Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift advice

Options
  • 21-12-2015 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently moved into a new place and a girl I know dropped over the other night and brought over a bottle of Moet as a housewarming gift - which was of course really generous of her.

I know her because she's going out with one of my BFs friends for the past year or so. We'd natter on whatsapp about trying to plan things with the lads or wedding we're both going to, and we've become friends, but I don't know her that well beyond that.

The thing is, she's also just moved into a new place and has invited me over on Wed (the lads are going on a mad one, no GFs invited!) so she said we'd do a movie night. Under normal circumstances I'd just get her a bottle of something in return, but she doesn't drink, so thats out. With other friends I've bought nice wine glasses etc as housewarming gifts but again thats also not an option. I never realized how hard it is to buy non drink related homewares for someone!

I'd like to get her something nice, but all I can come up with is a yankee candle which seems lame on multiple fronts! Firstly I can't understand spending loads on a candle and secondly it just seems a bit crap.

Any ideas on a house gift for a non drinker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

Hi,

As stated in the Ladies Lounge charter
    Do not post gift requests. Use the Gifts & Festivities forum.

I have moved your thread to the G&F forum. Their charter now applies.

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

How about some sort of Christmas decoration? Suitable as a housewarming present and also suitable for the time of year.

Advertisement