Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window 2016 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Headshot wrote: »
    It's quite funny the stories of Pato to chelsea. Surely they could do a lot better than Pato. Poor guy is a bit rubbish now after all the injuries

Hes been quiet good in Brazil this year while on loan, hes just not popular in Corinthians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool bid £25m for Alex Teixeira, Ian Ayre flown to Orlando to close the deal.

Its goals Liverpool need and he certainly gives goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

While Shakthar has been a proper club for a long while, the Ukrainian league has gone to ****s in the last 2 years. Exactly those 2 year where he started scoring for them
    And he is a midfielder, not a forward.

Read £45 million is supposed to be the fee which is an awful lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It's crazy to think that Douglas Costa has been the only success story from that 2009 Brazil WC team. Teixeira was probably the best player at that tournament. I would have expected a lot more from him, Ganso and Guiliano. It will be interesting to see how Klopp uses him as he has experience playing quite deep too. Don't think he'll score too many goals in the PL but could be a good addition in the right system. I'd expect him to play quite deep in Klopp's system.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

according to wiki his current team is:
    Current team
    anyone can edit this you chinny mugs

Is he not primarily an attacking midfielder, you know the same position that Coutinho & Firminio play? Obviously when quality is available you try ans sign them but this does not seem like the position they need to improve and whats with them and Brazillian no.10s atm. Unless they are planning a false 9 formation or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

according to wiki his current team is:

Is he not primarily an attacking midfielder, you know the same position that Coutinho & Firminio play? Obviously when quality is available you try ans sign them but this does not seem like the position they need to improve and whats with them and Brazillian no.10s atm. Unless they are planning a false 9 formation or something

Yeah he's plays much further forward usually but he has played deep for Shakhtar. It wouldn't really make sense to buy him and play him as an AMF when you consider that both Coutinho and Firmino are younger and better than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

inforfun wrote: »
    While Shakthar has been a proper club for a long while, the Ukrainian league has gone to ****s in the last 2 years. Exactly those 2 year where he started scoring for them

Probably also worth noting that Russia has annexed a fair portion of the country too (which had disappeared from the news) shaktar play nowhere near their home stadium these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't claim to know about him but I asked a mate who would and he says he used to play deeper now he plays further forward, he also the designated penalty taker now there.

The thing that concerns me is he hasn't even been called up to Brazilian national team yet. However I'm also told, Willian didn't have much of a look in when he was at shaktar and is a common enough thing for them not be picked while not playing in Europe.

Are those 2 points fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Gave me a chuckle this, the Liverpool exaggeration curse kicks in

https://twitter.com/mr_callumwright/status/690141042281160704

Exceptional talent, future balon d'or winner, Barca monitoring

Half of them hadn't even heard of him before this morning,
    I'm aware it's a visa thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't claim to know about him but I asked a mate who would and he says he used to play deeper now he plays further forward, he also the designated penalty taker now there.

The thing that concerns me is he hasn't even been called up to Brazilian national team yet. However I'm also told, Willian didn't have much of a look in when he was at shaktar and is a common enough thing for them not be picked while not playing in Europe.

Are those 2 points fair?

The Brazilian squad for the last world cup was appalling so many fine players not given a sniff, they seem to get picked for political reasons rather than talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Half of them hadn't even heard of him before this morning,
    I'm aware it's a visa thing
    Shakhtar are hardly in the Guinea-Bissau League now are they? There's this thing called the "Champions League" that allows people to be aware of players.

I remember he was great in FM 08 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

glued wrote: »
    Yeah he's plays much further forward usually but he has played deep for Shakhtar. It wouldn't really make sense to buy him and play him as an AMF when you consider that both Coutinho and Firmino are younger and better than him.

I'd say it is more aimed at replacing Lallana and possibly Milner. Those 2 will run and press all day, but don't offer much quality attacking wise. Too much is expected of Coutinho at Liverpool so Firmino settling in more and a quality signing would be an upgrade on what we have.

Markovic is out on loan too, will be interesting to see who the club sells if this gets through.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd say it is more aimed at replacing Lallana and possibly Milner. Those 2 will run and press all day, but don't offer much quality attacking wise. Too much is expected of Coutinho at Liverpool so Firmino settling in more and a quality signing would be an upgrade on what we have.

Markovic is out on loan too, will be interesting to see who the club sells if this gets through.

Milner isn't actually a bad player but has struggled I always find him & Henderson are too similar. Can offers much the same too.
    Lallana is fücking poison tho. Don't know much about Teixeira (nobody else does either no matter who they support) except he was looking to leave for Chelsea for a while.
    Been a pure dead transfer window tbh.

Stoke have really been moving up in the world the past few years under Hughes and now have apparently bid a club record 19m for Belgian born, French under 21 international (now 23) CM Giannelli Imbula who plays for Porto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

FIFA 15 sweat-king Emmanuel Emenike suggesting on his Instagram that he is headed to West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Zarate gone to Fiorentina for 1.6m

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Steve Harper, formerly ever-present in the Newcastle squad for 20 years, join Sunderland aged 40

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Daniel Sturridge to join Holby City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Steve Harper, formerly ever-present in the Newcastle squad for 20 years, join Sunderland aged 40

A complete and utter joke of a transfer. He will never, ever play a minute for the club. As 3rd choice goalkeeper Sunderland could have picked someone up off the street for a few months FFS. Instead they give this clown a wage. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Burak Yilmaz to join West Ham from Galatasary for £6m

https://twitter.com/WestHam_Central/status/691691335863111680

Andross Townsend to Newcastle done for 12m (?), anyway I watched him last night playing for the U21s v Liverpool. Very average for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Strange one and no doubt one must of ye have heard by now is the apparent transfer of Ramires for £25m.

Given he only signed a 4 year extension in October (I think) his value is probably give or take £20m we're getting a slight premium for him I reckon so the price isnt surprising, its the destination, China.

At 28, I would have assumed he would want to stay in Europe and he probably would have had better choice of clubs and still be involved with the Brazil squad, cant see that happening if he takes the money in China

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35404103

Roman certainly knows how to clean the cash!

Roman certainly knows how to clean the cash!

Years of practice. ;)

Although the main person dealing with the transfers and contracts is Marina Granovskaia.

Whats surprising is the amount of money theyre willing to spend in China to attract what are pretty average footballers. Gervinho and Paulinho have both gone out there recently too and you can probably add Ramires to that list shortly.

China is the new MLS :) that said the way the Beijing 100 stocks are tumbling right now the bubble may burst quickly.

Russia used to be attractive but when was the last big money move east?

• Advertisement

The Ramires deal is meant to be 20m and 5m worth of add ons, if its true, we'll be doing well to demand as much as possible upfront. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's something awfully sketchy about the amount of money Chelsea get from their player sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont forget that a Chinese team paid Tottenham an obscene amount for Paulinho recently.
    This is not just Chelsea's good work.
    The Chinese are spending top money for mediocre players.

cson wrote: »
    There's something awfully sketchy about the amount of money Chelsea get from their player sales.
    Dont forget that a Chinese team paid Tottenham an obscene amount for Paulinho recently.
    This is not just Chelsea's good work.
    The Chinese are spending top money for mediocre players.

Thats it really, apart from the money we got for Luiz, which invovled 3 clubs looking to sign him, pushing up the price, theres nothing really dodgy about it.

No player in their right mind with ambitions for top honours would go to China in their prime but money talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Emmanuel Adebayor: Crystal Palace sign striker on free transfer
    rystal Palace have signed striker Emmanuel Adebayor on a free transfer until the end of the season.

Adebayor, 31, was available after being released by Tottenham in September and has scored 94 Premier League goals for Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester City.

Two weeks ago, Palace boss Alan Pardew confirmed his interest in signing the Togo international.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35414102?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Emmanuel Adebayor: Crystal Palace sign striker on free transfer
    rystal Palace have signed striker Emmanuel Adebayor on a free transfer until the end of the season.

Adebayor, 31, was available after being released by Tottenham in September and has scored 94 Premier League goals for Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester City.

Two weeks ago, Palace boss Alan Pardew confirmed his interest in signing the Togo international.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35414102?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

How does he do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

For all his many, many faults I don't think the Adebayor deal is terrible business: as well as being a proven troublemaker and general flute, he can score goals when the mood takes him.

I could imagine Emmanuel being highly motivated towards working for that potential improved contract or Chinese pay day. And sure if it doesn't work out, just bomb him out to dribble round the cones with the kids and then say good luck in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

China is the new MLS :) that said the way the Beijing 100 stocks are tumbling right now the bubble may burst quickly.

Russia used to be attractive but when was the last big money move east?

Is Hulk still playing in Russia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How does he do it?

Pardew or Adebayour?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Gervinho & Ramires gone to China
    Pato going to Chelsea on a 6 month loan deal
    Real Madrid have offerer Barcelona E190 million for Neymar and will double his wages to E35m a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hard to believe Adebayor is still only 31.

Feels like he has been around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

tanko wrote: »
    Is Hulk still playing in Russia?

Yep, still with Zenit, and playing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Gervinho & Ramires gone to China
    Pato going to Chelsea on a 6 month loan deal
    Real Madrid have offerer Barcelona E190 million for Neymar and will double his wages to E35m a year.

Isn't that just acting the maggot? It is a great way of sowing discontent and pushing up the wages at your main rivals.

Ramires officially gone to China, just in time for Pato (hopefully) to take his #7 jersey too. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/ossianshine/status/692338421541572614

Gary Cahill wants move away from Chelsea to save England career, close source tells Reuters.

him and Benteke will be welcomed back to Villa with open arms and get all the first team football* they desire

*may be championship football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ramires officially gone to China, just in time for Pato (hopefully) to take his #7 jersey too. :o

Am I missing something here, £25 million ???:eek:

Am I missing something here, £25 million ???:eek:

Ya......its meant to be £20m upfront. :P

Era he just signed a new 4 year contract, the biggest surprise is hes going there at all, I assumed he'd go in the summer to another European side. I'd be the first ti admit hes far from the best player but hes good enough to do a job in Europe still at a good level.

$$$$$ talks.

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ossianshine/status/692338421541572614

Gary Cahill wants move away from Chelsea to save England career, close source tells Reuters.

I dont believe it TBH, why wait this late in the window to start rumours about a move, makes little sense. Anyway, the way the season is progressing, its going to be Smalling and Stones at CB for England in the Euros regardless of what Cahill does but he'll still make the squad.

I do expect him to be moved along in the summer if we get in another CB though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Ya......its meant to be £20m upfront. :P

Era he just signed a new 4 year contract, the biggest surprise is hes going there at all, I assumed he'd go in the summer to another European side. I'd be the first ti admit hes far from the best player but hes good enough to do a job in Europe still at a good level.

$$$$$ talks.

Mental money for Ramires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I dont believe it TBH, why wait this late in the window to start rumours about a move, makes little sense. Anyway, the way the season is progressing, its going to be Smalling and Stones at CB for England in the Euros regardless of what Cahill does but he'll still make the squad.

I do expect him to be moved along in the summer if we get in another CB though.

Isnt it obvious, he sees Villa in relegation mode and hes going to come back and get the goals to save us from relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lamine Kone signs for Sunderland from Lorient for £6m.

The poor bastard.

He and Kirchhoff should have best defensive partnership in the Championship next season wrapped up by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    Lamine Kone signs for Sunderland from Lorient for £6m.

The poor bastard.

He and Kirchhoff should have best defensive partnership in the Championship next season wrapped up by a country mile.

Okore and Clark say no ;)

• Advertisement

Some rumourmongering that Yarmalenko is off to Arsenal....and that Nolito is the back up position for Liverpool if Teixeira deal don't happen.

Advertisement