Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clean/speed up a HTC one M7?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I currently own a few years old HTC one M7, and I love it. I know it's an 'old' device at this stage, but I love its design and when I looked to replace it, nothing as nicely designed and as high spec comes in on my price range. So, I want to make my now slow and memory-lacking device fresh again. Basically, it's lagging loads at the moment and is not as responsive as it should be.
    Is there any way to wipe it clean, while keeping your data on the device (such as the memory that collects on your device that you don't need)?
    Or, is there any way on your computer, for instance, to go through your phones data to do a mass clean up?
    Is there anything else I can do to freshen up this phone and make it perform more like new? Any tips are helpful, I'm not a big tech guy.
    Thanks and Happy Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Factory Data Reset should sort it out, just back up anything you need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

If you love the design of the M7 then you should buy a new M9. Design wise very similar but with 2015 specs.

A factory reset as mentioned above will do a good job also, but you will run into the same lag issues again eventually, plus battery life will start to deteriorate as the device ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

I done a factory reset on my old one before giving it to the missus. Works fine, never slows down but I can't say I had any real issues with it before the reset. Great phone.
    Moved to the S6 and never looked back,the only inferior thing on the S6 is the speaker set up/volume, pretty much everything else was better. Charges about 2.5 times quicker too.

Advertisement