Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window 2016 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mental money for Ramires.

If Shelvey is worth £12m then Ramires is surely worth £25m? I think he's a player that would look at home in UCL squads challenging for domestic titles across Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Some rumourmongering that Yarmalenko is off to Arsenal....and that Nolito is the back up position for Liverpool if Teixeira deal don't happen.

Everton have fannied about with the yarmalenko transfer for about 8 months. The Kiev chairman is apparently really difficult to deal with and any transfer this window will involve him being loaned back to Kiev for the remainder of the season (particularly last 16 champs lge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

inforfun wrote: »
    The ChineseLiverpool are spending top money for mediocre players.

FYP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Shelvey is worth £12m then Ramires is surely worth £25m? I think he's a player that would look at home in UCL squads challenging for domestic titles across Europe.

He has energy for days and he does the breaking up work superbly. But he is one of the worst passers of a ball I've ever seen at the top level. If he had learned to quickly offload elsewhere like Mikel does, he would still be at Chelsea but he never did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What 1 televised FA cup match can do for a career

Kevin van Veen of Scunthorpe attracted interest from FC Twente and Cambuur.
    Played rather well against Chelsea earlier this month.

Play a good few years in The Netherlands for Oss in the jupiler league and no one notices you, play 1 match against Chelsea on tv and there you go.

But other than that, the football world is really making sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wahbi Khazari signing for Sunderland from Bordeaux for £9m.

Hopefully he's more Payet than Thauvin, though many people who have watched him a lot say this is a very good signing.

I don't know too much about him myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Remy to Leicester for 11.5m. Decent signing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rhodes to Boro £9million apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea making a profit on a soon to be 30 year old who has done practically nothing since arriving

Hope it works out for Leicester

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Remy to Leicester for 11.5m. Decent signing for them.

The type of signing that will make or break them. Very interesting, but fair play to them they're obviously giving it a good go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are Remy and Vardy not quite similar?

CSF wrote: »
    Are Remy and Vardy not quite similar?

Eh...... one is black the other isn't.

You're right though, but at least they can play remy and rest vardy (assuming he isn't sold) whithout changing the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Remy stayed fit he'd have been brilliant for us. He'll score goals when hes fit and given chances.

Based on that I reckon Vardy goes before the end of the window. Leicester don't even have 2 competitions to play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They will get more money for qualifying for CL than they would for Vardy, would be crazy to sell anyone when they are in such a great position

They'll keep the players until at least the summer

They will get more money for qualifying for CL than they would for Vardy, would be crazy to sell anyone when they are in such a great position

They'll keep the players until at least the summer

It's strange alright, but so is this signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Aiden McGeady to Sevilla on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Vardy would be loopers to go in this window.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Vardy would be loopers to go in this window.

Are you mad? His stock will never be higher.

Leicester on the other hand would be loopers to let him go this window.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lumbo wrote: »
    Aiden McGeady to Sevilla on loan

Looks like hes going to Sheffield Wednesday

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Chelsea making a profit on a soon to be 30 year old who has done practically nothing since arriving

Hope it works out for Leicester

30 yr old with a bad heart....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Gavlor wrote: »
    Are you mad? His stock will never be higher.

Leicester on the other hand would be loopers to let him go this window.

He has a realistic, although admittedly unlikely, chance to win the league this year. Why would he give that up? If he keeps playing well he will still be in demand at the end of the season. I'm not sure he would be a success at Chelsea but that's another argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Paully D wrote: »

Thats a nice vine of yourself below that twit

Headshot wrote: »
    Thats a nice vine of yourself below that twit

Haha! :pac:

Given our transfer record, it'll be a long time before I ever get excited about one of our signings again. Chances are he'll be off for what we paid in the summer when we go down anyway. Hard to see him playing Championship football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No posts about Spurs signing a spare Moussa Dembele in case one breaks?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

No posts about Spurs signing a spare Moussa Dembele in case one breaks?:)

It'll be very confusing when the fans start singing about 'ONE MOUSSA DEMBELE'... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It'll be very confusing when the fans start singing about 'ONE MOUSSA DEMBELE'... :)
    Didn't Rangers fans sing 'There's only 2 Andy Gorams'... after his diagnosis with schizophrenia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Goram

Newcastle have a £21m bid for Berahino rejected.

Ignoring the fact that it's ridiculous money for him, it's a strange one for me. Perez and Mitrovic there already and Doumbia will be coming in on loan. They've also spent £24m combined on Shelvey and Townsend this window, yet their defence (apart from Janmaat) is a shambles and could have done with significant investment.

If they were to get the Berahino deal done for say £25m that would bring Ashley's spending over the last 2 seasons to about £135m. :eek: That spending blows all but the usual suspects out of the water.

They'll be safe as houses anyway so fair play, it must be nice to have a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Ignoring the fact that it's ridiculous money for him, it's a strange one for me. Perez and Mitrovic there already and Doumbia will be coming in on loan. They've also spent £24m combined on Shelvey and Townsend this window, yet their defence (apart from Janmaat) is a shambles and could have done with significant investment.

If they were to get the Berahino deal done for say £25m that would bring Ashley's spending over the last 2 seasons to about £135m. :eek: That spending blows all but the usual suspects out of the water.

They'll be safe as houses anyway so fair play, it must be nice to have a go.
    mad stuff, if he only spent a few seasons back when we were pushing for top four, sports direct must be really creaming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

At this stage I think West Brom want bids for him. Tony Pulis seems to do nothing but speculate about him having his head turned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

kevthegaff wrote: »
    mad stuff, if he only spent a few seasons back when we were pushing for top four, sports direct must be really creaming it.

This is where the lines get muddied, Ashley's business in the main sponsor, so he can set that sponsorship amount at whatever above the market value to keep Newcastle within the financial fair play guidelines.

• Jim White going to have some job hyping what has been honestly a poor transfer window in general. Should be cringe-tastic

• Advertisement

The january transfer window cant get me poor enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jim White going to have some job hyping what has been honestly a poor transfer window in general. Should be cringe-tastic
    Might be a very busy transfer day because there has been so little activity, there must be clubs with a big amount of cash available to spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Peter Odemwingie flying to Marseille for a medical. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

As much as Sky build up deadline day there is sweet f*ck all to get excited about

Unless Natalie Sawyer decides to get them out,Jim White would have to put down the phone for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't worry by a few minutes to 11 it'll all be frantic fun, there is usually one deal that goes right to the wire.

• Advertisement

Well, at least some good news for me.

Kazim-Richards on his way out and off to Celtic.

Thank you Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jim White going to have some job hyping what has been honestly a poor transfer window in general. Should be cringe-tastic

Delighted for him. Some amount of guff comes out of him.
    They know this year is bad though their adverts make that much clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

WATFORD AGREE DOUCOURE FEE

Watford have agreed an £8m fee with Rennes for midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, according to Sky sources.

The player is understood to be travelling to the UK for a medical this morning.

http://www.skysports.ie/transfer-centre

How many players Waterford has signed so far (Summer and Winter)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Doumbia on loan to Newcastle is a done deal.

Can see that scuppering the potential Berahino one, giving they'd have to pay a fortune because it's the final day. Berahino should leave, his career at WBA has stalled at best and he does have great potential, just needs to be somewhere where he'll respond correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, at least some good news for me.

Kazim-Richards on his way out and off to Celtic.

Thank you Celtic

Off-topic question, could you please let me know is there any player we (Spurs) should be looking in the Ajax squad?

Most of the signings from their club has done well for us.

• Doumbia on loan to Newcastle is a done deal.

Can see that scuppering the potential Berahino one, giving they'd have to pay a fortune because it's the final day. Berahino should leave, his career at WBA has stalled at best and he does have great potential, just needs to be somewhere where he'll respond correctly.

McClaren done well this window tbf

Even without Berahino, Newcastle fans surely happy with the business that has been done.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Off-topic question, could you please let me know is there any player we (Spurs) should be looking in the Ajax squad?

Most of the signings from their club has done well for us.

At the moment?

None of them will make your first 11 better. Or squad. Apart from maybe Klaassen as he could be a good stand in for Eriksen.

Bazoer will sooner or later end up abroad at a decent level if he keeps improving

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh joy, Doumbia in Premier League teams in Fifa :P

Will fit in well beside my Remy I guess....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

09_09_09 wrote: »
    WATFORD AGREE DOUCOURE FEE

Watford have agreed an £8m fee with Rennes for midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, according to Sky sources.

The player is understood to be travelling to the UK for a medical this morning.

http://www.skysports.ie/transfer-centre

How many players Waterford has signed so far (Summer and Winter)?

A lot but thats what happens when you have Roddy Collins as manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The only deadline day that was ever worth the hype was the Torres/Carroll transfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement