel like winter at all! Some years I think you have to make a special effort to do something seasonal to get yourself in the mood. I haven't had anything specifically Christmassy yet but migth try to round up the family for some nibbles and drinks at some stage this week before Friday. We did it last minute on 22bnd December last year and it turned into a lovely family eveningof dinner and Christmas drinks in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

screamer wrote: »
    Perhaps its just me or it's the warm weather I dunno but it doesn't feel a bit like Christmas time to me ...........

Turn on the Christmas music.. Really Really loud.
    Bottle of wine. Box of chocs. Fluffy pj's. Dance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Are you kidding OP!? It's so Chrismassy.......I've eaten enough food to fill a transit van, fought with family, had delayed flights, watched Home Alone and Die Hard and spoke to the same people I speak to every year st Xmas down the local knowing we won't speak again until next Xmas.....and I only got home yesterday!! Another two weeks of this to come.....

HO HO HO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I find that Christmassy music and adverts, decorations everywhere do it for me Christmas-wise ;)
    At home, it's Christmas lights on, Christmassy candles lit, rest of the lights out and curled up under a blanket with some sweets! I opened a box of Aldi's version of Quality Street last week (they're very nice btw - the box is empty!).
    I'm one of the few people praying for no snow or anything this Christmas. We have a bit of travelling to do over the winter break, and people to visit so I like to be able to get out and about without having to worry about the weather. Also we have an anniversary mass a few days after Christmas in a church that is never ever warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

miamee wrote: »
    I think it's probably the abnormally wamr weather and seeing people walking about in t-shirts in the sunshine - it doesn't feel like winter at all!
    Yes actually I seen young fellas walking around town on Saturday in t-shirts!! The mammy in me was thinking "they'll be smothered with a dose for Christmas!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

screamer wrote:

Turn on Christmas FM.
    Their cheery, positive approach has got to make you feel a bit more festive.
    Plus, somebody on here suggested wine. That might also help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

You have to make it feel christmassey; open a box of chocolates, start a fire, have some mulled wine, wear a christmas jumper, invite the neighbours over etc

Although the warm weather isn't helping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Sadly Xmas starts earlier and earlier every year so ones sences become immune to all the Xmas parahenallia and has worn off by the time it does actually arrive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well my Christmas spirit has kicked in. One of my buddies sent me a text to tell me she's doing a line with a lovely new man and it's just filled me with good cheer.

I may be boiling to death in my Christmas jumper, but I'm feeling totally festive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I think the act that xmas is everywhere for the best part of 2 months, we are very much used to it...Even this year i saw xmas decorations up before halloween had passed

I've done something to my coccyx so I'm lying on my stomach with my arse sticking up in the air watching Nigella cook a turkey and I'm feeling super Christmassy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

To get yourself in the Christmas spirit I recommend to drink some spirits. Brandy, Whiskey etc..

You'll be feeling merry in no time at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I've done something to my coccyx so I'm lying on my stomach with my arse sticking up in the air watching Nigella cook a turkey and I'm feeling super Christmassy!

Your hardly from Shannon Town? Or are coccyx injuries just super common

Your hardly from Shannon Town? Or are coccyx injuries just super common

Nope, not me! Some poor unfortunate in Shannon Town must be feeling my pain!

Advertisement