If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon AVR-X1200W

Options
  • 21-12-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I see you stock the Denon AVR-X2200W, but I was wondering whether you have the Denon AVR-X1200W?

Potentially looking to purchase a receiver/speaker package in the New Year at some stage.

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I see you stock the Denon AVR-X2200W, but I was wondering whether you have the Denon AVR-X1200W?

Potentially looking to purchase a receiver/speaker package in the New Year at some stage.

Cheers
    Hi Techdriver.

The AVRX1200 is not one that we normally stock but I'm sure we could possible get a hold of one of them if available to us.
    Only see one other UK retailer selling these priced at £299.99

We do have some deals listed on our .co.uk site on the 2200 with speaker packs starting at:
    There would be the 2200 along with DX1 5.1 speaker pack coming in at £699.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah012829

You could also look at some other manufacturers if you are not set on Denon.

Yamaha RXV379 with the DX1 51. pack priced up at £439.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah012703

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi Guys,

Cheers
    Hi Techdriver.

The AVRX1200 is not one that we normally stock but I'm sure we could possible get a hold of one of them if available to us.

We do have some deals listed on our .co.uk site on the 2200 with speaker packs starting at:
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah012829

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah012703

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking to future proof as much as possible, so looking for a Atmos and DTS:X capable receiver as I won't be upgrading for a long time in the near future. I want to keep the package cost as low as I can, whilst still getting a decent setup.

The Reason I was looking at the 1200 is that it is a good deal cheaper than the 2200 (£299 from elsewhere) and the only difference I see is the slight power output and a few connections, which I don't need, plus the 4K upscaler, which I don't need either as the TV does that fine.

I was looking at the Wharfedale DX1 to go with it alright, you must have read my mind :-)

Hi Guys,

Cheers
    Hi Techdriver.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking to future proof as much as possible, so looking for a Atmos and DTS:X capable receiver as I won't be upgrading for a long time in the near future. I want to keep the package cost as low as I can, whilst still getting a decent setup.

The Reason I was looking at the 1200 is that it is a good deal cheaper than the 2200 (£299 from elsewhere) and the only difference I see is the slight power output and a few connections, which I don't need, plus the 4K upscaler, which I don't need either as the TV does that fine.

I was looking at the Wharfedale DX1 to go with it alright, you must have read my mind :-)
    Hey Techdriver.

Yeah the DX1 kit does sound the part :D. We have demoed it many many times here at the store.
    The Denon range this year do sound fantastic and with the 2200 getting product of the year, you know your purchasing a quality receiver.

I'll check on the 1200 although I may not get an answer at this point until after Christmas.

Hi Guys,

Cheers
    Hi Techdriver.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply.

Hey Techdriver.

Yeah the DX1 kit does sound the part :D. We have demoed it many many times here at the store.
    The Denon range this year do sound fantastic and with the 2200 getting product of the year, you know your purchasing a quality receiver.

I'll check on the 1200 although I may not get an answer at this point until after Christmas.
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks for that.

Let me know when you hear anything.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Cheers
    Hi Techdriver.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply.

Hey Techdriver.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for that.

Let me know when you hear anything.

Cheers
    Hi Techdriver.

The AVRX2200 has now dropped in our sale to £379.00 it that is of any help? This make it a better deal than the 1200.

Let me know if this helps any.

• Advertisement

I went for the AVRX2200 from RS and Kenny had it delivered to me within 24 hours.

Great service and quick delivery.

Cheers Guys!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks a million TD for taking the time to come back to us and we hope you really enjoy the Denon AVRX2200 - its an exceptional bit of kit!

Always drop me a line if I can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys,

I'm back again! Ha Ha.
    Was just wondering whether you would have any advice on what speakers to pair with the Wharfedale DX-1 SE HCP for Atmos.

I am looking for ceiling mountable as I have obstructions in my way for using upfiring modules.

Due to install "pain in the ass" issues, I'm probably looking for a standard mountable speaker that i'll mount from the ceiling and point downwards as opposed to cutting holes in my ceiling for in-ceiling speakers.
    I don't want to spend a fortune on them, as my wife is already asking how much the gear I bought already cost! LOL. I know Wharfedale mention an extension pack for the HCP, but I have not been able to find them anywhere.

Would the JBL Control 1 set you have do the trick?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I'm back again! Ha Ha.
    Was just wondering whether you would have any advice on what speakers to pair with the Wharfedale DX-1 SE HCP for Atmos.

I am looking for ceiling mountable as I have obstructions in my way for using upfiring modules.

Due to install "pain in the ass" issues, I'm probably looking for a standard mountable speaker that i'll mount from the ceiling and point downwards as opposed to cutting holes in my ceiling for in-ceiling speakers.
    I don't want to spend a fortune on them, as my wife is already asking how much the gear I bought already cost! LOL. I know Wharfedale mention an extension pack for the HCP, but I have not been able to find them anywhere.

Cheers
    Hey Techdiver.

Apologies for the delay.

I had been off yesterday. I will give you a call in the next 10 mins :D

Hi Guys,

I'm back again! Ha Ha.

Cheers
    Hey Techdiver.

Apologies for the delay.

Hi Kenny,

Sorry, my phone was just off there a few minutes ago in case you were trying to call me.

It's back on now.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I'm back again! Ha Ha.

Cheers
    Hey Techdiver.

Apologies for the delay.

Hi Kenny,

Sorry, my phone was just off there a few minutes ago in case you were trying to call me.

It's back on now.
    Hi Techdiver.

Hopefully the JBL's will have arrived with you and have been installed into your system.

If you can think of anything else you may need drop me a post :(

Hi Techdiver.

Hopefully the JBL's will have arrived with you and have been installed into your system.

Hi Kenny,

The JBL's arrived on Thursday. Great service again lads!

Installed them last night. Used the supplied mounts to attach them to the ceiling firing downwards. Secured both into the joists, so they are very secure.

I recalibrated the avr-x2200w with the new configuration and then threw on a few Atmos samples. All I can say is WOW. Even in the minimal 5.1.2 setup it's makes a difference. Watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and it was fantastic with the setup.

I just have to re-tidy all my cabling again! Ahhh!

Hi Techdiver.

Hi Kenny,

The JBL's arrived on Thursday. Great service again lads!

Installed them last night. Used the supplied mounts to attach them to the ceiling firing downwards. Secured both into the joists, so they are very secure.

I recalibrated the avr-x2200w with the new configuration and then threw on a few Atmos samples. All I can say is WOW. Even in the minimal 5.1.2 setup it's makes a difference. Watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and it was fantastic with the setup.

I just have to re-tidy all my cabling again! Ahhh!
    Hi Tech.

I'm so gald that you are up and running and that you are over the moon with your setup.

You should check out Transformers or Ninja Turtles in Atoms they sound fantastic! We run these as our Demo movies for Atmos.

Should you require us in the future or come across any questions just drop us a post or PM.

Again thanks for the orders :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.