Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loose tea recommendations for Lyons/Barrys tea drinker

• 21-12-2015 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,894 ✭✭✭✭

I bought one of these as an Xmas present and want to pickup a bag of loose tea along with it.

The receiver isn't a fan of Earl Grey and is fairly addicted to the standard Lyons/Barrys teas so am I looking for "English Breakfast Tea"?

I'm more of a coffee drinker so have no idea what to look for in tea.

I'm willing to spend around €10-€15 for a pouch of good Black tea, and it has to be a bricks & mortar shop in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Pop into Wall & Keogh just past Rathmines on your way into town and have a chat with them. You're probably looking for an Irish Breakfast tea which is a good bit different to the English variant. Could be mistaken but I think Irish tea is a stronger blend.

They know their stuff in wall and Keogh so they'll tell you it all. Fairly cheap too. 2 to 4 Euro a pouch, depending on the tea you buy.

Edit: There are also two places around south william street but they're a little pricier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,894 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Edit: There are also two places around south william street but they're a little pricier.

Hmm that'd be closer to where I am so more suitable.

Is there a place on Nassau street too?

mrcheez wrote: »
    gavmcg92 wrote: »

Hmm that'd be closer to where I am so more suitable.

Is there a place on Nassau street too?

Not that I'm aware of. Kc peaches stock loose leaf but I'm not sure what it's like. All comes prepackaged from a company as opposed to a wholesaler like the others.

Funny thing actually, if you go into the few places around town you will see the same blends popping up. I would say they all deal with the same importer.

Now that I'm back home and on the PC, I will give you a list of the places I know.

Clement & Pekoe, 50 South William Street
    Oolong Flower Power, No 4 Stephens Street Lower
    Wall and Keogh, 45 Richmond St. South
    House of Tea, The Swan Shopping Centre, Rathmines

There is also a place in the Stephen's Green Shopping centre but I haven't bought anything from them.

Cool will pick one of those thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Bewleys Breakfast tea is my brew of choice and it's not expensive. Fantastic stuff. Can only be bought in Bewley shops or online.

• Advertisement

Got a nice back of Assam Leaf "Corramore" in Clement & Pekoe, so that'll do, thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can get Barry's in loose form as well.

convert?fit=crop&h=190&w=190

irish_goat wrote: »
    You can get Barry's in loose form as well.

convert?fit=crop&h=190&w=190

Good to know... wanted to get a luxury brand for Xmas pressie though

mrcheez wrote: »
    Got a nice back of Assam Leaf "Corramore" in Clement & Pekoe, so that'll do, thanks!

Nice to hear! Hope it goes down well!

Advertisement