Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone tried surinder singh route?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I hold the Portuguese and British passport and will be getting married next year to my lovely girlfriend who is from outside Europe.

Thinking of taking 6 months off from work here in UK and move to Ireland and look for work.

Should I get married first and later move to Ireland for few months or should I move to Ireland and work for few months and later get married?

Any advice will be good

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kingrulzuk wrote: »
    I hold the Portuguese and British passport and will be getting married next year to my lovely girlfriend who is from outside Europe.

Thinking of taking 6 months off from work here in UK and move to Ireland and look for work.

Should I get married first and later move to Ireland for few months or should I move to Ireland and work for few months and later get married?

Any advice will be good

Thank you

Whst s surinder singh got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Whst s surinder singh got to do with it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surinder_Singh_route

"The Surinder Singh route is a method for British citizens to secure UK immigration rights for their non-European spouses, who are unable to join their partners because of several changes in UK immigration law aimed at reducing net migration.

The Surinder Singh route involves living and working elsewhere in the European Economic Area for a period of three or more months (there is no actual time period required by EU law but instead it is based on previous case law and its application) and then asserting the rights associated with EEA citizenship and free movement to gain access to their own country while being covered by European law."

Advertisement