Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email address query

Options
  • 21-12-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

I have an email address @eircom.net and it's attached to my laptop which has given up the ghost.

Is there anyway I can see my emails on my phone or via the web? Haven't a clue of my password to access the eircom webmail page

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Go to www.eir.ie and select webmail, then click the link where you say you forgot your password, see how you get on. If you hit a brick wall, this might be another option ......

To reset your password you will need to provide the answers to the security questions you answered when you created your email account. If you did not answer the security question or can't remember your answers, you will need to call Customer Care on 1890 260 260. Please be advised that you will need to provide proof of identity as the owner of the eir account the email is registered to. You should have your most recent bill to hand to answer any security questions our agents may have.

I can't see an option to have a temporary password sent to a mobile phone (which I think is an option in your situation with gmail.com) so the above may be your only route to getting a new password.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Problem is I used to have an eircom Landline account but it was years ago and don't now so how does that leave me? Thanks for help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭perry123

vicwatson wrote: »
    I have an email address @eircom.net and it's attached to my laptop which has given up the ghost.

Is there anyway I can see my emails on my phone or via the web? Haven't a clue of my password to access the eircom webmail page
    is the laptop completely dead? if not and you had email prog you might get a program to show password behind the dots

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

vicwatson wrote: »
    Problem is I used to have an eircom Landline account but it was years ago and don't now so how does that leave me? Thanks for help

You can access boards so you have access to the web, go to www.eir.ie and try the 'forgot password' routine, it might ask you a security question that you remember and that will allow you to change the password without needing to know the current one.

Have you not tried that already? That's your first port of call for any system where you lose the password, you go to the login screen and look for the 'forgot password' option.

Advertisement