Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first Spurs Games ?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Home - Everton April 89 - Won 2-1 (Walsh x 2)
    Away - Liverpool May 93 - Lost 6-2 (Sedgley & Sheringham)

What's yours ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Home Tottenham 3 united 1 in October '99 Steven Carr's wondergoal.

Away: Coventry but I can't remember when. It was early 90's anyway. Spurs won by a 3 maybe 4. Old man is a coventry fan so wasn't actually there as a spurs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

in the late 80s Home to Wimbledon..
    Lost 3-0 i think...

Away to Everton .2-2
    Joe McBride scored a late equaliser for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

One of Christian Gross first games home v Chelsea we were thumped 6-1....welcome to WHL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

1993 Spurs 1 Swindon 1

Jason Dozzell scored for us. Good ol Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

May 2007.
    Tottenham 1 Blackburn 1.
    The match where Hossam Ghaly upon been taken of in teh second half throws his jersey at big Matin Jol. Robbie scored the equaliser I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Home April 2002 v Leeds 2-1 win (Sheringham and Iversen)

Away April 1996 v Nottingham Forest 1-2 defeat (brother is a Forest fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

April 2007 Home v Sevilla, 2 down within the first 10 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

first away game everton spurs 96-97 lost 1 nil to a trademark gary speed header

first home game 2009 ish 0-0 bore draw v burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

1st home game was v Charlton 0-0 draw with Andy Booth and Rebrov up front for us.
    1st away game was at Old Trafford lost 5-2 and we were up 0-2 at half time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

First game I saw was a friendly at Thomond Park in 1981 when Spurs beat Limerick 6-2 Hoddle got 4.
    Competitive games
    Home - Leeds May 1995 - 1-1 Sheringham (Kilinsmann's last game first time round)
    Away - Wigan Nov 2005 - Won 2-1 Keane and Davids though I had been at Wembley for 1999 League Cup final v Leicster and at Old Trafford for the 2-1 defeat by the goons in the 2001 FA Cup semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

ziedth wrote: »
    Home Tottenham 3 united 1 in October '99 Steven Carr's wondergoal.

My first home game also.

First away, 14th November 1998, Highbury, 0-0, and listening to chants of Judas (George Graham). Boring, boring Tottenham!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

1st friendly game was against Derry City in 1990 I think, Terry Venables was manager Gazza and Lineker played

1st game I saw at the lane was against Newcastle, not sure of the year George Graham was manager, won 2-0 Stefen Iverson scored the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

1st ever game was friendly vs. Bohs in 1978 - Villa and Ardiles made their debut (review here). First competitive game was August 1997 at WHL. We beat Villa 3-2. Yet to see them play away from home ...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Home: Coventry in March 1970 - Martin Peters made his debut and scored to put us 1-0 up. Lost 2-1 though
    Away: Wolves in September 1981 - won 1-0. Fairly sure that Tony Galvin got the goal

Was also at that Limerick friendly which was a month earlier - and I still have the programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

WHL wrote: »
    Away: Wolves in September 1981 - won 1-0. Fairly sure that Tony Galvin got the goal

According tothis site, Galvin did get that goal (yes, its a bit quiet at the moment).

Good to see the memory is not failing. I also remember the bottle from the home section that whistled about 6 inches from my head at the end of the game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

my first game at the lane was against leicester i think it was 4-4 or 4-3 to us or something. it was a time when there was a string of 4-4 or 3-4 or 4-3 involving spurs. if im not mistaken.

keane=cock wrote: »
    my first game at the lane was against leicester i think it was 4-4 or 4-3 to us or something. it was a time when there was a string of 4-4 or 3-4 or 4-3 involving spurs. if im not mistaken.

just checked it out here http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SpursvLeicesterCity.html

22 feb 2004 4-4 michael brown jermaine defoe got 2 and robbie goal king keane. memory serve me right we were losing 4-3 maybe after being ahead 3-1??

just checked it out here http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SpursvLeicesterCity.html

22 feb 2004 4-4 michael brown jermaine defoe got 2 and robbie goal king keane. memory serve me right we were losing 4-3 maybe after being ahead 3-1??

ah the internet is great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfvnETn_FSI

• Advertisement

away game was maybe a friendly against bohs 2003. bohs won 3-1 if im not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

away game was maybe a friendly against bohs 2003. bohs won 3-1 if im not mistaken.

i was at that game with my kid brother it was his first game too ,then he changed into a glory hunting manc:D it was a stormy game on and off field , fighting in the stands and handbags on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

20 May 1967, FA Cup Final.

We beat Chelsea 2-1

Jimmy Robertson and Frank Saul scored, before Bobby Tambling scored for Chelsea with just five minutes to go.

I was very young at the time and had to sit on my uncles shoulders

Great day out ( as far as I can remember )

Train to Liverpool via somewhere else.
    Then a slow Boat back to Ireland.

Think they asked us "If We could Row" Once

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

blessed to have my first game as hoddles last at the lane. 3-1 against Oxford 25th April 1987. Remember it so well as a 13 year old we were on a football team trip to liverpool, meself and our assistant manager were spurs fans and we made the trip down for the match. Glorious sunny day aswell with Ghod signing off with one of the casual pieces of brilliance to score in the 90th min.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Spurs v Newcastle at the Lane 1995,drew 1 all,Armstrong and Ginola,great day out.Hooked for more trips for ever more.
    COYS

blessed to have my first game as hoddles last at the lane. 3-1 against Oxford 25th April 1987. Remember it so well as a 13 year old we were on a football team trip to liverpool, meself and our assistant manager were spurs fans and we made the trip down for the match. Glorious sunny day aswell with Ghod signing off with one of the casual pieces of brilliance to score in the 90th min.

Will never forget that goal!!!

Advertisement