Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term accommodation in cork

Options
  • 21-12-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm moving to Cork in the new year and I'm trying to find temporary accomidation for 2-3 months. I'm just wondering if anyone has advice to do this? The majority of the rentals sites like daft have 1 year leases and air bnb works out very expensive. I was thinking of approaching maybe a b n b about doing a deal maybe. I'll be away most weekends too. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Aileen

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

An idea of what area you would be interested in could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep as above where abouts in Cork are you moving too... Most places to be honest would be long term rent.. If tis Cork city you could try maybe the hotels and that some of them have staff quaters or houses they would rent out like Rochestown park or Marybourough..After that there is some done by UCC me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 diaboldearg

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I'm going to work in Ringaskiddy so Cork city, Douglas or even Crosshaven would all suit. I have a car so at least I can travel. I'm looking at bnb/hotel for a few days at least but I may need accommodation for up to two months which makes this option very expensive!

Try the Rochestown Park, that would be handy enough Ringaskiddy is only down the road...they defo have houses that staff use so they might rent out...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

There are short term houses on daft under holiday homes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

Some of the hotels have serviced apartments short - medium term lets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 diaboldearg

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been onto Rochestown park and all they had was a 3 bed town house for over 2500 euro for the month. I must ask around a couple more hotels. The holiday homes are pretty much the same thing, large and expensive. I'm not sure I'm going to get around this without having to spend lots of money.

That is a lot indeed,, Just thinking now when you say BnB i know of one place in Ballintemple who might be worth asking Carole Ville.. It would be around a 15min drive to Ringaskiddy i suppose and the traffic can be annoying but it might work for you.. Theres a bnb too on the Rochestown road going towards Passage Glencairn http://www.glencairnbb.ie/directions.html that would be closer to Ringaskiddy and there wouldnt be much traffic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Try searching for short term apartments in Carraigaline and maybe Crosshaven also. Carraigaline is very convenient to Ringaskiddy but without the city attractions. Crosshaven area (futher away) is likely to have holiday lets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

I recently moved to Cork from England, I managed to get a winter let of a holiday home, so depending on what time of year you'll move, that might be worth looking out for, or even advertising in a local paper for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement