Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window 2016 Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

rob316 wrote: »
    The only deadline day that was ever worth the hype was the Torres/Carroll transfer.

Didn't Suarez sneak in the door that day as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

The only deadline day that was ever worth the hype was the Torres/Carroll transfer.

Robinho/Berbatov no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Tevez and Mascherano was the craziest transfer I can ever remember. Never been so shocked or confused about a transfer as that one.

Whatever about Pep going to City,It seems Jim White has dumped Natalie Sawyer as his deadline day sidekick

Ruthless stuff from White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Whatever about Pep going to City,It seems Jim White has dumped Natalie Sawyer as his deadline day sidekick

Ruthless stuff from White

SNUBBED! SSN in deadline-day SHOCK as Sky Sports relegate Natalie Sawyer to the reserves. Sawyer is said to have been at odds with Jim White about how low-cut her yellow dress was to be.

On speculation that Sawyer would now be looking for a new broadcaster, Sawyer's agent remarked "A new broadcaster? Natalie is a top football newsreader who is happy at Sky and is determined to get her place back. However, in football news, as in life, anything can happen".

White was unavailable for comment despite clearly having his mobile with him while he was presenting the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Kate looks lovely in yellow though!

• Stoke not ****ing around...

Imbula to Stoke for 18 million looks likely

Could be bad news for Glenn Whelan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

What a cracking signing that would be... I'd take him at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

When did SSN start giving you Football Manager like stats on players? lol That's comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Enrique back to Newcastle is being discussed.

Peter Odemwingie flying to Marseille for a medical. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that move has fallen through :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

When did SSN start giving you Football Manager like stats on players? lol That's comical.

Beginning of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Doucouré signs for Watford for a reported 8m, breaking their transfer record for a second time this month. Looks likely that he'll immediately be sent on loan to Granada for the next 6 months.

Rumours also about regarding Sinclair from Liverpool, that Watford have set the max price they are willing to pay, and could possibly try sign him on a pre contract next week. The kick being, that he will sign the pre contract with Udinese/Granada, to then avoid having to pay the tribunal fee that would be required if transferring to another English side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Old Phil really hasnt a clue, he thinks Liverpool can make top 4 :pac:,
    Like I love Klopp think hes possibly the best manager in the league, but their is weakness everywhere in the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I miss moments like this :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Poor Sky. Their Deadline Day bubble has well and truly burst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Not for the Italian deadline day.
    This reporter was outside Stamford Bridge!!!

F**king Hilarious!!!!!

https://twitter.com/90thMin/status/694247257428877312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

SantryRed wrote: »
    Doucouré signs for Watford for a reported 8m, breaking their transfer record for a second time this month. Looks likely that he'll immediately be sent on loan to Granada for the next 6 months.

Rumours also about regarding Sinclair from Liverpool, that Watford have set the max price they are willing to pay, and could possibly try sign him on a pre contract next week. The kick being, that he will sign the pre contract with Udinese/Granada, to then avoid having to pay the tribunal fee that would be required if transferring to another English side.

Quare bit of shuffling going on between those clubs. I see that a Venezuela teenager has signed from Udinesse to Watford, but is going on loan to Grenada now on loan. I'd suggest there is nothing untoward going on at all, and that all this money moving about is all above board.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Quare bit of shuffling going on between those clubs. I see that a Venezuela teenager has signed from Udinesse to Watford, but is going on loan to Grenada now on loan. I'd suggest there is nothing untoward going on at all, and that all this money moving about is all above board.....

He's actually already on loan at Granada to make it funnier :pac:

Ah, I've no doubt that the Pozzo's now see where the money is to be made between the three clubs. However, this Venezuelan kid comes with high praise, so I look forward to seeing him in a yellow shirt next season, hopefully in the PL!

EDIT: Seems like he's on loan to Granada until June 2017, when he will gain his Spanish citizenship.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Stoke with the most expensive transfer then ??

Just goes to show what kind of cash is floating around in the PL,

Stoke splashing 18m and then you had Bournemouth earlier in the window spending 10m on a striker,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone know much about Imbula? Only played 10 league games for Porto this year it appears? :confused:

Close that window

Go home Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Stoke splashing 18m and then you had Bournemouth earlier in the window spending 10m on a striker,

Nevermind the PL. Middlesbrough spent £11m, a championship club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Nevermind the PL. Middlesbrough spent £11m, a championship club.

On Jordan Rhodes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The 3 fake representatives from Man Utd at Bilbao was good craic

And Berbatov hijacking*

*may have been over exaggerated by media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

tanko wrote: »
    On Jordan Rhodes??

Yes. Actually taking sky's bs hyping of the fee out of it, it's £9m initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I wonder are these players value for money though.It's no real advantage to have money if you're getting rode with a high price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Very depressing to see Aston Villa throwing in the towel. I know they're 10 points off safety but they only hope they had was to buy a few players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone know much about Imbula? Only played 10 league games for Porto this year it appears? :confused:

Excellent DM. I haven't seen as much of him this season, as you stated he has played quite infrequently, but at Marseille he was simply a monster. Tough tackling and a very good reader of the game. At 23 years old he can only get better.

He's struggled to hold down a place this year as he's got strong competition in his role with Porto's wonderkid Ruben Neves keeping him out for the most part. Porto also utilise Andre Andre and Herrara as the main midfield pairing ahead of the DM so trying to displace either was always going to be a difficult proposition for him.

I would have loved Imbula at Liverpool, £18 million could seem a snip in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Van Ginkel to PSV so that is the eredivisie sawn up for them
    If you are gambling man, they are evens at stan james and lower elsewhere.

Ajax sent Sanago back to Arsenal and got no one in.
    It is between these 2 and PSV has the much better squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

How did the Agent sell Stephen Fletcher to Marseille? Someone please tell me how this deal got done?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Did anyone else spot that Charlton got Fanni and Ross County got Goodwillie? I can't help thinking that if those two ever clash it could be X-rated.

00a795e5915923e2268239f7d33a091a.png

Money spent in euro's

Here you can play a bit with it.

Screenshot is for money spent (uitgaven) other options in that link are inkomsten (money received) and last option is the balance of those 2

Elkeson from Guangzhou to Shanghai is a biggie for China i reckon. Cost a bit as well.

How did the Agent sell Stephen Fletcher to Marseille? Someone please tell me how this deal got done?!?!

Can see him doing quiet well over their if he stays fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

astonaidan wrote: »
    Can see him doing quiet well over their if he stays fit

I don't think he is all that suited to the way Marseille play and I'm pretty sure he's going to have a tough time getting into the starting 11. Marseille play a 4-5-1 in general with Batshuayi through the center up top I cant see fletcher replacing him.

I don't think he is all that suited to the way Marseille play and I'm pretty sure he's going to have a tough time getting into the starting 11. Marseille play a 4-5-1 in general with Batshuayi through the center up top I cant see fletcher replacing him.
    I dont see him replacing him either, but Fletchers technical ability for me is underrated, think its been injuries that have held him back a bit. If nothing else fair play to him for playing abroad for a while, silly more players dont try it

I dont see him replacing him either, but Fletchers technical ability for me is underrated, think its been injuries that have held him back a bit. If nothing else fair play to him for playing abroad for a while, silly more players dont try it

No sorry I'm not getting at Fletcher, I 100% admire him for going there BUT given his record of injuries I'm just wondering how his agent engineered the move to Marseille.

Marseille are a big club with a passionate following, great place to go to a game. I'm just confused as to how it happened, he hasn't scored since November, been an unused sub since the turn of the year and he's with one of the worst teams in the Premier League.

Just how did Marseille decide they wanted him? If fit, he probably does have a few goals in him but I cant see him replacing Batshuayi who has actually been excellent( but inconsistent) this season.

• Advertisement

No sorry I'm not getting at Fletcher, I 100% admire him for going there BUT given his record of injuries I'm just wondering how his agent engineered the move to Marseille.

Marseille are a big club with a passionate following, great place to go to a game. I'm just confused as to how it happened, he hasn't scored since November, been an unused sub since the turn of the year and he's with one of the worst teams in the Premier League.

Just how did Marseille decide they wanted him? If fit, he probably does have a few goals in him but I cant see him replacing Batshuayi who has actually been excellent( but inconsistent) this season.

Yeah your right, world class agent :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks like Jackson Martinez is off to China for 35m. Word that Teixeira is off too for 50m.

China got serious money all of a sudden....

Atletico must be thrilled. He (Jackson Martinez) was rather rubbish for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Injuries and the fact he makes George Best in his prime look sober.

Paully D wrote: »
    Injuries and the fact he makes George Best in his prime look sober.

what a comment, nearly choked on my sandwich reading that, hilarious!

Advertisement